PDA

View Full Version : DEER Reciepies Please

fish10plus
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
I had a friend give me an Shoulder to knee and it wieghs about 10-12lbs was looking to cook it later this week and need some help. Thanks

smithstation
09-29-2010, 01:42 PM
If its a front shoulder you may get a few steaks out of it. Not the best eating part of the deer. I grind my deers shoulders into burger, may cut some stew meat from it but the majority is ground up. Good luck.

DUNNIGAN JIM
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
If this is a shoulder roast you can make a very good roast. heat oven to 350 degrees-.. what you need apple cider or apple juice -rosemary-thyme-carrots-onions-potatoes-flour. mix flour -thyme-rosemary (at least 2 tablespoons of the rosemary and tyhme-1 1/2 cups flour) add water to make a thin paste . cover the roast with this mixture making a few cuts in the roast. add the apple cider or juice to the roasting pan add potaos-onions (i use the little red potatos and red onion) cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs (depending on size of roast) .. i like the apple cider better the apple juice will make it a little sweeter.

CRABBY
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Have you thought a just making some nice seasoned jerky,it's great.Don

scales
10-03-2010, 12:54 PM
dunnigan jim, the cider breaks the meat down better. nice recp.
smogguy, cut into thin strips, put into hot butter or marg. in sauce pan. brown just a touch. remove the meat. put some cut bell peppers, onion, black pepper, garlic and salt into butter. stir it for about 5 minutes than put the meat back in for about 5 minutes always stirring. serve in tortilla shell.

scales
10-03-2010, 12:55 PM
could always check buckmasters.com

PTownViper
10-19-2010, 07:37 PM
My wife cooked a shoulder roast(deer) tonight in the crock pot with onion, celery, carrots, fresh garlic, bat leafs, salt and pepper, crushed tomatos and 1/2 cup port wine and 1/2 cup balsomic vingar cook low for 7-8 hours, last 2 hours placed brocoli and zaceni(spell check) boil noddles and serve over noddles. Great winter time meal.

PTownviper

DRF
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Braise it!!!!!

Then you'll need this HuntFishCook.com (http://www.huntfishcook.com/index.php?option=com_ricettario&func=viewcategory&Itemid=48&catid=2)

JrF