PDA

View Full Version : Ace Line Hauler

jdecker
11-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Can anyone recommend these? I noticed on the new Scotty DR they have a different electrical connection and there will need to be modifications in order for it to work. Let me know good or bad.
Thanks

Allen
11-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I have an ace linehauler and it works for me.

Questions are, what pots will you be running, how many, how deep, and how often will you be pulling pots?

I have a stand alone battery I put on deck just for the Ace, and have a footswitch inline so you can run it up hands free .

Not sure but I suspect Ace will give you the new scotty connector if you buy a new unit. Mine (used) came w/o the cable lanyard to keep the pin from getting lost, and last Xmas they sent me one. I think Ace is a good company, for a non- commercial use type unit.

Allen

drstressor
11-17-2007, 10:56 AM
I can't comment on the line hauler, but changing the Scotty connectors is very easy.

tkdvellone
11-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I have one I use and I love it, its lightweight easy to move and doesnt take up too much room when in storage. I use it to pull my pots that are usually full and havent had a problem. I know that you can also get them with the cannon plugs also now.