10-08-2010, 02:47 PM
FISHNJIM
View Profile
View Forum Posts
Private Message
View Blog Entries
View Articles
Add as Contact

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date Dec 2006
Posts 189Re: Lake Amador?
Ok. Lets get down to business. Whats gonna be the hot set ups once things get rolling here. Ive always had good luck with grubs. I know some people like rebels or rapalas? What is the go to set up for Oct/Dec?? Anybody care to comment.

flytier
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
From the previous thread:

That may be your experience. But I catch trout from Amador with threadfin shad in their stomach. .

Fair enough. But how much bigger will they grow in the few hours/days that they will survive after release in Amador even if there really is lots of food there? (which is something that I strongly dispute anyway).

If you take a look at a lake that has REAL food content for fish (eg. Eagle Lake for example) you will see that is has an extensive littoral zone with a masses of bugs and green algae and little fish everywhere. And the lake level is fairly constant allowing all that stuff to grow and flourish.

Contrast that with Amador's widely fluctuating water levels and muddy lifeless walls.

Etray
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Im thinking orange grubs and white grubs are going to work the best top lining them.

rapla rob
10-09-2010, 06:32 AM
:dwarf26cp::clown:any one have any pic of water level, boat launch would like to see how much water is in lake.

gatorbait
10-09-2010, 10:33 AM
No plant this week, water temps are still to high.
Note: 112,200 was from end of last years plant.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2527/ama3a.jpg

Picture was taken this morning at 11 AM(10/09). JVID reported water level
at 16 ft under spill (last months report).
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3535/ama1.jpg

I think this guy showed up a week to early?
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/782/ama2.jpg

Hey SMOGGUY,
If you live in Amador County you don't have to smog your vehicles! Yep..

Etray
10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
So there nt stocking tommorow

gatorbait
10-09-2010, 11:05 AM
So there nt stocking tommorow

I don't think so but, you may want to call the front desk.

Jfitalia
10-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't think so but, you may want to call the front desk.

They did a test plant this week but the water is 71 and they didn't do well. So they said maybe in 2 weeks

CRABBY
10-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey SMOGGUY,
If you live in Amador County you don't have to smog your vehicles! Yep.. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I'm workin on that Gator,to bad I'll be retired by then,gonna be a lot of mad people.Don

FISHNJIM
10-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Orange and White grubs uh? How bout broken backs? somebody told me good ol fashion flashers and worm?

Fishnjim

dinos marine
10-10-2010, 08:07 AM
i have caught them on
1) grubs white, pearl white, black, sunkissed, motor oil (in that order)
2) rapalas, j7, j9, f7, f9. color?? no particular
3) dodger/worm, worm bare.
4) sometimes early season they like this little pink lure i have. not sure what its called but it worked really good last early season.
good luck
dino

EarlyFish
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
So if the trouts in Amador are able to hit J9 and F9 lures, does that mean they're able to hit 4" shad imitation lures for bass?? Ex: Spro BBZ-1 Shad, Strike King- King Shad, Rapala X-rap (XR-8). Just wondering if anyone had tried.

gatorbait
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
So if the trouts in Amador are able to hit J9 and F9 lures, does that mean they're able to hit 4" shad imitation lures for bass?? Ex: Spro BBZ-1 Shad, Strike King- King Shad, Rapala X-rap (XR-8). Just wondering if anyone had tried.

I've caught them Amador trout on a 3.5" fluke while bass fishing but, that was just a fluke.:laugh: I noticed Amador water level is going down fast. I hope this does not complicate them plants this year.

Etray
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
can some one take a picture of the launch ramp.

gatorbait
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
can some one take a picture of the launch ramp.

Launch ramp is in great shape with loading docks on one side. Plenty of room to put 2
boats in at a time. Sorry, no pics..

Etray
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
ok sweet thanks

FISHNJIM
10-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Last I heard water was too warm still.. Should be a couple weeks away for the first big plant.

FISHNJIM

Etray
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
i called the front desk they said they will plant friday.

CRABBY
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh Boy now it starts,good luck people.Don

gatorbait
10-11-2010, 09:19 PM

I wonder how many since them day temps will be in the 90's.

dinos marine
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
hmmm should be a zoo this weekend
dino

gatorbait
10-12-2010, 07:14 AM
hmmm should be a zoo this weekend
dino

I'd call Amador Friday and see how many lbs they will be stocking. I know the word
was 10,000 first plant. If you ask me, temps are way to high to risk a 10K plant.
It could be another test plant but who knows for sure? I'll try to post some pics
for you guys over the weekend.

dinos marine
10-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I'd call Amador Friday and see how many lbs they will be stocking. I know the word
was 10,000 first plant. If you ask me, temps are way to high to risk a 10K plant.
It could be another test plant but who knows for sure? I'll try to post some pics
for you guys over the weekend.
gator,
are you headed out for a test run this weekend?
dino

FISHNJIM
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I would call it more of a test plant. I wouldnt get too excited boyz. They put in 17 fish yesterday, and supposedly they lived. But this weekends plant is only a test. Maximum of 3000lbs. It will be a couple weeks before the 10k plant. It is coming though boyz!

FISHNJIM

EarlyFish
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
So who's going out there this weekend? The only way to find out if they stocked is to get out there.

CRABBY
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Don't want to pop the bubble here but as I stated in the previous thread,HAS anyone talked to the owners,do they have security this year,anyone notice repairs or improvements going on,what are there intentions??This used to be much more than a put an take snag the fish type lake an then run,any DFG people want to comment?Just curious.Don

PapaGreg
10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Other board has a "report" by Bruce Lockhart, doesn't mention anything about poachers, snaggers, DFG, garbage, etc.

CRABBY
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Other board has a "report" by Bruce Lockhart, doesn't mention anything about poachers, snaggers, DFG, garbage, etc.Went an read it,thanks for the info,unfortunately they aren't asking the Q's we are an the e mail sent to there member does not address anything,as I mentioned before I am not a fan of this lake nor of following the plant truck,I'm not sure if this bruce lockhart is an owner or what but the message is or appears to be the typical canned report you would expect,but all that being said, you guys follow your desires,fish it an have fun,I wish I could be there an I might ya never know,but not to fish but to take pics,lots an lots of pics,just to see for myself about the habits of the people who fish there,of course I will get cf #s etc,etc,an relay all to the appropriate authorities.It appears that the plant will go as scheduled due to the successful test plant earlier an is supposed to happen this week??:) We will see,might be some real happy fisherpeople this weekend.Post up with your trophys everybody.Don

dinos marine
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020544.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020542.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020543.jpg

i sent these to dfg. i called later and they said "they were working on it" this is amador last year. yeah, no one gives a crap about the illegal activity. i even went into the store, showed them the pictures, and they didnt care either. too bad really. dont they know snaggers/netters are taking their profits??

gatorbait
10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
i sent these to dfg. i called later and they said "they were working on it" this is amador last year. yeah, no one gives a crap about the illegal activity. i even went into the store, showed them the pictures, and they didnt care either. too bad really. dont they know snaggers/netters are taking their profits??

Problem is that this lake is a Pay-to-Play lake and DFG is understaffed. With the amount of traffic this lake gets it'll always be a problem. I've seen Bruce yell at these people but they will just wait till he's gone and it's back to the same ole snag game.

To resolve this problem, I'd put a couple lookout houses with tinted windows so no one can see who's in them. Paint them all fancy with Amador Fish Police in huge letters. Than every once in a while have the DFG warden sit in one. In a couple months them snaggers will be finding another lake to fish!
(Amador Staff, if you read this you owe me!) LOL

CRABBY
10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020544.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020542.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dkonrai/amador/P1020543.jpg

i sent these to dfg. i called later and they said "they were working on it" this is amador last year. yeah, no one gives a crap about the illegal activity. i even went into the store, showed them the pictures, and they didnt care either. too bad really. dont they know snaggers/netters are taking their profits??I remember those,some of the best,I have a Idea that may help,once I sort out the pros an cons AN clear it with Cal,I'll put it up.Don

gatorbait
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
These are early morning shad balls which normally appear during this time of year. Them Amador bass are usually feeding on them but Amabows will also go after these guys so don't forget them rapalas opening week or better yet the week after when temps are cooler! By the way, if you go after them schooling bass chasing shad on the surface. (LC Sammy in American Shad or Blue Back Herring work great.) Nice pic Mark:vrolijk_26:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3108/shadu.jpg
Here's an Amabow green trout using LC American Shad while chasing them shad pods.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2047/sammyt.jpg

Captn ofthe Crest
10-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Problem is that this lake is a Pay-to-Play lake and DFG is understaffed.

I believe DFG has to stock a location in order to issue tickets...? I highly doubt DFG put fish in that lake last year given the condition it was in. Amador did not do anything becaue they were just fortunate to get $32.00 a piece out of those poachers. Buisness was way down and they took what they could get. I have never seen a warden at Amador. You will see them at Pardee everytime they drop a load.

gatorbait
10-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I believe DFG has to stock a location in order to issue tickets...? I highly doubt DFG put fish in that lake last year given the condition it was in. Amador did not do anything becaue they were just fortunate to get $32.00 a piece out of those poachers. Buisness was way down and they took what they could get. I have never seen a warden at Amador. You will see them at Pardee everytime they drop a load.

Actually DFG did stock Amador with 12" bass food last season but, it was late Spring.
I've seen Mr. Warden several times and I'm sure he will be back this year. Good luck..

Jfitalia
10-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Actually DFG did stock Amador with 12" bass food last season but, it was late Spring.
I've seen Mr. Warden several times and I'm sure he will be back this year. Good luck..

I think it has more to do with relationships... the lockharts mainly the son have terrible people skills and I think that really hurts them. They need to build a relationship with DFG just like pardee has. Even when DFG wasn't stocking pardee they still had wardens out there checking limits and licenses almost daily.

bass fishin
10-13-2010, 03:19 PM

$32 a piece to fish there? is this to park, launch and fish? i went there a few years ago with a buddy (without boat) and it only came out to like 22 or 24 bucks (which is still expensive!!).

B-RAN
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Can't wait for this weekend!!:bananachaga:

PapaGreg
10-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Bassfishin, yes, they charge you for EVERYTHING there, parking, fishing, and whatever else they can rape you for!!!!!!!!

CRABBY
10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I believe DFG has to stock a location in order to issue tickets...? I highly doubt DFG put fish in that lake last year given the condition it was in. Amador did not do anything becaue they were just fortunate to get $32.00 a piece out of those poachers. Buisness was way down and they took what they could get. I have never seen a warden at Amador. You will see them at Pardee everytime they drop a load.DFG can ticket you in your own pond,if you fish in Ca.you are required to follow their rules,whether they stock it or not.Don

gatorbait
10-13-2010, 08:14 PM
DFG can ticket you in your own pond,if you fish in Ca.you are required to follow their rules,whether they stock it or not.Don

Hey Smogguy,
No fishing license required when fishing Parkways Pay-to-Play in San Jose. I always
wonder how they get away with this?
Parkway Lake (http://www.parkwaylake.com/)

flytier
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
The "poachers" are the ones taking our money for plants that never happen and/or are a fraction of the size that they claim they will be :(

I'd never go there again based on what the owners say might happen - instead I'll wait until I see lots of stringer pictures appearing on here again.

Even if they REALLY DO plant it again it will take several good sized plants to get it all stoked up again.

So.... I'll be waiting and watching meanwhile....

But if you have the money to burn and you don't mind a skunking then I say - go fer it!

gatorbait
10-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Flytier,
Don't forget about that secret Amabow weapon! (Trout Chow on a stick):naughty:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5514/ptcf.jpg

Sacfisher321
10-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Flytier,
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5514/ptcf.jpg

Where do you get the pellets??

flytier
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Flytier,

Yes, I'm sure that your pellet fly would work NP - but only if there are actually some planted fish in there to see it.

Me - I want to see it REALLY being planted like it used to be 2 and 3 years ago - this is shaping up to be like last year so far with lot's of "they'll be in there" kind of stuff coming from the store.

So... now I want photo evidence of that or my $ stay in my wallet!

Captn ofthe Crest
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
They should be doing another test plant today...water temps are just at 70 and these fish are raised in 50 degree temps...should be interesting.

gatorbait
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
So they released 5,000 lbs this morning.
Here are some pics..
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6770/amaday1.jpg
Couple 4 lbers cruising the dam area. There gills were pumping pretty fast but they were
swimming OK.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5819/amaday1fish.jpg

dinos marine
10-14-2010, 12:47 PM
nice to see the lake has water. thanks for thepictures

flytier
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
So they released 5,000 lbs this morning.
Here are some pics..

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5819/amaday1fish.jpg

Yes, and I see that they are using the same scales that they used last year

5000lbs = 2 fish !!! :cyclop4lf:

Jfitalia
10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, and I see that they are using the same scales that they used last year

5000lbs = 2 fish !!! :cyclop4lf:

I'm sure I'm gonna get in trouble for this but since you truly hate this lake so much why don't you stop reading the thread and posting negative comments. I'm pretty sure if you saw all these pics of people limiting out then you would be there fishing. Which is kind of the same thing as a bandwagon fan in sports... you hate the team when there losing but when they make the playoffs your a huge fan...

CRABBY
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm sure I'm gonna get in trouble for this but since you truly hate this lake so much why don't you stop reading the thread and posting negative comments. I'm pretty sure if you saw all these pics of people limiting out then you would be there fishing. Which is kind of the same thing as a bandwagon fan in sports... you hate the team when there losing but when they make the playoffs your a huge fan...Your always in trouble.:teaseku9:...........BUT you make a good point,flytier please stop your negative posts, they are getting old an you are becoming somewhat disruptive to the thread,thanks Don

Jfitalia
10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Your always in trouble.:teaseku9:...........BUT you make a good point,flytier please stop your negative posts, they are getting old an you are becoming somewhat disruptive to the thread,thanks Don

Ha you know me all to well.

flytier
10-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm sure I'm gonna get in trouble for this but since you truly hate this lake so much why don't you stop reading the thread and posting negative comments. I'm pretty sure if you saw all these pics of people limiting out then you would be there fishing. Which is kind of the same thing as a bandwagon fan in sports... you hate the team when there losing but when they make the playoffs your a huge fan...

Scuse me - I love the lake. I'm hoping to shame the owners into planting like they used to!!! Sorry - but they take my hard earned cash and do not come clean about their plants (or lack thereof). I believe your issue should be with them.

gatorbait
10-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll be up at the lake Saturday to give you guys an honest report.

EarlyFish
10-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I'll be up at the lake Saturday to give you guys an honest report.
sounds great. tell me how it goes and i will be there the following day to greet u

Jfitalia
10-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Scuse me - I love the lake. I'm hoping to shame the owners into planting like they used to!!! Sorry - but they take my hard earned cash and do not come clean about their plants (or lack thereof). I believe your issue should be with them.

Well I'm sure by now everyone knows you don't believe the owners and the owners aren't reading this so your not helping anything. So instead of negative comments just sit back, relax, read the posts. Then when you see the good posts you can go fish it.

flytier
10-15-2010, 06:59 AM
So instead of negative comments just sit back, relax, read the posts.

Thank you again but I'm perfectly relaxed and nothing would please me more than to hear that it is back to its old self. That's exactly why I will be following this thread.

But again, I'll let others do the testing as I wasted far too many $$$ on it last year. Last year I also saw the many disappointed faces around the lake of those who shared my sense of being cheated. Very sad!

It was clear (at least to those who really knew how to fish) that they just weren't in there as they had been telling us.

Jfitalia
10-15-2010, 07:41 AM
I do think the water is still to warm for the bite to go off. Hopefully the rain next week will help

EarlyFish
10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
I do think the water is still to warm for the bite to go off. Hopefully the rain next week will help
Yes, I pray for rain next week, it should pick up for trout and salmon.

CRABBY
10-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Thank you again but I'm perfectly relaxed and nothing would please me more than to hear that it is back to its old self. That's exactly why I will be following this thread.

But again, I'll let others do the testing as I wasted far too many $$$ on it last year. Last year I also saw the many disappointed faces around the lake of those who shared my sense of being cheated. Very sad!

It was clear (at least to those who really knew how to fish) that they just weren't in there as they had been telling us.Flytier,trust me I feel for ya,I only singled you out cus of so much negativity,we want to believe an hope that the owners will do the right thing this year,clean the place up an put the fish in they are claiming to put in,an enforce some rules,however it is probably to soon to pass judgement right now,as you, I at one time loved that lake but after looking last year I will pass,Pardee may not hold the big fish but the management has/is doing an awesome job of maintaining it,it's family friendly,clean an the rules are enforced fairly,an it's way cheaper,the ramps are awesome,an drunks,thieves,etc are dealt with quickly.So lets all just wait before passing judgement on amador,maybe the owners do read this board an care about the lake,I don't know,we will see,until then please keep all are posts clean an on a positive note.And for you posters who are comparing our posts/views to another board an belittle the sniffer,please stop,I kind of thought we were past all this childish behavior,guess not.Don

Jfitalia
10-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Flytier,trust me I feel for ya,I only singled you out cus of so much negativity,we want to believe an hope that the owners will do the right thing this year,clean the place up an put the fish in they are claiming to put in,an enforce some rules,however it is probably to soon to pass judgement right now,as you, I at one time loved that lake but after looking last year I will pass,Pardee may not hold the big fish but the management has/is doing an awesome job of maintaining it,it's family friendly,clean an the rules are enforced fairly,an it's way cheaper,the ramps are awesome,an drunks,thieves,etc are dealt with quickly.So lets all just wait before passing judgement on amador,maybe the owners do read this board an care about the lake,I don't know,we will see,until then please keep all are posts clean an on a positive note.And for you posters who are comparing our posts/views to another board an belittle the sniffer,please stop ,I kind of thought we were past all this childish behavior,guess not.Don

Thats right lay the hammer down on those double dippers! Haha

CRESTLINER 08
10-15-2010, 06:12 PM
i fished amador 2x last year for 1 skunk and one fish,there was 4 times more trash and snaggers than fish .two years ago it was off the hook with,hard fighting and leader snapin cutbows ,all over 4lbs !!! this year i will fish the opener and thats about it .hopein to catch 2 of them pink meat cutbows and i"ll be good .:trout::trout: yum , yum !!! good luck to all on your outtinzs to amador

B-RAN
10-16-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm hoping sunday I'll be able to give the ole amador a whirl

Marinpaul
10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Mariahpup and I went yesterday from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. We saw some nice fish in the water, but we didn't get a single bite after trying all kinds of bait/lures/depths from shore. And we didn't see anybody else get a bite or fish from shore, boat or tube. I suspect the water temps are just too high, but maybe it will be different today. Best of luck this weekend and let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Paul

paokhang
10-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Anybody tried fishing at night yet? Prehaps by the dock under the lights? How's that going if you don't mind me asking.

FISHNJIM
10-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Any boaters or troller pull in a trount yet??

Jfitalia
10-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Any boaters or troller pull in a trount yet??

I truly feel the water needs to drop to the 60's for the bite to get going

CRABBY
10-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I truly feel the water needs to drop to the 60's for the bite to get going++++ 1,Give it time guys an we will see!....Don

Etray
10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Me my dad and my buddy went out today got 3 bites all day trolling nothing stuck though. Got back to the ramp and saw 2 guys snagging fish reported it to the guy that was patroling and he said they were really going to crack down on that stuff hard this year and he knew who i was talking about he thought he had saw the same thing so he went to walk the shores looking for them with some type of note pad we will see if any thing changes though. And the water level was the best i have seen it at this time of year.

B-RAN
10-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Sooo I'm guessing that their gunna start planting every week now??

CoorsLIGHT
10-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Sooo I'm guessing that their gunna start planting every week now??

Yea right, like last year! Only time will tell..... :hypnodisk:

luvashy
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
I just barely got back today and I didn't see anyone catch anything. I thought the cloudy weather would definitely turn them on but I guess it didnt. Soaked powerbait for six hours and nada. I did see the two guys that you guys been talking about though. Funny!

mark33
10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
My son and I went to Amador yesterday as well hoping that a late afternoon bite with the rain and cooler weather would turn on the fish, but it was not to be. There were a few fish swimming around and some fish jumping, but the water temps seemed to be too warm. The surface temp was 70 degrees.

I was told they are going to plant again on Tuesday, but like others have said, time will tell.

Mr_Clean1979
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I too went to amador on sat with a couple of friends and trolled up until 2:00 using everything we could think of. We had no hits but saw plenty of big sized trout. I do agree that i believe the water is just a little too warm and once it cools down to about 68 the bite will start. I saw plenty of fisherman there with the same feedback. I am staying positive even though we were skunked because i do believe once the bite starts it should be a much better year.

flytier
10-19-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm of the opinion that some of this "snagging" behavior could be a symptom of the really bad fishing.

When people have to pay a lot of money to fish somewhere and then they are then faced with catching nothing (perhaps repeatedly in some cases) then I think that a few of them may give in to the temptation of trying to snag one - especially if they see a pod of confused planters swimming around and around in front of them (not something that ever happens with wild trout).

I'm not condoning snagging at all but I am wondering if the same folks would be snagging any fish if they were hooking fish legally.

I don't remember seeing much snagging back in the days when the fishing at Amador was good.

CoorsLIGHT
10-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm of the opinion that some of this "snagging" behavior could be a symptom of the really bad fishing.

I don't remember seeing much snagging back in the days when the fishing at Amador was good.

Yea, when they actually planted what they said they did.....:smiley_crazy:

gatorbait
10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not condoning snagging at all but I am wondering if the same folks would be snagging any fish if they were hooking fish legally.

Seen enough of this crap on the Feather and American while Salmon fishing. My theory
is, "when fishing is slow and they are swimming in front of you, snaggers just can't hold back".
I figure most of these guys don't fish much. my .02

Etray
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
The guys i saw snagging just pulled up got out of there truck and started trying to snag fish so they aren't even trying to catch them legally.

Legalbeagle
10-19-2010, 02:41 PM
:smiley_crazy:

When people have to pay a lot of money to fish somewhere and then they are then faced with catching nothing (perhaps repeatedly in some cases) then I think that a few of them may give in to the temptation of trying to snag one - especially if they see a pod of confused planters swimming around and around in front of them (not something that ever happens with wild trout).

That's because if they don't bring home dinner, their fat and psychopathic wives will thrash them within inches of their lives:help::nunu5pn:. I kind of feel sorry for the poor Neanderthals:smiley_crazy:.

Plug-n-Jug
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
:smiley_crazy:

That's because if they don't bring home dinner, their fat and psychopathic wives will thrash them within inches of their lives:help::nunu5pn:. I kind of feel sorry for the poor Neanderthals:smiley_crazy:.

Some ones a Floyd fan

gatorbait
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Today's plant... It looked pretty slow.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4109/ama4.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8532/ama5x.jpg

CRABBY
10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Gator,3000 #s this week an a total of 8000 #s so far,Wow that's a lot of fish,whats going on?Still no action,some people are seeing a few but not many,they gotta be somewhere,other boards show a few coming in but no limits,even Collins lake is puttin out now,shad are out an the trout are coming up to get them,lotta limits an not many people fishing,an the new big plants will start soon,think I'll ck.em out an start a sticky on Collins,see where the fish are coming from an what size.Don

Easy Limit
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Lake Amador this fall......One Line will be a Dodger Grub and the other will be a rapalla.......

gatorbait
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Was up at the dam around 2:30 today. It still looked pretty slow but one guy said that people were hooking up early morning.

Mr_Clean1979
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Any one have an updated water temp?

Etray
10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm goin tommorow with my dad and my cousin hoping to get him a couple fish before he goes back to afganistan. Will post when we get back.

CoorsLIGHT
10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I donít know about the rest of you but this lake seems to have been going threw some finical times; I started fishing this lake since 2001 and entered the fish derbies. I got 1 tag in 2004 after that year Bob said he was no longer having trout fish derby, after looking back that was the first sign, then the cafť started closing down at random times during the weekday (witch I could understand) and then it was closed on the weekends during there busy times of fishingÖ. That there was the writing on the wall, we should have known but it took till last year (2010) of too many skunks, and lies about the amount (3,000-5,000 lb) of fish they were dumping in the lake. I myself along with many others contributed to this lake with the same expatiations of a possible limit.

If this year is anything like last year I believe the Lockhart family will have even worse finical times ahead of them.

What are your thoughts?:kermit:

GOLDBRIX
10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I went to the lake at least 10 times last year an never got skunked. I only fish off the bank and I call before I go to make sure they planted. They usually plant on a week day usually tues-thurs. The worst I ever did was only two trout in one day. I love this lake and can't wait to get out there and post some pics. Soooo many negative Nancys on the blog. SmogGuy needs to start a post where men can go to cry about not catching anything. Try and keep this blog a positive one so we can help eachother out. I'll give you guys my tips when I make it out there. Good luck everyone.

EarlyFish
10-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I went to the lake at least 10 times last year an never got skunked. I only fish off the bank and I call before I go to make sure they planted. They usually plant on a week day usually tues-thurs. The worst I ever did was only two trout in one day. I love this lake and can't wait to get out there and post some pics. Soooo many negative Nancys on the blog. SmogGuy needs to start a post where men can go to cry about not catching anything. Try and keep this blog a positive one so we can help eachother out. I'll give you guys my tips when I make it out there. Good luck everyone.
Does freedom of expression counts?

Jfitalia
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM

I agree with you as well. I caught fish every time last year to. I think the problem is that people don't wanna work for their fish. I put in the time and changed my tactics and did fine from shore.

GOLDBRIX
10-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Thx Earlyfish. I guess will just have to start fishing it so they can no longer cry/complain about it being Amador's fault.

Easy Limit
10-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Well Day started out about 0930 and there were few boats and maybe a dozen shoreline fisherman. We trolled 5-6 hours and used just about every lure I had in the boat....No Fish..even better Fish were jumping all over the lake and we saw tons of shad schools and big trailers and no fish. After loading the boat up on the trailer a couple next to the ramp had a half dozen fish on a stringer caught right off the dock area...white panfish jigs was the key....Well maybe next week.....easy limit

EarlyFish
10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Well Day started out about 0930 and there were few boats and maybe a dozen shoreline fisherman. We trolled 5-6 hours and used just about every lure I had in the boat....No Fish..even better Fish were jumping all over the lake and we saw tons of shad schools and big trailers and no fish. After loading the boat up on the trailer a couple next to the ramp had a half dozen fish on a stringer caught right off the dock area...white panfish jigs was the key....Well maybe next week.....easy limit

Awesome report. I'm getting very impatient, so I will make time to go out there next week!

dogfish
10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
when the parking lot is full . is it bumper to bumper trolling out there ? there is only so much lake there.and how easy is it to stay off other peoples lines?

CRABBY
10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
:rotfl::rotfl:
Thx Earlyfish. I guess will just have to start fishing it so they can no longer cry/complain about it being Amador's fault.:rotfl2::rotfl2:......Start a crybaby/whiner thread,that would be a inovative idea.Unfortunately it would overload the entire board.All kidding aside guys,I feel the fish are there,weather the plant #s are right or wrong,they are planting some fish,it's up to you to figure out how to catch em,if you can't OH WELL,I hear the same stuff about Collins lake where I live an I know the fish are there,we had a Sniffer Fest this year an many of us did poorly,others did well(Fishbucket) my fishfinder at times lit up like Las Vegas an yet not many bites,I DIDN'T FIGUAR IT OUT,others did somewhat,still it was slow,IMO if some of you can't catch fish without following the planter truck around you need to go play golf or something,I myself will not follow the planter truck,it just doesn't get me excited,it's not fishing IMHO,it usually takes no skill an certainly warrants no bragging rights regardless of the size of the fish,At least give the fish time to adjust an have a fighting chance before you snag em an claim victory on a great catch due to your fishing expertize,my complaints on amador are not due to the lack of fish an have already been stated,so my advice is learn how to fish,switch up often,lures,dodgers,bait,speed,area,time of day,an keep at it until YOU find what works for hard to catch fish,then you will enjoy the real benefits of fishing.JMHO as always of course,an yes I practice what I preach an get skunked now an then,reason is I DIDN'T FIGURE IT OUT...............Don

gatorbait
10-22-2010, 08:23 PM
After loading the boat up on the trailer a couple next to the ramp had a half dozen fish on a stringer caught right off the dock area...white panfish jigs was the key....Well maybe next week.....easy limit
So that was all the commotion on them docks. I saw a good number of people fishing near
the shallow end of the docks. Hmm

Easy Limit
10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
So that was all the commotion on them docks. I saw a good number of people fishing near
the shallow end of the docks. Hmm

Ya there were a few people fishing right off the launch ramp using white panfish jigs... they had half dozen or so nice fish.....u can see 50 fish swiming around the dock and they would not bite....darn fish...but i guess thats why they call it fishing and not catching....the fish had not changed from hatchery feeding to wild feeding thats y they are not hungry yet.. give it a week it will get better.......

lunkertrout510
10-23-2010, 09:17 AM
i was just wondering how the water levels are at amador? thanks guys

dogfish
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
i thought i had a reasonably decent question! know what i mean? if you got 50 boats out there and everybodys toplining 80 feet back. does everyone just follow everyone around in a circle? am i just thinking about some thing thats a non issue?

CRABBY
10-23-2010, 02:40 PM
i thought i had a reasonably decent question! know what i mean? if you got 50 boats out there and everybodys toplining 80 feet back. does everyone just follow everyone around in a circle? am i just thinking about some thing thats a non issue?As with all lakes you will need to see what the others are doing,some will just follow the pack an others like me will find there own fish an troll accordingly an not interfere with the other pack fishermen,EVEN if it means no fish for me,just remember not to get in the way an cut other people off an make yourself a nuisance by messing up the established pattern,also be aware that many times they are just following the leader an don't have a clue as to where to go or what to do,so to answer your Q point blank,think for yourself an don't go in circles with the pack,find the fish an do your own thing an hope they don't notice you.Don

EarlyFish
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Does anybody know the water temperature now? With all this rain, I'm hoping it drop to mid 60s.

Easy Limit
10-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Does anybody know the water temperature now? With all this rain, I'm hoping it drop to mid 60s.
It was 69/70 when I was there 2 days ago....

Etray
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I give it one more week before it turns on. But only if the weather stays like it is. Can't wait.

Jfitalia
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I give it one more week before it turns on. But only if the weather stays like it is. Can't wait.

There already biting! Got a buddy who's done well on both his trips last week

CrappieJed
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
There already biting! Got a buddy who's done well on both his trips last week
Hey Jfitalia your friend catching the cutbows...how have ya been haven't heard from the fishniffers Iron man...you diggin those Giants?

Jfitalia
10-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Hey Jfitalia your friend catching the cutbows...how have ya been haven't heard from the fishniffers Iron man...you diggin those Giants?

Hey what's going on man!!! Im loving my Giants! Yeah my buddy has been getting them but did state that He's getting a ton of hits but is only landing 3-4. They are chasing the shad schools so thats what he is focusing on.

Ive been super busy with work so havent had as many chances to get online but I have seen your crappie and panfish posts! Dude those things are nuts!! How ya been?

CrappieJed
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey what's going on man!!! Im loving my Giants! Yeah my buddy has been getting them but did state that He's getting a ton of hits but is only landing 3-4. They are chasing the shad schools so thats what he is focusing on.

Ive been super busy with work so havent had as many chances to get online but I have seen your crappie and panfish posts! Dude those things are nuts!! How ya been?
Been well...livin lovin and fishin...the rain is filling our lakes and im very happy...walked out yesterday during the pour down and picked 1/2 pound of monster nightcrawlers, that always saves money...lol

CoorsLIGHT
10-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Its been a few days since any activity.... Any GOOD reports, is the Resturant open on the weekends? or should we go in to town to Frans hamburger joint to get something to eat :huh:

Jfitalia
10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Its been a few days since any activity.... Any GOOD reports, is the Resturant open on the weekends? or should we go in to town to Frans hamburger joint to get something to eat :huh:

i would say always go to frans burgers cause its the best!!! I will be hitting the lake next week so I will report then

gatorbait
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't believe 2 weeks into the plant and not a single Amabow pic? What the...:mind-blowing:

PinoyFisher209
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
i plan on going on saturday. ill report either way how it goes

EarlyFish
10-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Are the numbers for the stockings accurate? Or is it just there to catch fishermen?

Jfitalia
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Are the numbers for the stockings accurate? Or is it just there to catch fishermen?

They are accurate! Its just the boaters aren't getting them yet.

CoorsLIGHT
10-28-2010, 06:47 PM

Amen brother :dancingorange:

Jfitalia
10-28-2010, 08:10 PM
You have to downsize and slow it down. My buddies are getting them on our usual shore stuff

B-RAN
10-29-2010, 01:03 PM
People just shouldn't depend on word! Find out for yourselves! I know I will soon!:p

EarlyFish
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
People just shouldn't depend on word! Find out for yourselves! I know I will soon!:p
Then I guess I will wait for your words!! :tongue:

Jfitalia
10-29-2010, 03:35 PM

Haha well not everyone is going to post there catch!

gatorbait
10-29-2010, 06:08 PM
They planted another 3000 on Tuesday which brings the total to 11,000.
Plenty of fish cruising around but from what I saw, it still looked slow..

PinoyFisher209
10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Just got back from Amador. Had a Great and productive day! I caught 1 4lber, lost a bigger one (broke my line), and missed a few bites. My sister and her boyfriend also caught one each. My sisters being 4lbs also and her BF being 5lbs! It took all day but i had fun we all missed more bites also. Its still extremely slow but it seems like almost everyone around caught at least 1. So maybe its getting better. Also Pictures coming later gotta head out

B-RAN
10-30-2010, 06:53 PM

Haha Alright I'll let you know how I do when I get back tomorrow;)

Etray
10-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Went out today and got limits for 3 of us drifting power bait. we started at sunrise by the dam for 2 and then fished from the jackson creek arm all the way around the lake stayed with in 10-15 feet of the shore it has turned on since the last time we were there. going back tommorow report back.

StrikeFighter
10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the report. Iím anxious to give it a try again..
Its been a while since I was there..Video of some trips there

http://www.youtube.com/user/salmonvivor?ob=1#p/u/16/dRClB4RlwNE

http://www.youtube.com/user/salmonvivor?ob=1#p/u/24/aqfX1mPPiYI

http://www.youtube.com/user/salmonvivor?ob=1#p/u/29/McWqnmwG56Y

FISHNJIM
10-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey Etray!

How are you drifting for those bad boyz? Split shot and some power bait, floating near the edges?

FISHNJIM

Etray
10-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Yes we use small split shots on a treble hook going right over the ledges.

FISHNJIM
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow... never tried that there?? How do you keep from moving to fast? Or getting pushed up on the edges?

FISHNJIM

yonnr2000
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Late report. I went on Saturday with my brother and got a nice drag pulling hook up in the middle of doney bay on a pearl white grub and chartuese power egg. That was the only action of the day for us on the trout. Tried the grubs all over the lake, switched to rapalas, and finally beached our boat and tried fly lined night crawlers, kast masters and power bait with no love. We did see a lot of fish and some bank anglers catching fish. The people I talked to caught fish with lures (kastmasters, rapalas, crappie jigs, and rooster tails). The trout wanted nothing to do with my bait. I watched many trout snub their nose at my flylined night crawlers, power bait dough and eggs. I did catch a lot of bluegill and undersized bass with the night crawlers. Lots of trout cruising the edges of the lake but it doesn't look like they are interested in biting yet. Water temp was 65.5 F which was quite warm. I think the bite will really turn on when the water temps drop into the mid 50's.

B-RAN
11-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Sorry about the lateness but I was out at amador yesterday in the early A.M. .. Saw them jumping EVERYWHERE!! But not muuch action at all exept in the early morning. I lost about a 3lbr and my buddie lost about a 6 lbr. We were fishing from the bank by the way.. Its fine, Still a little bit early in the season and we need just a little bit more cooler weather too.. Sorry guys! I Thought I'd actually have pics to show!

FISHNJIM
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Lets see some pics!!

FISHNJIM

PinoyFisher209
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
here are the late pictures i promised
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4647.jpg
The one i caught seem to be a different kind, maybe a donaldson?

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4648.jpg
My sisters and her BF

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4652.jpg
Me and my Sisters 4.5lbers

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4653.jpg
Sisters' BF 5.5lber

Next time ill take pictures there...not in my kitchen lol

CRABBY
11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Great pics Pinoy,the kitchen works just find,I think this makes for the first pics here for this Amador thread,congrats.Don

EarlyFish
11-02-2010, 12:57 AM
here are the late pictures i promised
http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4647.jpg
The one i caught seem to be a different kind, maybe a donaldson?

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4648.jpg
My sisters and her BF

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4652.jpg
Me and my Sisters 4.5lbers

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Pnoyfisher7620/DSCF4653.jpg
Sisters' BF 5.5lber

Next time ill take pictures there...not in my kitchen lol

Finally!! Some successful stories with pics! Awesome report and thanks for the pics. Did you guys use lures or powerbaits?

FISHNJIM
11-02-2010, 01:44 AM
HEY EARLYFISH..

Looking to try your drift fishing method out a little this week. Any last minute pointers?

FISHNJIM

FISHNJIM
11-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Sorry! I meant etray..

Etray
11-02-2010, 05:46 AM
We use drift socks so we dnt drift fast and keep your trolling motor running just in case you get pushed to close to the shore. You can put a cork bobber 2 to 3 feet above the hook. And good luck

FISHNJIM
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the info!

FISHNJIM

PinoyFisher209
11-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I was using lures. But everyone around us was hooking up on Powerbait. I was using powerbait also but they wouldn't take mine. The people around us was using powerbait with a bobber so i think they liked it on top. Also saw a couple people catch some with nightcrawlers under a bobber. Most of the action was on the dam.

EarlyFish
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
HEY EARLYFISH..

Looking to try your drift fishing method out a little this week. Any last minute pointers?

FISHNJIM
LOL made me feel special for a second there.:party:

EarlyFish
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I was using lures. But everyone around us was hooking up on Powerbait. I was using powerbait also but they wouldn't take mine. The people around us was using powerbait with a bobber so i think they liked it on top. Also saw a couple people catch some with nightcrawlers under a bobber. Most of the action was on the dam.
Thanks for the heads up PinoyFisher. I will go when the water temp hits 60 degree.

EGs_finest
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Went out yesterday with a couple of my buddies in the boat. we trolled for 2 hours and we didnt even get a hit. So we decided to find some schools and cast at them. We ended up with only two fish the biggest fish weighed 8.67lbs they were caught on silver and blue humdingers.VERY SLOW fishing out there.:boring:

fishnagain
11-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Sorry for my ignorance here, but where do I find the latest Amador information. Most of these post are years and months old??

Jfitalia
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Sorry for my ignorance here, but where do I find the latest Amador information. Most of these post are years and months old??

I'm not sure what your reading but this thread was just made and these reports are from like yesterday and the day before

Sacfisher321
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM

I think you are looking at the person's "Join Date"

FISHIN_BUDDY
11-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I think you are looking at the person's "Join Date"

LMAO... thats awesome! im going to give it a try this thursday

Jfitalia
11-03-2010, 03:11 PM
LMAO... thats awesome! im going to give it a try this thursday

I was going to ad well but with the weather hitting 80 tomorrow I'll be launching my toon at the camanche pond instead

Bigg A
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I was going to ad well but with the weather hitting 80 tomorrow I'll be launching my toon at the camanche pond instead

Good luck out there J..... I'm still chasing salmon but will get up there after the season is over.

Easy Limit
11-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Well Wed. Nov 3rd trip to amador started around 630 am and we trolled till 2pm, from carson creek to the face of the dam. We used everything from a white grub, kastmaster, needlefish, rapallas and even worms all by themselves. We used probably 15 different setups from surface to 50 feet. NOT ONE BITE....We only saw 2 fish caught, The first by a older guy in a boat trolling the northside of the dam and then HOGHUNTER kooked a large 7.5 lber and that was the day...Beautiful day; low 70'S no wind and not a cloud in the sky.....Again the fish were active on the water almost running into the boat practicaly. So I have been to amador 3 times in the last week and a half abot ready to give up......Maybe back to melones and collins for me....:shocked:

gatorbait
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Went to check out action along the dam, so far it's a repeat of last year..
Very slow.... I'd wait till them temps drop.

PinoyFisher209
11-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Extremely slow Saturday. I didn't get one bite and I only saw 1 fish caught, saw 2 LDRs, but it must have been the weather.

Bloodthirsty
11-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Went yesterday.....tried everything....for zero. Lots of fish jumping and on top. They must have just planted...fish are not biting right now...dont waste your money.

Big Game
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Saturday 11/6 - Took a Buddy, The Silverado with 2 Float tubes, flyrods and an emergency Shmiano Spinning (with 4lb) Reel and 2 pc Ugly Stick rod with an arsenal of flies and my All - Star selection of lures. Dispite the hype and supposed 14,000 lbs of Rainbow Trout planted there in the last 30 days - not ONE ounce of those 14,000 lbs ended up on the end of my line. Actually, if I calculate this right there is a 13,982 lb Trout out there somewhere as I saw about 6 fish caught ALL DAY. Troutoholic gave me some great tips on the flies to use but even with that card up my sleeve - it was slow. I think it was this crappy litte front blowin' in that put the ki-bash on my parade. Even so, it was a great sunny Saturday and I got lots of exercise kickin' around in that float tube and I got to see one of the funniest things I have ever seen while fishin'. There was a dude on the dam that was throwing a giant RAT like lure ( I thought it was his Bath Towel) and it would make a "Ker-Splat" when it hit the water and cause a wake that would hit my tube. What the Hell was HE fishin' for? I havent seen a MARLIN in lake Amador in at least 5 years!!! Seriously, I think good fishing here is only a few weeks off. Tight Lines. Big Game

SDBASSIN
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I believe he might have been throwing some type of Swimbait for lunker Bass, Now that i think about it that sounds like a good idea. Maybe thats where all the trout are at. in a Bass's stomach

Jfitalia
11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I believe he might have been throwing some type of Swimbait for lunker Bass, Now that i think about it that sounds like a good idea. Maybe thats where all the trout are at. in a Bass's stomach

Well it's possible that could be it however most trout I've seen have been over 3lbs. So that means they need to have a bunch of 15 pounders swimming around

FISHIN_BUDDY
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I went out thursday into friday. Went home with four trout, up to 4#ers. Should have been five. I fell asleep to wake up to my pole doubled over, jerking up and down, my drag silent, I think humm I think that is a fish. Just as I pick up my pole I feel the weight then Bam loose slack, 6# line gave out. nice rookie mistake.

Still a nice night out. Same set up as last season. pb under a bobber. Tried trolling rapalas, grubs, worms and tried jigging all for nothing. In-fact the further away from the dam the less fish were visible.
I think the water temps are still high (66.2deg average) and too little fish (14,000# total plant minus 1500 gal of water transferred from the pen to the main lake, equal approx 142 actual fish planted) lol

just my analogy and .02

hoghunter3
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
It does appear to be starting like last year. I've been out a couple times in the last few weeks and it has been very slow. In 2 full days trolling I've only managed a total of 3 fish, the largest as reported by Easy Limit was 7.5 pounds

Hopefully lower water temps will help. I plan to give it another go on Wednesday.

EarlyFish
11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I think the water temps are still high (66.2deg average) and too little fish (14,000# total plant minus 1500 gal of water transferred from the pen to the main lake, equal approx 142 actual fish planted) lol

just my analogy and .02
When a truck carries 1,000 lbs of stocking trouts, is the 1,000 pound refer to the water & fish, or just the fish by themselves? Just something I never really thought about until Fishin_B mention it.

Jfitalia
11-08-2010, 08:13 PM
When a truck carries 1,000 lbs of stocking trouts, is the 1,000 pound refer to the water & fish, or just the fish by themselves? Just something I never really thought about until Fishin_B mention it.

Its the fish not the water. I love everyone talking about how the bite sucks. Lets remember you all are fishing water that's dam near 70 degrees and the fish are raised in 55 degree water. There in major shock and lethargic

CRABBY
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
When a truck carries 1,000 lbs of stocking trouts, is the 1,000 pound refer to the water & fish, or just the fish by themselves? Just something I never really thought about until Fishin_B mention it.Nope,the water doesn't count,but the size of the fish do,lets take your 1000# plant,if it was a trophy plant an ea.fish was 9 to 14#s that wouldn't be very many fish in a lake,less than a 100 an when they spread out thru the lake it could still look pretty thin,take that same 1000# plant an make all the fish 1/2# to 1# an boom ya got a ton of fish all over(Average DFG planters)makes for easy catching an no skunks,something to think about,you can work the #s any way you want,the poundage is misleading kind of,it would be nice to see a plant that stated 500 10+# trout planted today,of course you probably never will.Don

Big Game
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Guys,

Keep in mind it's Lake Amador, not Lake SHASTA we're talking about. It's just a matter of
tick...tick...tick...TIME and the % of Trout taken will rise. Tight Lines, Big Game

sarahsdad
11-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I've been to this lake a few times and was unsuccessful each time; the last was earlier this past Spring. I don't think I'll ever go back. With the effort that is given here by so many, the poor results and the sad condition of the finless fish that come from here as evident from the pictures posted here it's not worth my time and money. This lake is all hype not results.

gatorbait
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
It does appear to be starting like last year. I've been out a couple times in the last few weeks and it has been very slow. In 2 full days trolling I've only managed a total of 3 fish, the largest as reported by Easy Limit was 7.5 pounds

Hopefully lower water temps will help. I plan to give it another go on Wednesday.

I'll wait until Hoghunters hookup ratio goes up!:fishing5xd:

flytier
11-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I take a look at this thread periodically - in a nutshell if I don't see photos of guys holding stringers of big trout I just move on.

Amador (for me at least) died ~2 years ago and I have no intention of being suckered into "trying again" for more of my $$$.

They just aren't planting enough fish folks! Period! It's got nothing to do with weather or water.

robonthefly
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I was just bout to ask , but last time here two years ago it had been alot slower than the year before. Does anyone know what the water temp is here now, and seen any action ..
was debating going to the alps or maybe here if ebbets pass is closed monday am.
Thankyou folks for the help/ I do recipricate. Tight lines to all, fishon to EVERYONE
RoTF --

EarlyFish
11-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Amador (for me at least) died ~2 years ago and I have no intention of being suckered into "trying again" for more of my $$$.

They just aren't planting enough fish folks! Period! It's got nothing to do with weather or water.
Awesome! That just means one less fisherman on the lake to me. LoL j/k :fishing5:

gatorbait
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Awesome! That just means one less fisherman on the lake to me. LoL j/k :fishing5:

Lakes all yours this month, not many people fishing it.:laugh:

CoorsLIGHT
11-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope this isnít a repeat of last year, I will give the lake a chance but I donít think there is much hope,
I also remember somebody saying there was a problem with the trout pins last year.

If that was the situation why in the HELL did they charge us FULL price to throw away a bunch of GOOD power bait???

I am sure somebody has the real info on this lake.... It has to be a matter of time before somebody spills the beans!!! :spongebob:

Fishmeister
11-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I have fished this lake many times and come back empty handed. But when you cat that day when you pick up 15 or 20 fish and the smallest is over 4#'s it is a day you will never forget.

robonthefly
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Anyone know what the temps are not now, but right now at lake amador ? 11-10-2010
tight lines trouters
rob

Uncle Dude
11-11-2010, 09:00 AM
the waters warm. no official temp though.
we were there sunday the 7th standing in the rain. it's not doom and gloom out there yet. fish were cruising close to shore. we saw more fish jumping like in years past. i had 2, bigger one had to be 5#'s. also had a 6# largemouth that took some powerbait. little bro had a nice 7#er and one other. older bro was hooked up a few times but no reward. trollers going by said they weren't catching anything.
imho, this cool weather has got to help the water temp and then the fishing.

gatorbait
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Plenty of fishermen on Amador today. It was about 4:20 PM when this guy hooked
his first fish using a rapala.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8895/amato.jpg

B-RAN
11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Nice:smiley: I gotta make a trip again soon.. I went out there like 2 weeks ago and lost a 4lbr and my friend lost an easy 7lbr.. Seems like I loose more fish here than I catch out there.

luckyraider
11-13-2010, 09:52 PM
All this for a trout with no tail? Heres an idea. Find a place where you only pay with your sweat, a place where there are few fisherman and you dont need cash. Their out there and if you hunt well youll find fish big and small. Leave the no tail fish to the old and weak. :trout:

CrappieJed
11-13-2010, 10:11 PM
All this for a trout with no tail? Heres an idea. Find a place where you only pay with your sweat, a place where there are few fisherman and you dont need cash. Their out there and if you hunt well youll find fish big and small. Leave the no tail fish to the old and weak. :trout:
if your talking about cutbows with no tails they fight better then a rainbow with a tail...just what it is, wish i had a camera when an Eagle grabbed mine and living abortions stringer of fish...what a show that was

gatorbait
11-13-2010, 11:44 PM

Now your talkin... Nothing like chasing them wild browns in them deep river pools! Not many do it but, those who do produce. C&R

CrappieJed
11-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Now your talkin... Nothing like chasing them wild browns in them deep river pools! Not many do it but, those who do produce. C&R
your absolutely right there gatorbait been there done that it is the most ultimate high in fishing....in fact i will be in my favorite brown river pool this spring, C&R

flytier
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
They are accurate!.

So I'm quite curious - how exactly do you know this?

flytier
11-14-2010, 07:03 PM

It's my opinion that the decimal point on their digital scales is broken OR they are weighing the water too.

Jfitalia
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
So I'm quite curious - how exactly do you know this?

Ive been to their ponds and watched them load up. What you have to realize is that these fish are very big this year so 3000lbs is not 3000 fish. I think there are just to many people that don't know how or are not willing to change their techniques. I have not fished it yet but have plenty of friends that are doing just fine out there. If you know how to sight fish and use 2lb test then you'll catch fish right now.

gatorbait
11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Jfitalia,
If you've fished Amador the past 5 or so years than you know how this lake has changed.
A few years ago you'd drive up to the dam and see plenty of action. These forums were full of pics and it was just nuts. Yes, I see some fish caught but nothing like it use to be.
Even with 3,000 lbs a week this lake should be bust'n off by now.

Jfitalia
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Jfitalia,
If you've fished Amador the past 5 or so years than you know how this lake has changed.
A few years ago you'd drive up to the dam and see plenty of action. These forums were full of pics and it was just nuts. Yes, I see some fish caught but nothing like it use to be.
Even with 3,000 lbs a week this lake should be bust'n off by now.

I do agree it should be better but its looking like we may get a better year than in the past. However I do think the average anglers are having issues where as the more advanced are limiting out. I have been fishing this lake since I graduates high school and the lake has declined every year. However last year I read all the daily posts on how bad it was and how no one caught anything yet a had caught a limit that same day.

gatorbait
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
If you guys are getting limits than my hats off to you!:ironworker020aw:

By the way, standing by the release truck Tuesday morning with trout chow does not count!:cheesy:

Jfitalia
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
If you guys are getting limits than my hats off to you!:ironworker020aw:

By the way, standing by the release truck Tuesday morning with trout chow does not count!:cheesy:

Lol good one! Sorry but we have never fished on a stocking day there. we all work Monday through Friday so we usually hit it on the weekend. Got to love how some just assume we fish on the days they stock. :-)

89_invader
11-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I have been reading this thread since it was put on here this year. All of the comments on here seem to be geared towards the actual numbers of fish they are planting. I used to fish this lake when I was a kid and it was alwasy a great place to fish. Alwasy caught fish and never had a problem. Over the last few years it has been harder and harder to catch these fish. I use the "amador" techniques as well and still very little sucess. This lake is a money pit and they charge way to much money to fish here. I say take your money further up the road to camanche trout pond, or even the lake and you will by far have better luck. NOt to mention the fishing access is way better and a lot more kid and family friendly. No steep hills to walk down, or rocks to walk over. And going there after a rain. Better bring some spikes for the mud. All in all, this place is a nice lake to go camping in the summer and do some bass fishing. Not trout. Oh and one more thing. Where are all the "limits" that people say they are catching. And what happened to the guy that took the pictures. I think his name was yakamotto??

gatorbait
11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I think his name was yakamotto??

Yak kind of jumped forums but he's still around. Even Yak is having a hard time taking fish pics. Why? It's fricken slow at Amador.

gatorbait
11-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Motion camera picked this up in Jackson Valley about 1/4 mile from Amador Lake entrance.
Nothing to do with Amabows but thought I'd share.

YouTube - Bobcat during the day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3aNkAWzXak)

CRABBY
11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Motion camera picked this up in Jackson Valley about 1/4 mile from Amador Lake entrance.
Nothing to do with Amabows but thought I'd share.

YouTube - Bobcat during the day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3aNkAWzXak)Beautiful Cat,to bad the camera couldn't pan an follow.Thanks Don

flytier
11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
I have been reading this thread since it was put on here this year. All of the comments on here seem to be geared towards the actual numbers of fish they are planting. I used to fish this lake when I was a kid and it was alwasy a great place to fish. Alwasy caught fish and never had a problem. Over the last few years it has been harder and harder to catch these fish. I use the "amador" techniques as well and still very little sucess. This lake is a money pit and they charge way to much money to fish here. I say take your money further up the road to camanche trout pond, or even the lake and you will by far have better luck. NOt to mention the fishing access is way better and a lot more kid and family friendly. No steep hills to walk down, or rocks to walk over. And going there after a rain. Better bring some spikes for the mud. All in all, this place is a nice lake to go camping in the summer and do some bass fishing. Not trout. Oh and one more thing. Where are all the "limits" that people say they are catching. And what happened to the guy that took the pictures. I think his name was yakamotto??

When people are really catching limits again (at least in any numbers) those nice bragging photos will start appearing on here again - no question about that despite some who say that they'd keep it secret (what a joke - keeping any sign of a return to good fishing at Amador a secret).

But, I really have to wonder now that the major proponent of the place on this thread says he watches them load the fish, hmmmm..... your surname wouldn't be Lockhart would it?

gatorbait
11-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Beautiful Cat,to bad the camera couldn't pan an follow.Thanks Don
Don,
I hear you about the camera not panning, especially when that cat decided to sit down right at the end just off cam. I've seen 2 mountain lions this year but have yet to capture one on video.

Hey Flytier, don't worry, I'm going to set my motion camera on that Jfatalia guy next.:grin:

CRABBY
11-15-2010, 09:19 PM
When people are really catching limits again (at least in any numbers) those nice bragging photos will start appearing on here again - no question about that despite some who say that they'd keep it secret (what a joke - keeping any sign of a return to good fishing at Amador a secret).

But, I really have to wonder now that the major proponent of the place on this thread says he watches them load the fish, hmmmm..... your surname wouldn't be Lockhart would it?I don't think Jfitalia's last name is lockhart,but I will say he has many friends here an WE believe him to be an Honest Man,Enough Said.Thanks Don

gatorbait
11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
WOW, This Amador thread is sure getting a good hit count!:thumbup:

CRABBY
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
WOW, This Amador thread is sure getting a good hit count!:thumbup:Gator you got that right,sure would be nice to see some pics of limits though,cold front is comeing through this fri.till next tues.or so, low snow maybe,that should pull the water temp down,least thats what chann.3 weather says,we'll see.......Don

Jfitalia
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't think Jfitalia's last name is lockhart,but I will say he has many friends here an WE believe him to be an Honest Man,Enough Said.Thanks Don

I was able to watch them load the fish because I put together a charity fishing event and we used amador fish. So when I was asking about their fish they took me to their ponds while they stocked the lake. Now I will say that there seems to be a good number of fish in there judging by what ive seen stopping by there the last weeks. However since the camanche trout pond has been stocked with as many pounds as amador I will stay at the pond for now. Lets not forget to that these fish seem to all be well over 2lbs so the lake is getting roughly 1000 fish a week.

What I really wish they would do is get sponsors like my so Cal lakes get. With sponsors like eagle claw and other those lakes are stocking twice a week and the fish are much better than the cutbows.

Jfitalia
11-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh and thank you smogguy for the bode in confidence!

Jfitalia
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM

But, I really have to wonder now that the major proponent of the place on this thread says he watches them load the fish, hmmmm..... your surname wouldn't be Lockhart would it?

Haha if that was true then I would be a terrible owner since ive been fishing the camanche trout pond 4 times in the last 2 weeks!

flytier
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Fair enough!

But despite everything I'm not seeing any of those photos yet - so again IMO there is no recovery in sight.

CRABBY
11-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Fair enough!

But despite everything I'm not seeing any of those photos yet - so again IMO there is no recovery in sight.Well I gotta agree,no limit pics yet,we should be swamped with them,other boards posters aren't doing any better,so it isn't you guys,it's everybody on all boards.This cold front might help,gonna get cold...........Don

gatorbait
11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
What do you mean, SAC BEE says everyone is getting 2 to 3 fish and them fly guys are in C&R mode!:pinocchio4ga:

Sacfisher321
11-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Over 10,000 views?!?!
That is insane!:flyingpigs:

EarlyFish
11-17-2010, 12:47 AM
So many view.. So I guess everyone is watching out for a success picture to go swarming in on Amador??

gatorbait
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Picture was taken around 1:30 today. Still looked pretty slow, I didn't see any stringers
kicking in the water. Most the boaters seem to be drifting tossing lures on top.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3471/amag.jpg
You know that Lochart scale is accurate to the pound. Good Luck..
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9971/amal.jpg

B-RAN
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
No matter how cruddy this lake is doing, There's always something I like about it.. Slamador till the day I die!!!!!!:bananachaga::bananachaga:

CoorsLIGHT
11-18-2010, 10:12 AM
No matter how cruddy this lake is doing, There's always something I like about it.. Slamador till the day I die!!!!!!:bananachaga::bananachaga:

:action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035:I smell another SKUNKADORE till the day the lake DIES....... :action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035:

gatorbait
11-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Nothing to do with fishing but this is why I can't afford to fish Amador!(kidding)

YouTube - hummingbirds.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdW5jb1RZCM)

gatorbait
11-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Will be interesting how HogHunter does on Amador?? Some dude said to use pink/gold
kastmaster on 4lb test. Anyhow, weather change should turn this lake on so I expect to see some pics by Turkey day!:turkycut1:

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Only 1 boat on a Saturday? 6 others where fishing near the dam area. Plenty of fish dancing on the surface but I didn't see anyone with fish. Good luck!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5717/amacl.jpg

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Only 1 boat on a Saturday? 6 others where fishing near the dam area. Plenty of fish dancing on the surface but I didn't see anyone with fish. Good luck!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5717/amacl.jpg

rumor has it that another fisherman from another board got a nice limit on Thur.I saw the pics an it's true,right day, right time who knows,but the fish are there,so guys lets go,it can be done,make us proud an go get em.Easier said than done I know,not to mention the cost,but what the heck it's your money,spend it.:goodidea4gq::rotfl2:...Don

gatorbait
11-21-2010, 11:07 AM
For those techno guys, Amador lake is beginning that turnover process where the water
above thermocline reaches same temps as below it.

hoghunter3
11-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I fished it on Thursday and Friday.

Thursday was outstanding with 13 fish to the boat, all but 2 over 3 pounds. Highlight was a double, one right at 7 pounds and the 2nd one 3.5. Quite a circus when you're going solo.

Here's the keepers

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/IMG_0149_edited-1.jpg

Had a Buddy join me on Friday and the weather change made for a tougher bite. We landed 8 but only 3 over 3 pounds.

Water temp is dropping so it should get consistant soon. I'm guessing it will be good after water clears from these storms. Another week or so.

CRABBY
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM

Thursday was outstanding with 13 fish to the boat, all but 2 over 3 pounds. Highlight was a double, one right at 7 pounds and the 2nd one 3.5. Quite a circus when you're going solo.

Here's the keepers

Had a Buddy join me on Friday and the weather change made for a tougher bite. We landed 8 but only 3 over 3 pounds.

Water temp is dropping so it should get consistant soon. I'm guessing it will be good after water clears from these storms. Another week or so.Excellent,finally a full limit,nice fish too!!OK guys the time may be coming to hit this place up,seems there are or were some fish there......Don

EarlyFish
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Here's the keepers

Water temp is dropping so it should get consistant soon. I'm guessing it will be good after water clears from these storms. Another week or so.
I like that 7 pounder!

B-RAN
11-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Gatorbait- I wanna see some pics of the dam when the crowd arrives lol

hmong29
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Me and my friends went out yesterday. with about 8 or so peoples around. there was only one guy catching fish. we only manage to catch one off of earth worms. left at 830pm.

Mr_Clean1979
11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Hoghunter would you mind sharing details of what was working for you when you went. Lures, combos, speed(ect) please. I haven't been since the first week they planted but was thinking about going out soon. Your info is appreciated.

flytier
11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Hoghunter would you mind sharing details of what was working for you when you went. Lures, combos, speed(ect) please. I haven't been since the first week they planted but was thinking about going out soon. Your info is appreciated.

Part of "the trick" always has been to get there before the weekend - even back in the days when it was good.

gatorbait
11-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Here is my theory why these Amador trout are harder to catch. Donaldston trout are part steelhead. When steelhead enter freshwater their digestive system shuts down.
Could it be that behavior of a Donaldston trout are acting more like steelhead?
Just a thought:duh:

Info off the net:
I have never seen anything in a steelheads stomach that I could not identify, everything look fresh and whole. When one looks at the contents of most feeding fish's stomachs such as a trout most of the items are in some state of parial digestion - not so with steelhead, at least in my experience.

It appears to me that once the fish are in the river their digestive processes shut down and even if they happen to swallow something they gain little or no benefit from it. This is further support by an experiment at Reiter in the 1980s were the summer brood stock were taught to feed on trout pellets (had to put several trout in with them which seem to teach the steelhead to feed). The thinking was that if the steelhead would feed their condition could be maintained until spawning 6 to 10 months later. Even though they seem to eat with vigor there was no corresponding increase in the condition of the fish at spawing. When the fish were killed at spawning they had no more fat - that to say none then when the fish were not feed. Thus it continues to be my belief that while the fish may occassional swallow an item or two they are not really feeding.

yonnr2000
11-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I read the book Kokanee: A Complete Fishing Guide by Dave Biser, and he says that Kokanee feed largely on plankton. I believe that once the trout at amador are released from the hatchery, they begin eating plankton also. This is not to say that they don't eat shad, but that shad is not their primary diet. I believe this because out of the 50 or so trout I have caught at Amador over the years, only one had a shad in its mouth. All the stomachs of the trout have been empty. The trout at amador must eat something, they look so fat when I catch them and some of those trout are huge!

saizo
11-23-2010, 05:45 AM
if those new trout arent triplid or sterile or whatever u call em. they are probably not interested in eating as they are interested in spawning.

superT
11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't know why, but none of the dozens of Amador trout I've cleaned had anything in their stomachs except an occasional gob of power bait. My guess is that they are raised on pellets and are caught before they learn to forage on their own.

gatorbait
11-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Amador could be picking up. I saw 2 hookups and at least 3 stringers in the water.
One guy was using orange/gold rapala (F-09?) with pro-cure scent from shore. I saw him hook up around 12:30 from corner of the dam. Most the guys in boats were casting lures in the middle. I'd suggest calling in sick for Thanksgiving.:beer:
Today's pics
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1913/ama11.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5418/ama11a.jpg
(Weds plant) Plant truck showed up while I was leaving.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3369/ama11b.jpg

Etray
11-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Me and my dad went out today we boated 8 and had about 11 hits that didnt stick biggest was about 5 pounds. We were trolling on top at .9mph. Everyone i talked to had at least 3 in the boat. Here are some pics

gatorbait
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Me and my dad went out today we boated 8 and had about 11 hits that didnt stick biggest was about 5 pounds. We were trolling on top at .9mph. Everyone i talked to had at least 3 in the boat. Here are some pics

There you go, "Bite is on for the Holidays!" :jumpinggroup::turkydance1:
You guys hooking up, let us know what you find in their stomachs? I'm curious if you find
anything that looks part digested.

Etray
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
There was nothing in any of there stomachs. Thats the first thing i looked for and it should be on fire friday they dumped 2 truck loads in today.

yonnr2000
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
My father and I went to Amador today. We toplined power grubs for 9 trout. Largest was 5.5 pounds and smallest was 7 inches. I laughed pretty hard when I brought it to the boat. I was surprised that the water temperature was 58 degrees F. The air temp was in the 30's and I thought the water would be cooler. For us, the trout seemed to like the darker color grubs. Pumpkin seed (brown) grubs with a white power egg was our best producer. We caught five with that combo. We caught a 5.5 pounder and 4.5 pounder with a black grub and white power egg. Two were caught on the old stand by pearl white grub and chartuese power egg. Nothing was caught using a firetiger colored grub. Very little surface action today. Only saw a couple of fish jump. Most of the fish were caught in Doney Bay.

Jfitalia
11-25-2010, 01:19 PM
whats up with the small fish the last week or so???

B-RAN
11-25-2010, 02:04 PM
whats up with the small fish the last week or so???
DFG planted the lake last week

gatorbait
11-26-2010, 11:21 AM
DFG planted the lake last week

Bass food!

gatorbait
11-26-2010, 05:37 PM
That Amador DFG plant has taken over. Lot's of small fish mixed with them big boys.
Plenty of nice caught this week...
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2766/fsh0.jpg

Jfitalia
11-26-2010, 06:17 PM
That Amador DFG plant has taken over. Lot's of small fish mixed with them big boys.
Plenty of nice caught this week...
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2766/fsh0.jpg

Maybe its just me but the bite picked up right after that plant. Maybe those fish helped stir up the amabows

superT
11-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe DFG knows something about water quality and water temp. after all.

CoorsLIGHT
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
WoW, 4 days no post's..... It's killing me!!!:yo-yo:

gatorbait
11-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Coors,
To be honest, Amador looked pretty damn slow yesterday and today.

Jfitalia
11-29-2010, 06:51 PM
I landed a nice 4lber and missed 5 others from my toon before the wind blew me off the lake. Every boat went straight to the back of the lake and never came out... maybe they were doing good

gatorbait
11-29-2010, 07:37 PM
I have no idea how the morning bite is so maybe it's red hot? I've only been up to the dam around 3 - 4 pm. Was kind of expecting a few fish on stringers but did not see a single fish.

Jfitalia
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I left at 1 and everyone at the dam had a few fish

FISHIN_BUDDY
11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
everyone is waiting for the next plant cause the 14 and a half (being the DFG planter) fish they put into the lake have been taken... lol I think Jfitalia caught them all! :evil:

Jfitalia
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
everyone is waiting for the next plant cause the 14 and a half (being the DFG planter) fish they put into the lake have been taken... lol I think Jfitalia caught them all! :evil:

Haha nice! I would've limited out if the wind didn't pick up

CrappieJed
11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Haha nice! I would've limited out if the wind didn't pick up
hey J how goes it...question do they still have the cutbow hatchery going?

Jfitalia
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
hey J how goes it...question do they still have the cutbow hatchery going?

Oh yeah man there still cuttbows and fight like hell!

CrappieJed
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
thats good, the hatchery was really interesting...i dont understand why others dont do that. your right those fish are amazing fighters i have caught alot of them use to spend numerous Easter vacations camped on the lake and man just a black woolly bugger and green power bait trolled and it was on...light line and you had to angle the fish for sure.

expensive but i think we:beatdeadhorse5:on that topic

gatorbait
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think Amador switched to Donaldson a few years ago.
I know they did raise cutbows at one time but pretty sure these plants are Donaldsons.

Trout Fishing Tips, News, & More (http://troutfishinghelp.blogspot.com/2009/02/donaldson-trout-explained.html)

Jfitalia
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think Amador switched to Donaldson a few years ago.
I know they did raise cutbows at one time but pretty sure these plants are Donaldsons.

Trout Fishing Tips, News, & More (http://troutfishinghelp.blogspot.com/2009/02/donaldson-trout-explained.html)

YES your correct! A cuttbow is what they called their trout which is a cross between a rainbow, steelie and cutthroat hence the name "cuttbows"..... Now by clicking and reading your own link you posted it explains that is the same thing as a donaldson trout. they just started calling them that because that name was more well known to the mass majority of the fishing world.

B-RAN
11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
YES your correct! A cuttbow is what they called their trout which is a cross between a rainbow, steelie and cutthroat hence the name "cuttbows"..... Now by clicking and reading your own link you posted it explains that is the same thing as a donaldson trout. they just started calling them that because that name was more well known to the mass majority of the fishing world.
Good eye lol I missed that the first time around

gatorbait
12-01-2010, 11:24 AM
(So Amador added an extra T to the name. HA)
Cutbows are are 1/2 cutthroat and 1/2 rainbows. The Donaldson added some steelhead
to the this mix. I think some are mixing the two species as one but they are different.
When it comes to chewing, Cutbows are more aggressive than the Donaldsons. This is why I brought up that question about stomach digestion. And I remember some of them Amador plants were starting to spawn out. Dark colors, hook jaw, sperm/egg dumps, true trait of a river steelhead.
http://www.fly-fishing-discounters.com/cutbow-trout.html

gatorbait
12-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Launch of the SS Slamadorian!
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4803/rel1u.jpg
This is the new Cuttbow release tank!
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/470/rel2.jpg
Going to be interesting watching them trollers follow this thing to sea.
Funny thing is, I have not seen any shore snagers this year.

B-RAN
12-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Whaaaat??? Wow What is the point of putting em' in like that!? hahaha wooowwww

Jfitalia
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Whaaaat??? Wow What is the point of putting em' in like that!? hahaha wooowwww

Because now they can drag and release the fish out in the middle of lake. This was the snaggers. Can't get them by the spillway and the launch ramp. Plus it'll help them spread out. I never understand why people wanna fish in the launch area for the same 5 trout that are beat to hell.

CrappieJed
12-02-2010, 07:09 PM
the cuttbows have to have steelie blood they fight and jump way to hard to be just a rainbow and a cutthroat has to be...i may be wrong though

hoghunter3
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Bite is definetly getting better. Good last week and even a little better this week.

On Weds a Buddy and I managed to land 12, keeping 9 pretty nice ones ( 5 over 5 pounds)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/IMG_0290.jpg

Including this beaut early in the AM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/IMG_0248.jpg

On Thursday I took a couple Buddies out and they managed to boat 9 before we quit at 1:30 PM.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj269/1nettell/IMG_0328.jpg

Just have to keep changing speeds and offerings until you find what they are looking for on any given day.

B-RAN
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Rapalas or grubs??

gatorbait
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Rapalas or grubs??

I've seen that HH cruiser out there.. Trolling pretty slow for rapalas.

Jfitalia
12-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I've seen that out there.. Trolling pretty slow for rapalas.

im confused, you've seen what out there?