PDA

View Full Version : How Sat weather hunt for anyone that go.

WesternStriper
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
On Sat. It was pouring rain but no snow. Nothing to see for us. But there were alot of gun shot heard through out the mountain. Thought about anybody went out that had any luck... Last week my pop bumb into a nice buck with some nice rack. He was squirrel hunting so he didn't shoot... We went there and rain was pouring the whole day. No new track but the first storm last couple week ago have some nice deer mark. Maybe they are moving already... :sonar:

Maybe heading to D5 were I have seen three buck in the past but small keeper, maybe tomorrow cause the season is done this week...

Cal.Kellogg
10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
It was tough out there...I hunted hard for three days and didn't see a single deer....

outdoordude
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
I have a friend that got a nice 3x3 in B not sure just where, and another was on em in d5 high, at snow level, 7500. they were moving with does but he said they just kept out manuvering him, no shots, but sightings.

PTownViper
10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
The weather put alot of animals on the move. Saturday I was able to take a fork while hunting out of a ground blind. Sure glad I did not have to hunt on Sunday as it was miserable with all the wind and rain.

PTownviper

Cal.Kellogg
10-28-2010, 08:03 AM
I'll be back out there for one or maybe two more days for deer and I'll hunt into November for deer....It would be sweet to pull off a last minute buck score....I got my deer last year on my last morning in the woods...I'm looking for a repeat!...Ha...

I think I'm swimming against the current, but you can't tag a buck while setting in from of the TV or computer!

Good luck all....

Reel Fun
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Last Sat I saw way more deer than before in the area I hunt (D5). I did see 2 spikes and about 12 does or so. Prior to that I would hunt all day and see maybe 1 or 2 does if lucky?? Thay are surely out more with the colder weather!!! Now just to see a fork and Im pullin the trigger!!! This is the last weekend coming up for D ZONE!!!!

Reel Fun

repogolfer
10-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I was able to fill my G1 tag on Thursday. 4th year hunting and this is my first buck....heart is still pumping. Here are a couple of pics from our camp.

3x3
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/repogolfer/deer/IMG_3068.jpg
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/repogolfer/deer/IMG_3066.jpg

Our camp
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/repogolfer/deer/IMG_3074.jpg

Jon

scales
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
congrats repogolfer! well another d3-5 year of average. nothing. we will have to use what little deer we have in the freezer
to get through this year. i think we will put in for prem. spots next year and if we dont get it, out of state we'll go. it will be our first time to go somewhere else.

conron
11-02-2010, 05:40 PM
While I was aiming at him with a nice broadside shot. I didn't shoot cause I am saving this bear tag t'll later of November. As I was thinking fast that this guy is a fatty since my pop been telling me that fat bear are good eating. So I take the shot but I accidently hit the trigger so I don't even know if I hit.

You accidently hit the trigger. You don't even know if you hit him. You went down to where you THINK he was and saw no blood or sign and quit looking. Do you know for sure it was where he was,you could be off as much as 25+ yards by sound only. So for all practical purposes you could of possibly hit and left a game animal to die a slow death. I have shot bear where there was very little blood and even this was found quite away's from where the initial hit took place. Whenever you shoot at an animal unless you know for certain you missed and reading your post you had no idea what you did,you do a complete and through search of the whole area which should be at least a 100 yard circle of where you possibly hit the animal for any sign.

My second thought of this. I should just take the shot when I had the chance to tag my bear tag so that I can chase after them fish again...

If you should of taken the shot when you could,why did you then decide to shoot anyway when you had your NDC, was this when you did not have a chance ?.

I agree you should stick to chasing fish because IMO you do not belong in the woods hunting game animals.

JMO

conron
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=WesternStriper;794058]Well, I was giong to aim him again but it discharge. Also if I forgot to said It even try to climb back up. Two people took 30 minute of searching through the area. I talk to my buddy party they ask question how it run and when I did ask about that they tell me you miss him. The bear did not scream and running away was perfectly fine giong down. The bear did not make any sound of pain to indicate I hit him. A 30-06 would of done alot of damage if it would of hit that beast and would hear the bear be suffering from the shot. Im sure the bullet didn't even hit him. This is my six bear I encounter. This one was the only one I ever try to take. If you don't like it you can tell them Mn people on how thousand of deer was also injured by hunter and let it go and you can join the PETA and give your paycheck to them if they can help stop cruelty to the animal...I bet that they will never and they won't cause you keep giving $$$$... Well, the bear tag was just an excuse if ever it attack and I can use it. Well I think I have spent so much $$$ into CA hunting program I think I will just buy the bear tag for every year... There no deer in CA and the regulation is just taking your $$$$ away... Does CA even have a rut season? hehe We just wasting money away...

You know what I like about hunting is that people don't mess with you. Fishing is fun but if your a diffrent race it can get trouble just trying to do what you love. Look how ya been complaining about fishing issue is enough a bs to even try if it will take a war to fish than might aswell take your friend beside you next to your waist... :D[/QUOTE

Ya I guess whatever you said ? :lipsrsealed:. Oh!! by the way there are a lot of deer in California if you know how to hunt them.

Reel Fun
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
We shot 2 that morning in my party and missed another!!! But we spent alot of time looking for it "just in case" I never thought about it......all I had to do was ask the shooter if it screamed like it was hit :undecided:??? One qustion for ya.......WHY THE RACE CARD???????

RF