PDA

View Full Version : any camanche reports

rapla rob
10-31-2010, 01:06 PM
looking for any reports on camanche derby , :jumping-smiley-011:

Koke Machine83
10-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Lots of little dinks. DFG most of planted both times, before the derby. So if you go, plan on catching some little fish. We can't wait til they put the big boys in. Good Luck to you.

gatorbait
10-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Ya, those were them big triploid trout you derby guys were netting.:hissyfit: Your going to see
90,000 pounds of them dinks this year. My guess is that Mt. Lassen hatchery raised their planting prices.

buckman78
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
we were out there saturday, and we got 5, biggest just under a pound. got all 5 top lining needle fish. tried everything else. talked to another boat that landed 7 on rapallas. most people we talked too had 0-3 fish for a day of fishing. i think big fish honors went to a 2 lber.

B-RAN
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
What's up with the SS ponds guys!?!?

BulletMan
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I had to run over to the Pond on Friday to fish with some friends and it was gang busters. Fish were jumping everywhere. Before the sun hit the water, the fish were hitting lures (spoons, plugs, spinners). After sunrise, worms under a bobber did the trick. Not crowded at all. I stopped by again this morning (Monday) and the fish bit just the opposit. Bait under a bobber in the dark and lures after sunrise. Most fish were 12-14 inches and nice and fat. Occasionally you might hook a dink (6-9 inches). People there early had their limits before sunrise. I was home and back in bed by 9:00.

Last month I questioned the Park management about Mt. Lassen trophy trout planting progam. They assured me that they will still plant the Mt. Lassen trout.

We will have to wait and see.

Rich

B-RAN
11-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I had to run over to the Pond on Friday to fish with some friends and it was gang busters. Fish were jumping everywhere. Before the sun hit the water, the fish were hitting lures (spoons, plugs, spinners). After sunrise, worms under a bobber did the trick. Not crowded at all. I stopped by again this morning (Monday) and the fish bit just the opposit. Bait under a bobber in the dark and lures after sunrise. Most fish were 12-14 inches and nice and fat. Occasionally you might hook a dink (6-9 inches). People there early had their limits before sunrise. I was home and back in bed by 9:00.

Last month I questioned the Park management about Mt. Lassen trophy trout planting progam. They assured me that they will still plant the Mt. Lassen trout.

We will have to wait and see.

Rich
Right on!! That's ALWAYS good to hear!! Well.. I might have to try and get out there ASAP. But dang I can't wait till them monster Mt.Lassen fish go in. I got some un-finished business out there :nunu5pn: