PDA

View Full Version : Fly linning?

Winddog
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Hello all
A question, What is fly linning?

spooled
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll let hamachi answer that one for ya's, he's got the best description I know.
But I will tell you one thing, it leads to my favorite phrase....."FFFFFRRRRRREEEEEEESHHHHHHH OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

remington
11-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Fly lining is when you use bait (usually live bait, such as anchovies or sardines) without any weight. You just have your hook tied to your main line and let the bait do the work for you. This works really well when there is a surface bite going on.

put_em_back
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
The WSB guys have been fly lining squid both live and dead. Depending on how shallow the fish will come up to eat, a rubbercore sinker can be used.....the lightest you can get away with.

Winddog
11-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Thanks guys! I'm going to have to try it tomorrow!

Hamachi_Kama
11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll let hamachi answer that one for ya's, he's got the best description I know.
But I will tell you one thing, it leads to my favorite phrase....."FFFFFRRRRRREEEEEEESHHHHHHH OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh yeah!

I'm not much of a bait fisherman, but when it comes to fishin pelagics, a fly-lined live bait is freaking AWESOME.

As already described, it's fishin a bait with just a hook, no lead at all. With tuna fishing, you pick the hottest, best looking bait, usually a 'dine of 'chovy, pitch it off the downwind corner, let that sucker take line naturally of your free-spooled reel and wait to get picked up....one of the greatest moments in fishing, IMO. FRESH ONE!

spooled
11-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah!

I'm not much of a bait fisherman, but when it comes to fishin pelagics, a fly-lined live bait is freaking AWESOME.

As already described, it's fishin a bait with just a hook, no lead at all. With tuna fishing, you pick the hottest, best looking bait, usually a 'dine of 'chovy, pitch it off the downwind corner, let that sucker take line naturally of your free-spooled reel and wait to get picked up....one of the greatest moments in fishing, IMO. FRESH ONE!

And let me tell you....you will know when the bait gets picked up as your line begins screaming 40mph away from you. Man is it friggin' addicting!!!

DuckDog
11-05-2010, 02:47 PM
be out there tomorrow as well. Try some WSB then probably hit the rocks and hope for a dinger. Good luck to all.

Winddog
11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
be out there tomorrow as well. Try some WSB then probably hit the rocks and hope for a dinger. Good luck to all.

Except for half dozen Sandabs of nice size & a few Yellowtail Cod we got skunked!
Howabout you?

neil831
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Curious as to how you did as well. Will be out a couple times this week before rock cod ends, but hoping to do some wsb fishing instead.

Hamachi_Kama
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
freeesh ooonnneee!