PDA

View Full Version : Hmb crab opener

untalan1
11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Dropped 8 pots fri in 150' of water off the radar towers picked up two pots for limits of jumbos for four of us with two more limits if we had more crew aboard. Efren

starcraft69
11-06-2010, 06:12 PM
sweet I hope the rest are full!!! I cant wait going this week.
Thanks for the report

deep_six
11-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Sounds like you have the real deal, wondering if you mind helping me out with some information.

I crab out of Moss landing and have 3 traps. Have managed to catch a few crabs but never more than 1 or 2 per trap. We have used rock cod and salmon carcass, Sand dab heads and any other fish parts I have froze during the summer.

Do you have a special bait ? :skull:

Continued good luck to you.

GNappers
11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Went out of Moss Saturday and it was slow for us. On our second pull we moved our string north of the telephone bouy and ended with only 9 for 2 of us using 10 pot's. The next day we had nine in our first 3 and ended with our limit checking 6 pot's. Our buddy boat found 16 in their first 2 pot's and ended with limit's for 4 guys each day. Sound's like Half Moon has a much better concentration since the 2 friends we talked 2 were limited for 4 guys just checking a few pot's. Weather got rough for them on Sunday and they couldn't make it out. We used everthing from pork haunch to salmon carcasses.

Northcalsportfish
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
G-Nappers, you should have talked Tommy into running from HMB. We had one of the best opener in years! Today, we had 44 jumbos crawlers in one pot. Easy limits since the opener.