PDA

View Full Version : What happened to this board

movedtonewmexico
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
What happened there used to be a lot more posts posted on not just this board but all of them.The last couple of months there have been a minimum of posts I know winter is approaching but I know you guys are still fishing. I went out this past weekend to mundo lake before it freezes over. Did not have a great day but did catch my linit. 3 were 12 to 13 inches and 1 was 3 pounds and last was 4.5 pounds. All caught on a gold cast master. That lure really works at mundo lake.

CRABBY
11-16-2010, 06:01 PM
:sonar:.All boards get this way every year,people are preoccupied,this year the fishing has been slow for many,lot of frustration out there with many lakes an the prices to fish them an the poor results,the economy being what it is many want to at least catch dinner,all an all this Board seems to be doing pretty good,lot of new people posting,asking Q's,talking about there trips etc.when they get a few replies then things usually open up.Keep in mind that we talk about a lot more than fishing,there's over a dozen forums covering all kinds of stuff an many go unanswered due to our tunnel vision on what we look for.Just a thought.........Don

movedtonewmexico
11-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I know I was just trying to spark some excitement and wake the people up. I love this board and think it is a great forumn.

Cofaxtroutman
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
I think this board has gone down hill ever since it changed formats, just my opinion.

CRABBY
11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Cofaxtroutman;795806]I think this board has gone down hill ever since it changed formats, just my opinion.[/QUOTT/) I don't care much for the new V Bulletin format myself, but as others, I have adjusted to it,some have left because of it,nonetheless the board is growing,friendships are being made between new an old members,an as another thread has pointed out we are getting tighter (camaraderie is growing),the bad apples are being weeded out an several members are returning an posting again and I'm positive more will return as we continue to grow an mature....Don

Jetspray
11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Some of us just don't spend enough time looking on the computer. Since I retired I have more time to fish, so that is my goal. Today I went shopping though for stuff for the boat......Jetspray

bee
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
i think a lot of people are busy with the holidays coming up and people that come on this board, read a little, and get sparked so they go out and fish. but this board seems to be pretty friendly and everyone seems to get along and help each other out. fishing is knowledge.

gatorbait
11-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Some of us just don't spend enough time looking on the computer.

Jetspray= 4,791 posts! :rotfl:

CRABBY
11-17-2010, 07:45 PM

those are just here!!!!!!!:bananachaga:

FishermanDan
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
I think this board has gone down hill ever since it changed formats, just my opinion.

I agree with this statement. Since the old boards are gone I lost all of my PMs that contained really valuable information. I can't even access old posts from the old forum, which also has valuable information. I was so angry when I first found out it was gone forever ugh...........

CRABBY
11-18-2010, 05:26 AM
I agree with this statement. Since the old boards are gone I lost all of my PMs that contained really valuable information. I can't even access old posts from the old forum, which also has valuable information. I was so angry when I first found out it was gone forever ugh...........Most all of the old posts are here and available to anyone to view,PMs are gone which is unfortunate....Don

dinos marine
11-18-2010, 07:28 AM
i have to admit that i have not been on the board recently. since the change in format, and when the site was down, i too moved to another forum. i still post and view, but, not quit a regular.
dino

CRABBY
11-18-2010, 07:21 PM
i have to admit that i have not been on the board recently. since the change in format, and when the site was down, i too moved to another forum. i still post and view, but, not quit a regular.
dinoNice to see ya here even once in awhile,theres a lot of posters on both boards that switch back an forth,some post,some just look as I do,I enjoy the diff.info found on other boards,when you look at at ea. board an see who's online alot of times you see the same people logged on,no board can provide all the info.or entertainment we all seek,so we go looking around to find it,no harm in that.........Don

FISH-4-FUN
11-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I would agree with others that since the format change things went down hill.I have to admit after the change I moved to the other site.I do visit a couple times a month but do not post much.

I have been doing more catching then fishing.

Chris

gatorbait
11-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Whether it's SWBNation, Wbass, BassRes, IMH, Sniff, "they all have different formats."
Fact is, they are all easy to use so I don't see what the deal is here.

dinos marine
11-19-2010, 06:56 AM
I would agree with others that since the format change things went down hill.I have to admit after the change I moved to the other site.I do visit a couple times a month but do not post much.

I have been doing more catching then fishing.

Chris

ok chris, so where is the catchin?? hahaha yeah some of us have not had the time to go out and wet our lines :cuffedik0:

slough hound
11-19-2010, 08:43 PM
i agree with you guys its just not the same

fishing freak
11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
this is just my 2cents some will agree to disagree. i fill that people stop posting trips because they didnt want other fisherman to blow up the spot. how i fill is you can give any body a pole,gear and the hottest spot on the map but that dosent mean they will be successful. it is what it is, but as far as i go i will contuing to post when i go fishing some are great days with big fish an other are nothing but snags. how i fill is, i got in to the sport of fishing from other fisherman helping me to get better an hook up,so i will do my part an give back!!

Koke Machine83
11-19-2010, 09:49 PM
These boards are to help others. I fish for trout, which are planted for us to catch. I also fish for Kokanee, which are planted for us to catch. I will always help others. I post on both boards. I hope others do the same!!! Robbie

gatorbait
11-19-2010, 10:06 PM
These boards are to help others. I fish for trout, which are planted for us to catch. I also fish for Kokanee, which are planted for us to catch. I will always help others. I post on both boards. I hope others do the same!!! Robbie

Well said Robbie! No need to build any walls here..

rbilly01
11-19-2010, 10:39 PM
The board is definately slower, But I like the new format. Some people don't like change. The initial transition was rough but the finished product is nice.

GNappers
11-19-2010, 10:50 PM
I blame Fishbucket. Once I finally caught a keeper sturgeon fishing his boat for the first time, I gave up buying pounds of grass shrimp and ghost by the dozen to shorefish out at Sonoma Creek, Napa River or Port Sonoma in the mud and usually only catching bat rays or nothing at all. Another reason I don't fish as much is that someone decided to close my leopard shark fishing hole out at Drake's Estero and make it a harbour seal habitat. People could be getting tired of posting only to have their methods or fish taken questioned by other's. The main reason people aren't posting is the Giant's did awesome this year and finally won the WORLD SERIES! Hopefully around this time next year the boards will once again be quiet as the G-Men go for a repeat.

Jetspray
11-20-2010, 05:41 AM

Gatorbait it is not a numbers game, I have an advantage I am retired. I hope that some of my message gets through......Jetspray

Jetspray
11-20-2010, 05:44 AM
those are just here!!!!!!!:bananachaga:

I agree Don I do post on other sites some include gold hunting and gardening, but I feel this site took one large hit from which it will be hard to recover........Jetspray

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I agree Don I do post on other sites some include gold hunting and gardening, but I feel this site took one large hit from which it will be hard to recover........JetsprayYep you got that right,but recovering we are thanks to many loyal Sniffers new an old an to all those who post elsewhere an still keep us included in the loop an post here on a regular basis,that says alot for the board,it's all good an everybody is appreciated,also I'd like to remind everybody of the cooperation that goes on between diff.boards,we all know the Hooker is one of our main competitors,not so much there members,we're all fishermen/gals an many are friends, but the business end,an yet they allowed me to go over to there board an copy there posts an pics concerning 2 recent tragedies an post them here,for our board,Even had one of there Head Mods come over an post some picks for me,(MB).So business is business but when the need arises we still all pull together,so whether you like or dislike this new forum(many boards use this forum),post here,then there an then wherever it's all good,threads like this are good I think because they help people voice there opinions,complaints an also gives us a chance to let any an all diff.board members know they are welcome here when they want to join in on a topic that interests them,even if they don't like this forum on a regular basis :D And yes this new forum has cost us some members an will cost us more if it isn't fixed,improvements are coming I hope,I share the blame also as I have not completed my list for Cal an Duane on many of them as they asked,sorry....Don

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Gatorbait it is not a numbers game, I have an advantage I am retired. I hope that some of my message gets through......Jetspray

Jetspray,
I was just joking around with ya. I know you use to post huge numbers in them old sniff
days. Some of the old gang moved on to other sites but it is what it is. I happen to like this
site better than most just because these moderators are a bit more relaxed.

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Jetspray,
I was just joking around with ya. I know you use to post huge numbers in them old sniff
days. Some of the old gang moved on to other sites but it is what it is. I happen to like this
site better than most just because these moderators are a bit more relaxed.

WHAT!!!ME RELAXED!!!Oh boy I'm slippin,better sharpin my pencil.:yahoo::rotfl2::rotfl2:.................... .Don

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
WHAT!!!ME RELAXED!!!Oh boy I'm slippin,better sharpin my pencil.:yahoo::rotfl2::rotfl2:.................... .Don

OK, maybe I should of said, "most of them Sniff mods"!:moon:

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
OK, maybe I should of said, "most of them Sniff mods"!:moon:Thank you Gator,I feel better already,cute butt by the way.:shocked:..Don

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Thank you Gator,I feel better already,cute butt by the way.:shocked:..Don

At least I didn't say, "SNIFF THIS" smogguy!:rotfl2:

Captain Compassion
11-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Got no problem with the format. Got no problem with the mods. As long as one of my buds posts here so will I. Don't mind sharing. But I don't tell all.:ts6rp::happy:

CC

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
At least I didn't say, "SNIFF THIS" smogguy!:rotfl2:

you are bad as usual Gator,go fishin at amador an beat HHs limit post he put up on the hooker,You can do it!!:sonar:..Maybe I'll start a pole on this an take side bets on who's gonna win.:chowtime:...Don

dinos marine
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Got no problem with the format. Got no problem with the mods. As long as one of my buds posts here so will I. Don't mind sharing. But I don't tell all.:ts6rp::happy:

CC

hahaha good one richard! so m i a bud???
dino:star8qo:

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 01:25 PM
dino:star8qo:

I smell some sour grapes here?? Why... Heck, I just purchased a boat off the hooker!
Peace out!:clappingcheesehead:

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
you are bad as usual Gator,go fishin at amador an beat HHs limit post he put up on the hooker,You can do it!!:sonar:..Maybe I'll start a pole on this an take side bets on who's gonna win.:chowtime:...Don

Kind of hard to troll for trout out of Ranger bass boat. I'm only limited to rapala's at 3.0 mph. Can we switch this to Camanche? HogHunter won't have a chance! "I'll just tailgate kokemachine's rig" :grin:
Fyi: You know I had to steel that pic just because camotracker took one of mine!:bananadevil:

Dang, I best stop posting...catching up to Jetspray!

CRABBY
11-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Kind of hard to troll for trout out of Ranger bass boat. I'm only limited to rapala's at 3.0 mph. Can we switch this to Camanche? HogHunter won't have a chance! "I'll just tailgate kokemachine's rig" :grin:
Fyi: You know I had to steel that pic just because camotracker took one of mine!:bananadevil:

Dang, I best stop posting...catching up to Jetspray!

Your little theft will probley get us in trouble,Oh well,we been there before,yea you can include camanche all is fair in this contest.Good luck.....Don

Koke Machine83
11-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Come on guys!! I saw a BASS boat last year with downriggers. So it can be done. Remember, you have to stay in front of me, cause there isn't much behind me...

Robbie (Koke Machine)... :fish_jumps:

gatorbait
11-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I purchased a kicker bracket a few years ago and it's still in the closet. When it came down to drilling them holes, just couldn't do it.
By the way Robbie, I tried looking for some firetiger's in F-09 and it seems that you've purchased every last one in Amador county! I guess it'll be F-05's for me.:cheesy: I'll be on the water Monday or Tuesday heading up past the bridge. I'm thinking them big boyz might be in that colder Pardee River water???

Captain Compassion
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes.:heart1::rolleyes:

CC

Koke Machine83
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
gator bait: You should be able to find some Firetiger F-9's. I have only caught a couple fish on that color, this year. Now, the Hot Steel might be a hard one to find, again :happy: Good Luck to you on Monday or Tuesday... Robbie

dinos marine
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes.:heart1::rolleyes:

CC

thanks
:strawberry::banana::vrolijk_26: woo hoo i do have some friends
dino

Mr_Lake_Chabot
11-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Yada yada yada

Trout Tracker
11-24-2010, 06:04 AM
The new format took awhile for me to get a handle on.
YES...I have noticed a change myself and like what i see so far.
NO...I don't see as many posts as thier once were but the ones that i see are about the sport of fishing and not a bunch of garbage posts like in the past.
It seems that most that post now stay on the subject along with the replys to that post.
With the new format and all the board being better or worse is a matter of opinion and we all have one.I have noticed new blood coming to the board and bringing new and interesting posts that i feel this board needs.
I log on to try and get new an different info as to where,what,and when.Then the next time i'm on the water i try what i have read and hope it works for me.
(If nothing else i look for Robbie on the water and follow at a distance.)
TT

movedtonewmexico
11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I see I woke up the sniffers with this post. Glad to see all of you are still alive and kickin:hitoverhead::party-smiley-048:. I love this board and fishing and think there are a lot of good people and information on it. Please keep posting and so will I.