PDA

View Full Version : Best way to store striper fillet

dannieboiz
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
I have a 10lbs of stripers fillet that I'm trying to figure out the best way to store without a vacuum sealer. Any suggestions?

Fishbucket
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Sink full of water... Freezer bags.

Fill bag with fish. lower into the water and the air will be pushed out. Get it down to the zipper closure and Wha LA !

Good in the freeze for months.

CrappieJed
11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Sink full of water... Freezer bags.

Fill bag with fish. lower into the water and the air will be pushed out. Get it down to the zipper closure and Wha LA !

Good in the freeze for months.
i like it and no water gets in the bag as well which can cause freezer burns....for an old bucket your smart guy....hey whats going on with the last frontier these days any thing hurdling toward us

Fishbucket
11-29-2010, 07:25 PM
....for an old bucket your smart guy..

I keep telling everyone THAT !!:spongebob:

..hey whats going on with the last frontier these days any thing hurdling toward us

I was just looking at that stuff today. And thought I should post something.

dannieboiz
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Couldn't wait for the response so I made something up from my other readings.

I have these heavy duty industrial zip lock bags so I dumped some ice into it, dumped the fillet in there, then squeeze as much air out by hands as possible, zipped it up and in the freezer it went. I'm only planning to freeze for 3 or 4 days, told some frenz about and now I got a crowd coming on Wed. or thursday. LOL love those friends when you need help..... eating!

CrappieJed
11-29-2010, 08:29 PM
just remember meat should have no air or water/ice in the bag at all the water or ice will cause freezer burns so eat that fish this weekend....beer krusteez pancake batter and deep fry and its on:clap:

lineside
11-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Slober slober slober!!!!

Fishbucket
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Water makes the meat mushy. They still might be saveable.

If you dont want to do the sink trick.. zip it closed against a straw at the very end. and try and suck start it. When it's good and tight, pull the straw and finish the zip.

BeefCakeScout
12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I like to store them in my gut,but the ziploc shoved under water worked till i got my foodsaver.