PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros this wknd anyone?

trebleface
11-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Plant this Friday, Im going Saturday morning. Anyone else goin?

Drinks like a fish
12-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I just saw this today which was too late to reply. I went out and caught my limit by 10 am. The day started off slow as the striper guys moved in after the guy next to me caught a monster striper. I think he said it was 37 inches but either way it was huge. I heard a few splashes and saw about a 2 lb trout jump out of the water trying to escape the striper before the guy cast on top of it. After that about 10 guys were throwing right next to me before I decided to move on. Soon after that I one on each pole unfortunately losing one. It was slow again for 30 minutes or so before I started catching them faster than I could reel them in. The mud was tough today and rubber boots are the way to go.

trebleface
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Just got back. Most of the planters caught were small, pound n a half max. Lure that caught the most was a 1/8th white/gold kastmaster. Cloudy, sprinkles, slow bites and u were right about the soft mud heh. dude next to me got 2 fat stripers.

FriedKalamari
12-04-2010, 07:23 PM
wat were the guys using for the stripers? bait fishin?

trebleface
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
The first around 26" on swimbait and the second atleast 32" on anchovies. I love the trout action there but I have to say 15mins after you catch the Calaveras planters they turn primer black

FriedKalamari
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
The first around 26" on swimbait and the second atleast 32" on anchovies. I love the trout action there but I have to say 15mins after you catch the Calaveras planters they turn primer black

yeh im not much for trout eatin anyways. the weather mustve been kinda rough out there today??

FoldCat81
12-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Good Job, sounds like it was a productive day... What part of the lake do you guys fish?