PDA

View Full Version : NO ISE San Mateo this year?

Big Game
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
OK guys and Gals,
I'm not a huge political activist, but I am officially alarmed. A few years back I couldn't get drawn for my favorite Deer Zone X-7, then I found that I had a hard time getting drawn for Pheasant at Sac Refuge and Gray Lodge, and now I find out that I can't even go to my yearly trip to San Mateo for the ISE??? Sportsmen and Sportswomen, I am seeing a very bad trend here, at least in the S.F. Bay Area. As a group, we had better wake up soon, or a way of life (our way of life) will be in jeaopardy. I (we) have been going to San Mateo for about 30 ish years? And before that we went to the S.F. Sports and Boat Show!!!
Very, Very Sad. Someone please pick me up. Big Game.

Garry
12-03-2010, 07:22 AM
i have attended the san mateo for the last five or so years as a vendor and can tell you, it got smaller every year, even before the bad economy hit. it really came down to was it worth even buying a ticket for an event that had only 50% of its booths sold.

sac ise continues to grow and is a great event. it is a further drive for bay area sportsmen, but well worth it.

ge

Big Game
12-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Garry,

Thanks for the info. Too bad about San Mateo. I bought a lot of stuff there over the years, including my boat and booked quite a few great Fishing trips there. I always looked forward to Jan / Feb for that reason. Sorry for all the Ranting and Raving.....
Tight Lines. Big Game