PDA

View Full Version : Delta Duck Blind

GetEm925
12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Me and a buddy just made a duck blind of of an old 8X8 dock he had on his side and were wondering if we can put it anywhere we want to?

DRF
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Check out franks tract I think you have to contact someone from State parks before you hunt.

JrF

MontanaN8V
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I hunt the delta from my kayak all the time. A game warden told me, that the islands are all private prop. I would also think that putting a blind up would be a no no, without permission from someone. Another thing to consider is being at least 150 yards away from a dwelling. I look for tulie patches that I can ditch the yak and put out decoys, and then just make a blind so to speak out of the tulie patches. Works good for me, but I am assuming you will be in a boat, so you have to account for that too.

Waterdog
12-14-2010, 08:26 AM
The duck blind itself isn't illegal but you can't legally just park it anywhere you want in the delta. You also can't set it up in Franks Tract. There are a number of blinds in Franks Tract but to get permission to set up there you have to apply earlier in the year through a drawing. There are very special there rules involving this including the construction of the blind, how it is to be anchored, you need a light on it at night for navigation purposes and you must move it out of the area immediately after the season.
If you park it somewhere in the delta you may or may not get hassled by the law. If they catch you you will be fined and you will have to remove the blind.
Since you have a boat suggest you camo it up with camo material and find a ducky spot and hunt from your boat.

GetEm925
12-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it.