PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette res.

steevo44
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Does anybody fish Lafayette? is there anything you can tell me about the lake?. I am thinking about going out there on friday, but I have never been there and don't know much about it. Any help would be appreciated. I will be at New Melones on Sunday.....hopefully the fishing will be as good as it was 2 weeks ago. Thanks

Adoboat
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
i was there today from 10 to 1. Got three, nothing impressive. Very slow.
I rented a boat and brought my trolling motor to get to various spots. Fished the south side first and got a fish on the first cast. then nothing for two hours. Went over to the east cove and got two more. Drifted a nightcrawler piece. Talked to a couple of other boats and one guy in a tube as i drifted by. The guys in the boat had nothing. the guy in the tube had one drifting a piece of nightcrawler. The other boats were tied to bouyes. I saw one guy on shore on the south side get one. otherwise, pretty slow.

they stock it every week, and I read that fishing was pretty good recently, so I gave it a shot today. It wasn't great. I think fishing pressure lowered the fish population.

steevo44
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Thank you....I did see that they didn't plant it last week, but are supposed to this week

handsomehands
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Went 2 weeks ago between 3 of us we got 15 two of which were around 4 pounds. Lat week we went we only got 4 all pretty small. If your planning on renting a boat they only have rowboats.

Adoboat
12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
i think fishing pressure brings the fish population down fast. People, osprey and cormorants all take in more than 1000 lbs of fish per week.

jyang
12-08-2010, 04:55 PM
If you have/rent a boat, go to south send fish near the furthest white buey on the right side. I have done really well there. If you are fishng from dock, I try to go to the dock that is next (towards southend) to new cement dock. There are less weeds on left side of this dock and I have done well there too. I use white power eggs and white power warm combo on one rod. The other rod, I have fl. yellow power eggs and white power warm. Just sharing from my experience.

dcorp
12-10-2010, 10:04 PM
i think fishing pressure brings the fish population down fast. People, osprey and cormorants all take in more than 1000 lbs of fish per week.

Not to mention the bass taking a large share. That place has beasts in it.