PDA

View Full Version : Don't Heat Seal Your New License

MyPhoenix2301
12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
The new fishing licenses are printed on thermal paper, a new system DFG is using. For years I have heat sealed my license in a luggage tag to wear around my neck. Bad news; my lifetime license turned black. If you buy an annual license and make this mistake, any license vendor can issue another license. For my lifetime license my wife was told by local DFG that the license has to be reissued from Sacramento. Sacramento tells me to go local. Eventually I will get another license but what a mess the new system is. Better to just carry the license in your wallet.

Big Game
12-23-2010, 07:15 PM
MP2301,

Thanks for rising from the ashes to give us the tip. It sounds exactly like something I would do. I am in the Printing Industry but I haven't heard of this (yet).
We appreciate the Heads Up. Merry Christmas. Big Game.

MyPhoenix2301
01-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I finally made it to the DFG office in Fresno and they were able to reprint my license, no problem. I had to turn in the ruined (original) license. Little bit of a hassle but I learned a lesson.

fishwishin
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
If it is thermal sensitive paper I would be careful about leaving it exposed to hot, full sun too. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
:cool:

MyPhoenix2301
01-08-2011, 08:27 AM
It was interesting that they folded my license for me with the writing on the inside of the fold. This stuff reminds me of the old thermal print paper they used back in the 60's and 70's. In time the writing faded and the document was almost useless. My license is now in my wallet which raises a concern with the seat warmers we have in our cars and trucks now. I guess time will tell.

FishnBeer
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I did it. Now I have long black strips of laminated paper. Didn't realize it was thermal paper. Doesent seem like a good idea considering wit conditions people usually fish in. Came on here to warn others, but searched and found this thread. And there I was thinking I had a great idea....

CRABBY
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I did it. Now I have long black strips of laminated paper. Didn't realize it was thermal paper. Doesent seem like a good idea considering wit conditions people usually fish in. Came on here to warn others, but searched and found this thread. And there I was thinking I had a great idea....Thanks for the thought,that's what counts...Don