PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Lowrance LGC-12s GPS Receiver Can anyone help me out

FEW
12-24-2010, 04:15 AM
I have a global map 3000mt which I bought new in 2001. Yes, I know it is more than a few years old,but I am very picky with my stuff. It was 750.00 at FWH in 01,at that price you would think you get replacement parts from Lowrance,when i called there the lady in tech was really rude and told me ("Oh well you will just have to buy a new one,because that unit can not be serviced and you can not get parts for it") I have always used Lowrance products. I guess I will have to look at the Furuno stuff from now on! They sell parts for their products from what my brother tells me!:) OK, im done crying, I would buy a used antena or what ever. Thanks any help would be great!:help:

ReelJerks
12-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Odd that Lowrance didn't offer you the 'upgrade' price of about $112 to the new and much much better LGC-4000. Pretty sure it works as a replacement for the old LGC-12s. Look at it this way, if they still manned the old LGC-12s and you could buy it new, it would cost in the neighborhood of $100, so you are actually getting a very good replacement for a tad more.

Edd

fence_man
12-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I believe the Lgc-12w will work that I replaced my 12-s with on my x 15

Seon
12-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Odd that Lowrance didn't offer you the 'upgrade' price of about $112 to the new and much much better LGC-4000.
Edd

Hummm, let me know where one can buy an LGC 4000 at that price so I can buy one as a spare

BTW here's an LGC 12 on ebay at $60 NEW LOWRANCE/EAGLE EGC-12W + waas GPS antenna module - eBay (item 320633894421 end time Dec-29-10 09:54:10 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LOWRANCE-EAGLE-EGC-12W-waas-GPS-antenna-module-/320633894421?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa744f615)

CRABBY
12-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Hummm, let me know where one can buy an LGC 4000 at that price so I can buy one as a spare

BTW here's an LGC 12 on ebay at $60 NEW LOWRANCE/EAGLE EGC-12W + waas GPS antenna module - eBay (item 320633894421 end time Dec-29-10 09:54:10 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LOWRANCE-EAGLE-EGC-12W-waas-GPS-antenna-module-/320633894421?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa744f615)
Seon,mine went bad last year,called Lowrance an talked to a tech.after a few Qs said it was my puck an offered me a new one for $112 ordered it an works fine,new warning was included that said Not to expose the puck to extreme heat under cover while storing or towing....Don

ReelJerks
12-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Seon,mine went bad last year,called Lowrance an talked to a tech.after a few Qs said it was my puck an offered me a new one for $112 ordered it an works fine,new warning was included that said Not to expose the puck to extreme heat under cover while storing or towing....Don

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FEW
12-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all your help! First you are right about the heat thing, I let the tarp lay on the the puck for one day(a hot one) and it melted the top pretty good too! So its my fault, I never thought about it damaging the puck. I did see the Eagle puck on E-BAY, for 60.00 bucks. So if it is still there I will try it.Mrs.Happy at Lowrance told me it had to be a LGC-12s or it would not work! Found a guy in China that repairs this stuff and sales it on E-BAY, but after reading some of his reveiws I backed off. I had sent him a message about my problem and he said he had one he could send me for 200.00. people have had some problems with him sending wrong thing in the past. Thanks again!

P.S. Every year at the Sportsmans Expo I am working at the Water4Fish Booth, stop by and say hi and sign up to fight for our right to fish and keep some water around for our fish to swim in!:a-fish:

ReelJerks
12-27-2010, 08:45 AM
P.S. Every year at the Sportsmans Expo I am working at the Water4Fish Booth, stop by and say hi and sign up to fight for our right to fish and keep some water around for our fish to swim in!:a-fish:

If I were you, I'd check with all the Bass guys you see at the ISE. These guys upgrade at the drop of a hat and one may have your module.
Good luck.

FEW
12-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Ok! Been talking to a couple of service techs (not at Lowrance!) one in Florida and one in S.C. for any one who gives a hoot:) From what I have been told so far ( the Lowrance Tech could have help me out with this but chose not to) The Lgc-12s does is not amplified in the module, it is amplifed in the unit display. The Lgc-12w and newer( 2000,3000,4000, etc.) is amplified in the module. One of the techs sent me a Lowrance tech drawing that shows how to power up the module direct and use the NMEA com port to input the information from the module. Now im just a stupid commercial carpenter so hope I can make this work! Now I have also been told that if my unit was one of the last mt's to roll off the line (they changed the unit to a 12w module set up) a 12w might just work by hooking it up. So I am trying to pick up the 12w on E-BAY that SMOGGUY pointed out and we will try it both ways. I will also ask around at the EXPO, and you can bet I will be at the Lowrance booth asking whats up with there service (like they give a crap,but it will make me feel better:) Thanks guys!:cheers: