PDA

View Full Version : Hagan Park pond , Mather Lake , Or Willow Hill Reservoir ??

B-RAN
12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm taking my little cousin fishing for my first time ever!! I know all 3 of these places are planting this week but I was just wondering the best one out of all 3 to take him to where he would have good oportunities to catch one.. Any Info would be really nice! :smiley:

BeefCakeScout
12-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I would skip Hagan....too crowded.

Jfitalia
12-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Kj.j

I would skip Hagan....too crowded.

It has actually been empty at hagan. Where is willow hill?

Bigg A
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Kj.jIt has actually been empty at hagan. Where is willow hill?

Yeah.....hagan has been pretty empty. Somebody asked me about willow hills earlier...never heard of it. Guy told me its in folsom somewhere behind the high school or something. Like off of Iron point rd or whatever.:kermit:

B-RAN
12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah?? I'll most likely head out there.. Not sure if a tuesday or wensday would be better.. How is the water clarity there??

Jfitalia
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah.....hagan has been pretty empty. Somebody asked me about willow hills earlier...never heard of it. Guy told me its in folsom somewhere behind the high school or something. Like off of Iron point rd or whatever.:kermit:

Hey Ant you wanna hit camanche from shore Thursday

Bigg A
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey Ant you wanna hit camanche from shore Thursday

Let me check a few things out and I'll get back to you.

going4broke1981
12-28-2010, 01:51 PM
I can personally vouch for hagan having no trout activity, maybe a few catfish, I just called the troutline, and there wasn't a message, they may be updating, I hope they will plant hagan. How sure are u on tthe hagan plant this week? Probably give elkgrove a shot in a little bit today.

Elkgrove was a bust, only action was possible male on male.

MarkdaShark19
12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
B_RAN Hagen can be cool but sometimes gets crowded and enless you hit it within 3 days of a plant the fish are gone. I think they started changing up the days on plants to some locals have it down I know I don't know it personally anymore since I moved out of the area.

B-RAN
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Dang it, went to mather today for a skunk.. saw them catching on pb but i didnt have any.. I dont know if i want to wait for rancho seco or not..

MarkdaShark19
12-28-2010, 07:58 PM
You didn't check out Hagen man? its not far from mather

Bigg A
12-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I can personally vouch for hagan having no trout activity, maybe a few catfish, I just called the troutline, and there wasn't a message, they may be updating, I hope they will plant hagan. How sure are u on tthe hagan plant this week? Probably give elkgrove a shot in a little bit today.

Elkgrove was a bust, only action was possible male on male.

It's on the recording as far as hagan being stocked for this week. Hagan is planted by american river fish hatchery so if you called fishin in the city......yeah they have no message but they stocked last week at howe for sure. Took my son over there and he got 3 fatties and of course I caught a dink and missed every other bite I got. Cormorants out fished everybody though...lol!!! :stomper:

smurf358
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
hit mather on monday...a guy say they stock at 9 am to the left of the dock n the fish never move from there..c&r bouts 15....hit hagan from 11 to 3 c&r bouts 20...Willow Hill Reservoir is behind folsom high school

going4broke1981
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Action at hagan, I think the guys r throwing flies attached to a bobber?

I wrangled one, would have had a meal if he came with a few more friends, but it was nice to finally slime coat my hands, left as it started pouring., guys were catching them left and right. A lot of talk about mather and willow hill by the guys with less luck.

Possibly headin back later, was real crowded, noone there had any manners when the biting was on.

B-RAN
12-30-2010, 01:02 AM
How clear is the water at Hagen and Mark.. We didnt get a chance to cause we didnt have 5 bux for the entry fee :/

MarkdaShark19
12-30-2010, 09:42 AM
You know man I'm pretty sure they don't charge a parking fee in the winter you guys should have been fine. Water clarity is usually pretty good at Hagen too. The dang pond is so shallow with a pair of polarized glasses you could see everything in there.

Trickytrucker
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Tried Willow Hill yesterday (Wed.) no hits. About 15 fishing and I saw no action. The North wind picked up so it wasn't the best for comfort. A guy I talked to said they planted Wed. morning and a couple guys got their limits near the planting spot. Good luck if you go there...not a bad little lake. :1fish0023mn::

Trickytrucker

going4broke1981
12-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I was told that hagan is Closed during the winter months also, by another fisherman and that u can drive right on in, I'm actually going to head back there today and see about rounding up probably the last of the plant, hehe.

B-RAN
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Nice!! I'll try em all here in about 2 weeks.. next week rancho gets the big boys

Legalbeagle
12-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Tried Willow Hill yesterday (Wed.) no hits. About 15 fishing and I saw no action. The North wind picked up so it wasn't the best for comfort. A guy I talked to said they planted Wed. morning and a couple guys got their limits near the planting spot. Good luck if you go there...not a bad little lake. :1fish0023mn::

Trickytrucker

That pond is full of trout and no one can get to em and I know why. It's killing me that I just sold my truck and have no immediate way to transport my kayak, so I'll spill the beans:

If you have some sort of floatation device (pontoon, float tube, kayak), find the stream inlet. It's hard to find because the whole shoreline is covered with toolies. Look for it at the Northeast end. Use a dodger/worm combo or I'm sure a Wooliebugger would also work and concentrate in the sandy area in 4-6 ft of water. That is all. I have done my good deed for the day.

All I ask for in return is somebody tell me how it goes...I would go there myself but can't transport my kayak right now.

Go get em!

smurf358
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Action at hagan, I think the guys r throwing flies attached to a bobber?

I wrangled one, would have had a meal if he came with a few more friends, but it was nice to finally slime coat my hands, left as it started pouring., guys were catching them left and right. A lot of talk about mather and willow hill by the guys with less luck.

Possibly headin back later, was real crowded, noone there had any manners when the biting was on. its not flies but sum do use flies...try 3 " power worms tats wat most peeps use now or tats all i use and i slay them everytime they stock