PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cliff

FoldCat81
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
After getting skunked 3 times in a row at quarry I decided I try shadow cliff. I had lines wet at about 7:15. It was nice and cold I had a hard time keeping my hands warm enough to put the eggs on the hook....:cold1:..... To make a long story short I counted 42 rods from the 1st dock to the 2nd one. I did not count the ones towards the 3rd dock.... I only saw 1 fish. There wasn't even a bite on the 2nd dock. I left at 11am as more and more people were coming. The worst part was that they planted Mt. Lasson yesterday...

STRIPER_510
12-30-2010, 05:30 PM
It's been really tough out there...I was there on 12/27 and skunked...my buddy had 2 and the other one caught one. Water clarity looks good but the trout doesn't seem to be active.

profzim
12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I went today from about 2-4. The docks were packed, but there's where the majority of the action seemed to be. I talked to several people as they were leaving at about 4 pm, some were skunked, some had a couple, one guy (a regular) caught four at the third dock.

Power eggs seem to be the ticket. I did a lot more fishing than catching, based on my interviews I should probably be a fishing reporter as opposed to a fisherman :(

rballguru
12-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Just gotta know where to go and what to use. My buddy took his buddy's kid fishing there yesterday and they got 3 and one was a 5 pounder for his first fish ever on white/white combo. Love that place! Can still catch them even with stanley shoreline closed!

FoldCat81
12-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Just gotta know where to go and what to use. My buddy took his buddy's kid fishing there yesterday and they got 3 and one was a 5 pounder for his first fish ever on white/white combo. Love that place! Can still catch them even with stanley shoreline closed!

Not to take away from their fishing skills but I was told by a regular that "everyone" was catching them yesterday, due to the plant. Today was just a bad day, where I was every kind of bait and set up was being used and not even bite... But that is why its called fishing and not catching...

budhunter
12-31-2010, 08:57 AM
I went on wed & thur wed It was slow and windy about 1pm the stocking truck arrived and there must have been 50 cormaranths between the point and the second pier they had a field day but about an hour later I caught a 2lbr but that was it. Thur was crowded the guys on the point had 3 fish but thats all I saw caught but I didnt get there until 11am maybe I need to go down past the 2nd pier