PDA

View Full Version : Change In Rockfish Season

Jason
12-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Looks like the Fish and Game Commession might be changing the seasons for rockfish. If it goes through, the San Francisco Management Area, which includes Bodega Bay, will be from June 1 to December 31. This would overlap dungeness crab, which is good.

nitty917
01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Looks like the Fish and Game Commession might be changing the seasons for rockfish. If it goes through, the San Francisco Management Area, which includes Bodega Bay, will be from June 1 to December 31. This would overlap dungeness crab, which is good.

last i heard was it was delayed and to follow the old guidelines. was looking forward to crab/cod combo trips.

Jason
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, it is delayed for now. I should have been more specific, but I'm just hoping for the best.

GhostSlayer
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If they approve the proposed regulations, in addition to the June 1 - Dec. 31 season the Min. length for LingCod will go from 24" down to 22" min. limit.

MyPhoenix2301
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
That is the info provided to me by a DFG surveyor on my last trip to Port San Luis.

hotdog
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
THIS CAN'T BE. If they're increasing the season then, the groundfish stocks must be trending up which we know can't be happening without the MLPA's... right? Isn't that what we've been force-fed, all of the fish will go extinct without them?
Regs do work and the MLPA's are just political monuments that are being built out of the hides of fishermen (can I get an Amen). If the fish really mattered to them, they'd be building reefs out of the mothball fleet instead of selling them for scrap iron.

nitty917
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If they approve the proposed regulations, in addition to the June 1 - Dec. 31 season the Min. length for LingCod will go from 24" down to 22" min. limit.

that is what I read too. must be an abundance of lings? or lings eating everything? :cheesy:

bigeasy8240
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
THIS CAN'T BE. If they're increasing the season then, the groundfish stocks must be trending up which we know can't be happening without the MLPA's... right? Isn't that what we've been force-fed, all of the fish will go extinct without them?
Regs do work and the MLPA's are just political monuments that are being built out of the hides of fishermen (can I get an Amen). If the fish really mattered to them, they'd be building reefs out of the mothball fleet instead of selling them for scrap iron.

AMEN :iagree: Artificial Reefs right outside the gate in 200 feet of water up and down the coast would be a good thing! Keep speaking, I'm listening! :homersimpson: Did you say that "May" increase the rockfish population with that act alone?

bayslayer
02-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I heard that the decrease in size limit was being considered but would'nt come into effect this year.