PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot tomorrow!

FISHnTENNIS
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Im thinking about trying my luck at Lake Chabot for the first time of the year! anyone else thinking about going?

-Fishntennis

STRIPER_510
01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Goodluck out there tomorrow! Heard Indian Cove is a good spot.

reel-em-in
01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
was at chabot today for easy limits. dont forget your crawlers they were key to success today:grin:

FISHnTENNIS
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
was at chabot today for easy limits. dont forget your crawlers they were key to success today:grin:

hey what spot did you fish? you could pm if necessary thanks!!! =]

FriedKalamari
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM

seriously?? im suprised.

trout are wierd :smiley_crazy:

TroutGhost
01-13-2011, 11:12 PM
I heard they may have planted, although it didn't look like it when I was there last week.

LuckyIrishFan
01-14-2011, 04:21 AM
FNT, the best place to get some fish is either Raccoon Point, Coots Landing, Alder Point, or Bass Cove. Indian Cove is not what it used to be...its SLOWWWW!!! Trust me, I've been there the past few weeks, and hardly any fish. Good Luck and FISH ON:)!!!

FISHnTENNIS
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Fished for a very long time today, outcome 2 decent sized trout. caught between 7:20am-7:45am. The rest of the day was slowwww.

reel-em-in
01-15-2011, 10:26 PM
yeah yesterday was fishing for me also not quite catching. caught one in the three hours i was there.sorry brotha but one day they are there the next day they travel.saw a lot on stringers on the way out but a couple buddies of mine claim they went back later in the day and caught a few off power bait as soon as they got there and i have not talk to them to see how the rest of there evening went. sorry to be missleading but like i said easy limits the day before. funny how fast things change. going to bring kids out there monday and see if it gets any better. will report back to you and let you know how it goes.

RippinLipps
01-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I fished Chabot on thursday from 1pm-5 30 pm on a float tube around halfmoon bay, bass cove, and the dam. I trolled flies for about 2 1/2 hours for no bites using olive, black, white wooly buggers. I then tried fishing for bass for the remaining 3 hours or so and caught and released 3 BIG trout between 4-6lbs. I got 7-8 bites which i believe were all from trout but only got the 3 in. It seems to me that the bigger trout are very shallow and around structure. The fish are also scattered as I was getting a bite at almost every brush pile.

FriedKalamari
01-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I fished Chabot on thursday from 1pm-5 30 pm on a float tube around halfmoon bay, bass cove, and the dam. I trolled flies for about 2 1/2 hours for no bites using olive, black, white wooly buggers. I then tried fishing for bass for the remaining 3 hours or so and caught and released 3 BIG trout between 4-6lbs. I got 7-8 bites which i believe were all from trout but only got the 3 in. It seems to me that the bigger trout are very shallow and around structure. The fish are also scattered as I was getting a bite at almost every brush pile.

thats funny, what were you using for the "bass"

Texan211
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Went there on Saturday, didn't catch anything... Shorelines were packed...

tbruski
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
We were out there on Saturday. Trolled all the spots, Half Moon Bay was the best. 6 fish to the boat. 2@ 5lbs, lost one at the net same size. The fish were spread out all over the lake. We were using dodger/crawlers 1.2-1.5 mph 100 ft. setbacks. We tried firetiger raps for nada. Saw other boats using gold kastmasters doing well. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5218/chabot115012.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/chabot115012.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
Bruski

FISHnTENNIS
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
wow.. well great to hear all the news. Well Im going monday to just have a relaxing day and see how it goes. ill report back.