PDA

View Full Version : SHARK/RAYS...

DiamonBackHunter
09-02-2007, 12:15 PM
From sactown planning to take the family trip to the bay for shark and rays for fun..Anybody recommend a bank spot beside berkely pier or where is the graveyard spot everybody talking about...c'mon guys need help and input be appreciates

thanks
DBH

sas85
09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
CHeck your PM

gomezfish
09-03-2007, 03:27 PM
bolinas lagoon!!

EastBayAngler
09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Hagenburger off of 880 , Alameda Rockwall off of central , Pier 30 in SF/RedsJava ( Gaints Graveyard ), Martin Luther King JR. Park in San Leandro , Bay Farm Alameda , 7th st. in Oakland. ::) ::) ::)

That should keep you busy for awhile!!! ;D ;D ;D

Matt- 8-)

MontanaN8V
09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
There is no such thing as a leopard shark. It is a ficticious mythalogical being created to scare children into compliance. I am sure that what people are claiming to be leopards are bait fish, cropped, and enlarged to look like what we think is a leopard shark. The real fish that is being displayed is really only 1-2 cm in length. I have sought out the truth on this topic, and have yet to witness a leopard shark. Thinking of calling Myth Busters on this one. I think it ranks up there with the Loche Ness Monster. Just my opinion.

Foosdog
09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Huh? I don't get it.

MontanaN8V
09-04-2007, 08:27 AM
It was a joke. I have made three trips for Zero leopards. Just a little humor hinting that it might be a conspiracy.

EastBayAngler
09-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey Montana ;D ;D ;D That was good!!!...If your having a hard time finding them keep reading this board. ;)

Matt- 8-)

MontanaN8V
09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
I found them, had two solid hits, and one hooked up for a few seconds, just was not my time yet. Had the kids with me, and was more focused on them than my rod most of the time. I do not have them this weekend, so I can devote all day to it. I feel it coming!!!!!! zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz splash splash zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz 8-)

kromebrite
09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Bigfoot caught them all. ;)

smithstation
09-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Bigfoot caught them all. ;)

I think Nessy came through and ate most of them. ;D ;D

gomezfish
09-04-2007, 08:29 PM
It was a joke. *I have made three trips for Zero leopards. *Just a little humor hinting that it might be a conspiracy.

trust me it took me forever to finally figure out that fishing for leopards is simple , i went from no leopards to small ones off the rockwall to making the trip to bolinas for some big ones,,why you didnt catch any..im not so sure

MontanaN8V
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I took my ex girlfriend that is why. She is really cool to hang out with, loves the beach and fishing, but she is bad juju. Never catch anything with her. So next time, she stays, I go. Going tuna fishing Sunday, should be a hoot. But definately want to hook up on the leopards when our schedules match.

sikkwidditt
09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I found them, had two solid hits, and one hooked up for a few seconds, just was not my time yet. *Had the kids with me, and was more focused on them than my rod most of the time. *I do not have them this weekend, so I can devote all day to it. *I feel it coming!!!!!! zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz *splash splash zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz *8-)
same here, coz most of the time I go fishing, I always focus on my kids...kinda hard, but on the other hand, I want them to experience catching a fish.........I might go on the bay farm, looking for catch and release..leopards or rays....is there any sturgeon reported around alameda ever caught before??

ric1ric
09-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Hey Montana check out this link,

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1188936856

MontanaN8V
09-05-2007, 05:34 AM
yeah, they have them stacked up like chord wood. My time is comming.

MontanaN8V
09-05-2007, 05:38 AM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5187/eagleoo0.th.png (http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eagleoo0.png)

Patiently waitiing my time for the sharkies..

ric1ric
09-05-2007, 06:05 AM
You'll get them, Tattoo and Mike have spent some serious time hunting them and they have a boat, but they slay them now almost everytime. Keep an eye out for anything Smeja says about sharks or try to hook up with him, he fishes the shore, and scores heavy there. I think the places most of these guys fish are not beaches or kid friendly. Most hike to them over slippery slimy rocks or at least the places I've heard of.

gomezfish
09-05-2007, 07:04 AM
yea smeja ..hes good

Smeja
09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
haha, thanks guys. i've put in the hours and spent more then my share of money chasing sharks. early this year when i drove 2 hours and spent $500 on roe it was at that point i knew i had a problem....

shark fishing has been really really good this year. theres no doubt about it. my last 10 or 11 trips have produced limits all over 50'' the biggest was 62''. Mostly Catch and Release.

Shark fishing will only be getting better from here on out. Theres some good tides next week and the sharks are starting to move in closer. SPB started to get good this week. It'll be on fire in another few weeks.

EastBayAngler
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
My buddy Richard from Sacramento caught 3 yesterday to 50" from the bank. Oakland airport area!

Hope that helps. I'd post his pics that he sent me ,but there on my phone and I have no way of uploading pics from my phone :(

Anywhoo- Oakland airport! Roe/Squid

Matt- 8-)

Fish_R_Us
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Do you guys really want a taste of craziness? If so, here's what you do.

Go down to the Asian Market and get yourself 2 lbs (about 2 pints) of pork blood for $3. Go to your favorite shark hole and place the blood into a quart ziplock bag. Get your hoop crab net and tie this blood bag to the bottom (not top) of your crabnet. Take a pin and prick the bag. Not a big hole, just enough to milk the blood slowly into the water. You want it to last a couple hours. Now throw in your crabnet into the water during low (slack) tide and let it milk. Wait till the incoming tide tide gets moving and get ready for some real action. You may be suprised what may be coming over to pay you a visit.

I'm not gonna tell you what happened to us, but you should get your SL500 Jigmaster and pole and wait for a ride. Please don't use your whimpy spinning reel unless it's a big saltwater Quick. Make sure you have full spool or you might be sorry.

So try it and let me know. We can compare notes at that time.

So have a nice time and Happy Shark'in, Ha Ha.

Have a good one guys. Tell 'em you heard it here.

gomezfish
09-06-2007, 06:51 PM
you know whats even crazier? do exactly what he ^^ just said except do it at stinson beach but swim in the water instead of fish it!
jp!

what part of the airport are yal talkin bout? just save me the time by guiing me in a direction , i usally fish on the weekdays so traffic is prety heavy and time is valuble(tides) is it the south of the airport( davis st)? i dont mind a hike! everytime i go to the rockwall i go to the end of it (thats where i catch the most) .do i hop te fence to the airport?(post 911?)will i get shot @

MontanaN8V
09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I wont shoot Gomez..

gomezfish
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM
;)

gomezfish
09-06-2007, 08:59 PM
this could be you montana real soon!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/bigshark-1.jpg

MontanaN8V
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
NOt sure I want you to hold me and look at me like that. :'(

EastBayAngler
09-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Do you guys really want a taste of craziness? If so, here's what you do.

Go down to the Asian Market and get yourself 2 lbs (about 2 pints) of pork blood for $3. Go to your favorite shark hole and place the blood into a quart ziplock bag. Get your hoop crab net and tie this blood bag to the bottom (not top) of your crabnet. Take a pin and prick the bag. Not a big hole, just enough to milk the blood slowly into the water. You want it to last a couple hours. Now throw in your crabnet into the water during low (slack) tide and let it milk. Wait till the incoming tide tide gets moving and get ready for some real action. You may be suprised what may be coming over to pay you a visit.

I'm not gonna tell you what happened to us, but you should get your SL500 Jigmaster and pole and wait for a ride. Please don't use your whimpy spinning reel unless it's a big saltwater Quick. Make sure you have full spool or you might be sorry.

So try it and let me know. We can compare notes at that time.

So have a nice time and Happy Shark'in, Ha Ha.

Have a good one guys. Tell 'em you heard it here.

I love the new take on chumming...Thats too cool and I will definatly try that out and give all the props to you of course ;D ;D ;D

I use the PVC slinger :D Or a slick! But never a bag of pigs blood under a crab net!

Q: Did your crab net survive???

Matt- 8-)

Fish_R_Us
09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
EastBayAngler,

The crabnet survived with flying colors. The fish seemed to be attracted by the blood but shifted their attention to the baited rigs that the guys casted out. I would guess that if there were no baited rigs or lures present, they would zero in on the net and probably thrash it a bit.

Give it a try and see what comes by to check things out.

Happy Shark'in.

MontanaN8V
09-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Thinkin here, would a milk jug with a rope tied to it work you think? Just jab a few small holes in it?

gomezfish
09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
try it!! ;)

MontanaN8V
09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Called Gomezfish earlier, all I heard was, let it go it will break your line!. He called back and said they were at the airport, for like an hour, and hooked up a bunch of rays. Some of the crew going for more bait. Man, this guy is hardcore fisherman. Look forward to a post of the rest of the day man, and see you this weekend!

EastBayAngler
09-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Airport area is doing real well right now and will continue to produce as the large females come in.

Good luck out there guys! Dont forget the roe this weekend ;)

Matt- 8-)

gomezfish
09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
hahahaha. my skinny ass cousin set the hook and it dam near pulled his ass in the water, i had to grab himbefore he went in, we caught 6 rays and 3 sharks, 1 shark was just a few inches under 3 feet, we had fun though..killed a 24 pack between 3 of s then went to el torito for happy hour , got some bad service so we ___________________________. ;D

a great day of fishing though, smeja pointed me out that way, ive yet to find my hole though!

i thought about getting closer to the airport in the estuarie , thought there might be some big ones in there , i might try next time!

you guys need pictures of undersized sharks and rays? pics of my cousin mooning airplanes? ;D

MontanaN8V
09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
That is some funny stuff. Wait til Saturday, my 6 year old boy is hell bent on reeling in a shark, he is 50 pounds. Dad might have to hold the pole and let him crank. He did catch two kings by himself two years ago, the second one pulled him into the drink, had to catch him. But I was proud, one jack about 8 and a buck around 15.

Rivet
09-11-2007, 08:55 PM
use a sturgeon rig (yellow package one) with sliding sinker and squid for bait (safeway, frozen 3 Lbs for $5.99). set the drag nice and loose and wait a lil while. i catch rays and sharks all the time this way. if the kids will be fishing also i recomend sierra pt. pier. the leps average 26" and you can also catch small 7 gills and rays in the 20 to 50 lbs range consistently.

here is one i cought last friday, 47 inches.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t217/saturntech/DSC00014.jpg

MontanaN8V
09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks Rivet! Good info, where is sierra point? Always looking for a spot to take the kids.

Rivet
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks Rivet! *Good info, where is sierra point? *Always looking for a spot to take the kids.

head south on 101 and take the sierra pt exit go straight down the road till it ends at the marina and hang a left till you get to the end of the parking lot.

it is a small pier with lots of regulars there. if you see a big guy with wearing all black with red hair that would be me.

MontanaN8V
09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Will do, might be a few weeks, but will make it. I am a tall dude, hel for stout, and brown hair. Will have a little red hair girl and a dirty blonde hair little boy. Kids will be looking like they just got to Disneyland.