PDA

View Full Version : Double skunk for me :(

duck0311
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Launched out of Brannan early saturday to battle some fog. Finally found a spot maybe near buoy 21 or so? couldn't tell was too far. I fell asleep and was awaken to my buddy yelling at me reel was screaming for like a good 10 seconds when i woke up LOL. Tried to set it and nothing :( stayed very attentive rest of the day but got nothing. My buddy got a nice 24 inch striper but nothing else. Headed out Sunday just me and the dog got a late start was on the water around 1130 or so. I was having a hell of a time getting the anchor to set if you were near the powerlines you probably saw me. I must have tried 4-5 times till i said **** it and went to the west side. I am using a 100 ft rope and was trying to anchor up in 40 ft of water not enough rope??? Either way skunked that day too had a few "pumps" but nothing on the other end was gettin hit on ghost shrimp alot. From 400-430 I had alot of action was trying my damndest to get a fish in the boat as brannan closes at 500 on sunday :( Anyone know of a launch near riovista area that doesn't close at 5 on a sunday? Had to leave as the buite was picking up pissed me off but oh well.

shakintip
01-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I think Sandy Beach is 24 hours? What boat were you in at the powerlines?

Angry Sturgeon
01-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Launched out of Brannan early saturday to battle some fog. Finally found a spot maybe near buoy 21 or so? couldn't tell was too far. I fell asleep and was awaken to my buddy yelling at me reel was screaming for like a good 10 seconds when i woke up LOL. Tried to set it and nothing :( stayed very attentive rest of the day but got nothing. My buddy got a nice 24 inch striper but nothing else. Headed out Sunday just me and the dog got a late start was on the water around 1130 or so. I was having a hell of a time getting the anchor to set if you were near the powerlines you probably saw me. I must have tried 4-5 times till i said **** it and went to the west side. I am using a 100 ft rope and was trying to anchor up in 40 ft of water not enough rope??? Either way skunked that day too had a few "pumps" but nothing on the other end was gettin hit on ghost shrimp alot. From 400-430 I had alot of action was trying my damndest to get a fish in the boat as brannan closes at 500 on sunday :( Anyone know of a launch near riovista area that doesn't close at 5 on a sunday? Had to leave as the buite was picking up pissed me off but oh well.

There is a ramp just down from the bridge on the rio bait shop side.

duck0311
01-25-2011, 12:23 AM
I was in the 18 foot Tracker grey with black decals. 2 guys and a dog :)

StikMan Modesto CA
01-25-2011, 02:55 AM
There is a 24 hour boat launch about 100 ft from bait store. As far as your anchor issue make sure you let it down slowly so it doesn;t foul up on you and for best results use 6 foot of heavy chain between rope and anchor. StikMan

Reel Fun
01-25-2011, 07:46 AM
They say 3 times the rope......40 ft deep x 3 ===120 ft of rope. Or a Box Anchor ($125)

RF

SF21
01-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Dont feel bad i got skunked twice this last weekend at two different lakes the same day.

duck0311
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
I am thinking something on the east side of that river didn't want me over there.... Moved above the powerlines couple hundred yards on the west side in 32 ft of water and anchored just fine. I was seriously aggravated with the issue LOL. :wallbash: