PDA

View Full Version : Halibutt tomorrow!!!

Thunderr_Crew
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi guys,

I just washed down the boat and got it all ready for tomorrow morning. I'm planning on doing some halibut fishing with live anchovies and wanted some suggestions. Where should I fish at out of the bay or even out of the gate? I'm still trying to catch a keeper halibut and it has been 2 years now. I've searched the forums and it seems like it's pretty decent around Pt Bonita and perhaps around baker beach area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

btw, we will be drifting and not trolling.

Big_Easy
09-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Alcatraz! ;)

LookInTheWaterSon
09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Got half a scoop in Berkely ran just outside the breakwater and took a left to the first bouy. Started the drift and ten minutes later 24" and 34" in the box. Weather got rough so we called it early. Cleaned em' and waiting for the dinner bell to ring!

Thunderr_Crew
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Wheres the breakwater?

LookInTheWaterSon
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Right at the entrance to the Berkeley Marina. It's the thing that beeps every 30 seconds, driving the pier fishermen mad!! When it's calm and the water is clear the bite turns on, Try incoming tides, usually cleaner water.

Klamdog
09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
How long does the halibut bite in the bay usually last? *Through Sept., Oct.? *Or is there an actual season ending date? *Thanks!