PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes FEB 1,3

youngling
02-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Fished Quarry Lakes on Tues morning and limited out by 0730. All fish were of 1lb range. Fished again on Thurs morning and was slower today than last time. Only caught 2 in the 1lb range as well. Angler next to me caught two 3lbers and I missed 5 bites two of which my leader line broke. Well I left by 0830.
Later that day I heard from a friend that the person who took my spot caught an 8lber 30mins after I left. So I decided to go back and fish that spot for the sunset bite. I got back to the lake around 1600 and a lot of anglers were getting bites but no hook-up. Around 1700 I changed my bait color to orange PW/lemon-lime PE and cast far. Minutes later I get a bite and set the hook. This one felt kinda heavy and was pulling my drag right away! I tried to steer the fish to my right since it was clear but it was too late. It tangled both lines to the angler on my left who was about 20 feet away from me. By the time it was netted it was a all tangled up. I was more guilty than happy since it took the angler's lines out of commission for 15mins to untangle and retie his set-up. Props to that angler that kept his cool and did not make a big deal out of it. We weighed the fish with both spring and digital scale and it came up to 6lbs.

Fish ON!

Benzo
02-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice catch Matt, congrats on the 6#r! Thanks for the great report and pics:wow_2:

RideNfish
02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Good story and your stubbornness paid off :fishhead:
Like the family pic shot. Your kids are telling us, "IN YOUR FACE!" hehe

FriedKalamari
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
HAHA love the pic, that trout is bigger than the little girl.

nice catch man

hulenjohnson
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Fished Quarry Lakes on Tues morning and limited out by 0730. All fish were of 1lb range. Fished again on Thurs morning and was slower today than last time. Only caught 2 in the 1lb range as well. Angler next to me caught two 3lbers and I missed 5 bites two of which my leader line broke. Well I left by 0830.
Later that day I heard from a friend that the person who took my spot caught an 8lber 30mins after I left. So I decided to go back and fish that spot for the sunset bite. I got back to the lake around 1600 and a lot of anglers were getting bites but no hook-up. Around 1700 I changed my bait color to orange PW/lemon-lime PE and cast far. Minutes later I get a bite and set the hook. This one felt kinda heavy and was pulling my drag right away! I tried to steer the fish to my right since it was clear but it was too late. It tangled both lines to the angler on my left who was about 20 feet away from me. By the time it was netted it was a all tangled up. I was more guilty than happy since it took the angler's lines out of commission for 15mins to untangle and retie his set-up. Props to that angler that kept his cool and did not make a big deal out of it. We weighed the fish with both spring and digital scale and it came up to 6lbs.

Fish ON!
Congrats matt. I pulled a 330 again so i couldn't make it out there hahah. Next time though

gcabral
02-04-2011, 08:24 AM
nice work! i'm gonna head out there next week i hope. had a busy week this week and couldn't make it out.

theonlywall
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Those pictures are awesome...

skunkfordays
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
nice fish! still waiting to catch a big one in quarry! ill probably go sometime next week!

Mr_Lake_Chabot
02-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Alright matt pm me and tell me what is the hot spot right now please I haven't been to quarry since me and jeff met you there a month or so ago