PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 2-5 SLOW

Trout Tracker
02-06-2011, 04:58 AM
When i pulled up to the gate yesterday it was the first time my boat has been inspected for the mussel thing.Usually i pay my fee,hand the guy my inspection form and go.
After getting the boat ready i met stones fan (stoney) in the parking lot and chatted for a few.Stoney,it was great meeting you.
On the water about 7:15 and headed to the center of the lake towards Hat.
one pole hot steel f-9 the other sling blade/crawler.Got a few bumps on the hot steel but nothing would stick.
The wind came up so i headed back to the N.shore cove where i came across a family of 6 that had broke down just outside the bouy markers.
After i towed them back to the docks i decided to hit the narrows to get away from the wind.
Went to the bridge and trolled back towards the main lake and found a cove to the right that looked promiseing.
Made several passes and boated 2 fish on a wonderbread dodger/crawler.
I ended up catching a total of 5 and boated 2 that i felt were keepers.
Came off the water about 4pm and glad i did cause it got windy.
Long day on the water for 2 fish but had a great time.
TT

fis-n-fool
02-06-2011, 05:10 AM
me and fishingfan where up in that area we got 9 fish to 4 lbs on grubs and f-7s

*Deltadog*
02-06-2011, 05:16 AM
I think this time of year bank fishing is the most productive method at Camanche.

Koke Machine83
02-06-2011, 07:38 AM
TT: You made some bonus points, up stairs for helping those folks out. Sorry to hear about the slow day. The water temp is the big thing now. Slow down even more now. Heard the water temp was around the 48 degrees. That's pretty cool for those trout. Grubs and crawlers at 1.2 to 1.6 would be as fast as i would go now. Congrats for sticking it out and good luck on your next adventure...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

ibanezax
02-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Slow?? How about "Not Happening"!, I spent about 3 hours float by the south ramp for nada. The group I was with had 4 bites and 2 fish landed. Bankers were doing better I saw 5 fish caught by bankies. Great time on the water though!

fishingfan
02-07-2011, 09:21 PM
me and fishingfan where up in that area we got 9 fish to 4 lbs on grubs and f-7s

Well, since fis-n-fool already said it... Here's just some pictures of the :fishing1::9997dp::party-smiley-0201::vrolijk_26::banana:

Sun's coming up somewhere...

Come here fishy fishy!!! (fis-n-fool reeling one in while I "try" to net it)

The trophies.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention but this was on 02/05/2011...