PDA

View Full Version : PW/PE Combo

rganitano
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Migrating from just plain power bait and nightcrawlers and trying out the hype behind the PW/PE combos for trout. Can you guys provide a picture of your setup? hook size? worm size? etc. that related to PW/PE combos. Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!
-RG

mojo209
02-11-2011, 07:11 PM
the setup I use is 1/2 oz or 3/4 oz sliding sinker, then tie on a swivel attach a 2 to 3 foot leader tie on a sz 8 0r 10 mosquito owner hook , put the power worm first wacky style then the power egg spray some garlic and ur ready to catchem. oh yah when u have your pole on the pole holder put a wieghted bobber on the line between the 4th and 5th guides and let it hang about 2 ft. it helps you know when your getting a bite and when the fish is taking line it won't feel any pressure, sorry no pics but next time im out ill take one

rganitano
02-14-2011, 07:44 AM
the setup I use is 1/2 oz or 3/4 oz sliding sinker, then tie on a swivel attach a 2 to 3 foot leader tie on a sz 8 0r 10 mosquito owner hook , put the power worm first wacky style then the power egg spray some garlic and ur ready to catchem. oh yah when u have your pole on the pole holder put a wieghted bobber on the line between the 4th and 5th guides and let it hang about 2 ft. it helps you know when your getting a bite and when the fish is taking line it won't feel any pressure, sorry no pics but next time im out ill take one

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by "wacky style"? Also, does it matter which goes on hook first PE, then PW or PW, then PE?

cowboyup03
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
it means hooking it thro the middle of the worm is a bass fishing kind of thing

Plug-n-Jug
02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by "wacky style"? Also, does it matter which goes on hook first PE, then PW or PW, then PE?
Wacky style is Running the hook through the middle of the worm so both ends are free to move rather than threading it up the hook and line. I put a egg on then wacky the worm and then another egg.

rganitano
02-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Wacky style is Running the hook through the middle of the worm so both ends are free to move rather than threading it up the hook and line. I put a egg on then wacky the worm and then another egg.

OIC, thank you all.

-RG

HDnRibs
02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Here are some pictures of the way I rig the wacky PW, PE combo on a single salmon egg hook. Some times we will also rig with a treble hook. Either way seems to work just fine.
Hope it helps.368636853687

And yes, I do usually make the leader a little longer!
http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/misc/pencil.png

rganitano
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Here are some pictures of the way I rig the wacky PW, PE combo on a single salmon egg hook. Some times we will also rig with a treble hook. Either way seems to work just fine.

Thanks so much, pictures are worth a thousand words!

Cheers!
-Ron

ljse34
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks so much, pictures are worth a thousand words!

Cheers!
-Ron

I was wondering what wacky style meant too.

Another question, I know that a white PW and green PE a popular combination is. Are the green power eggs the lemon/lime ones? Those the greenest I could find.

mojo209
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
yea its the lemon lime ones, but the ones that work for me is the yellow power eggs and garlic spray

FISHnTENNIS
02-16-2011, 08:55 PM

With your set up dont you tend to lose alot of fish due to the fact that the egg is in the way of the hook? Not allowing you to set the hook.

HDnRibs
02-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Nope, not a problem missing fish. If anything, they tend to swallow the whole setup. the eggs are very soft and do not interfere with the hook. This is not a rig for catch & release.

mojo209
02-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Nope, not a problem missing fish. If anything, they tend to swallow the whole setup. the eggs are very soft and do not interfere with the hook. This is not a rig for catch & release.

+1 very true