PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 2/17 Wild and Crazy....

Koke Machine83
02-17-2011, 06:37 PM
I got a great invite from Dennis, in his beautiful Duckworth. We were going to go yesterday, but the weather was Awful. So Dennis picks me up at 5:15am and we head for the Lake. We get to gate and Aaron was waiting for us. We launched and put out a couple of rods. As it gets lighter, we had two more poles. I put on a Pearl White Grub and one of Dennis Home made ones. As we get to the Rockwall i get hit. Released a nice rainbow. As i was putting it back out. Slammed again. So over the next few hours i was way up on Dennis. Then things slowed down. I switched up to a Bright White Grub and it get slammed. So, Dennis followed. Then my side goes dead. Now Dennis is on Fire. Now its about even. We ended the day with at least 10 - 12 Fish, Released and countless grabs, that didn't stick. We caught them off the downriggers and on Top. Downriggers were set at 6' & 8'. Shad gel was the scent of the day... Forgot to mention, The big one got away... As we were cleaning up to leave... Dennis's top rod starts screaming... I picked it up cause Dennis was putting things away. Cleared all lines, gets about 15' from the boat, Does some head shakes and comes off. Looked to be in the 4 to 5 lbs class. We'll catch him another time...

Weather Report: Going to be only .25" of rain and light wind, up to 12 mph. Well, that didn't happen. Wind up to 30 mph and i guess about 2" of rain fell, just in the boat. When we got back to the ramp at 3:30, we were to Soaked Rats... There was a river coming down the ramp. We both said to each other, What a Awesome day... One to Remember. Thank You very very much for taking me out on the Lake with that great Duck... Heater was Awesome. Just a few pictures on Dennis Camera, It was raining to much to keep them out. Until Next Time...

Robbie & Dennis (Duckworth Machine)...

Hof
02-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice report Koke Machine. Hope you got your land legs back. 30 mph winds must have rocked the boat pretty well.

Hof

buckman78
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
wow, sounds like a great day. i really enjoy fishing in the rain on the river. if i had a fully enclosed boat i would be out more.
were there other boats out there in the craziness! i would think 30 mph winds would be pusin it, haha. at what point would you call it a day?
and thanks for the report!

Trout Tracker
02-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Robbie.
Sounds like you are enjoying your time off.Glad to hear your getting some fishing in and thank you for the report.I'm waiting for a nice weather day before i hit Camanche again.
TT

scnt junky
02-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Robbie congrats on the fish,way to brave the weather. Might try next week the kids are out of school and want to take a couple of friends fishing. Could get interesting 2 adults 4 kids 8-10. Thanks again for the report.

Koke Machine83
02-18-2011, 10:06 AM
buckman78: There were three (3) other boats out. They left a lot earlier, than we did. As for us calling it a day, NO WAY!!!! We still had a great time... Fish didn't seam to mind either. 20+ grabs and 10 or 12 fish to the boat. Trip of a Life time...

scnt junky: Good Luck to you and your next trip... WOW!!! Sounds like a boat load. Your going to have your hands full. Hope you find the fish, to keep the kids busy!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Berryessa Kid
02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Nice story Robbie. Sounds like a good time. Wet but good:happy: Glad you and Dennis got into em. Looks like it's going to be a good year water wise. Steve.