PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Opener

GNappers
02-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Got to the lake at 9 and even though the weather was bad there seemed to be a lot more people then last year and a lot more water then I saw all of last year. Stopped at the first cove and nobody was catching, moved to the bridge cove and saw some small trout on stringers. Fished there for about 20 minutes and didn't see any fish caught. I then headed across the lake and walked past 4-5 fisherman who had a few trout each. Finally set up about a mile down the shore. 1st fish was a 2 pounder caught on a blue fox at 11:30. The fish hammered the lure and it was in it's throat. Moved back to where I had seen some guys with a few nice trout on their stringer and caught my second fish (1.5 pounds) on rainbow power bait with a small weight and short leader. This fish was caught around 2 and the 3rd and final for me a small 8 inch fish came around 3. All fish hit close to shore, a boat in the area I caught the 2 had anchored and cast towards the shore. Not the opener I had hoped for since I caught 15 fish around 18 inches last year all on jigs and lures, but at least I finally got my license and put it to use. Hopefully other people had a better day then me, the best part of the day was getting back to the car, changing and blasting the heater. I hope they plant some bigger fish and more water can be let out so the coves are easier to fish.

bee
02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the report. i wanted to hit up opening weekend but i doubt thats going to happen with my schedule. see you out there some time.

Jfitalia
02-19-2011, 12:30 AM
yeah my buddy fished it today as well and said most of the fish came on PB cause of the water clarity and that they were all small. They only stocked DFG however there were suppose to have a private hatchery stock some friday but they never showed up. I for one hope the lake level doesnt drop because the lake fishes better when the water is up especially in Rec Cove

B-RAN
02-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Man was that a fun/fustrating opener!! Caught all my fish on mini jigs and KMs.. We fished on the bank to the left of the boat launch. I mostly caught and released my fish, I only kept 3 nice ones. It would have been awesome exept for some fat dude yelling at my friends for crossing his line "f$@%ken a$$@ole learn how to cast, you guys are idiots!!" .. That stuff was totally unnessicary. Just glad pops wasn't there, that woulda been bad LOL .. F&g came and put 3 loads in of mostly all 2lbrs and not only were the f&g planting they were regulating, they had a female f&g officer with a male amador sheireff checking everyones licenses. Good opener but too many jerks out there. Good luck to anyone that hits it up.

Get Bent MARK
02-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Man was that a fun/fustrating opener!! Caught all my fish on mini jigs and KMs.. We fished on the bank to the left of the boat launch. I mostly caught and released my fish, I only kept 3 nice ones. It would have been awesome exept for some fat dude yelling at my friends for crossing his line "f$@%ken a$$@ole learn how to cast, you guys are idiots!!" .. That stuff was totally unnessicary. Just glad pops wasn't there, that woulda been bad LOL .. F&g came and put 3 loads in of mostly all 2lbrs and not only were the f&g planting they were regulating, they had a female f&g officer with a male amador sheireff checking everyones licenses. Good opener but too many jerks out there. Good luck to anyone that hits it up.

It's always entertaining watching people yelling at others knowing it's going to be a zoo and not everyone is the perfect caster. Nimbus was always fun just to watch people fight over half dead salmon.
I for one fish Pardee a lot but not on the opener. I'm not thrilled about catching freshly planted "truck trout". I tend to head up river and go after some hold overs trolling grubs, raps, dodger/crawler combo. No crowds to contend with and after, head back to ramp and watch the show!!! Laugh myself silly!!!!!!!!!:bananachaga::bananachaga:

Mark

Jfitalia
02-19-2011, 08:38 AM
It's always entertaining watching people yelling at others knowing it's going to be a zoo and not everyone is the perfect caster. Nimbus was always fun just to watch people fight over half dead salmon.
I for one fish Pardee a lot but not on the opener. I'm not thrilled about catching freshly planted "truck trout". I tend to head up river and go after some hold overs trolling grubs, raps, dodger/crawler combo. No crowds to contend with and after, head back to ramp and watch the show!!! Laugh myself silly!!!!!!!!!:bananachaga::bananachaga:

Mark

Yeah I think most would have it your way except not all of us are blessed with boats :-(

mariahpup
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Hit the opener at Pardee on Friday...not near as many folks as last year and lots more water...gave the fish a much better chance and cut down on the slaughter by the combat fishermen....I fished the far inlet by the Porcupine lot...nice folks around me and plenty of space..fish were there but you had to work a bit...that was refreshing...people seemed to appreciate their catch and get a bit excited when folks had fish on...heavy rain did not start til around 10ish...I fished til noon...C/R a bunch and kept 4 for my sister...all nice fish just not huge...the bank had really thinned out in all the usual crowded spots by then which leads me to believe that fishing was a little more challenging than a lot of the opening day meat hunters were willing to deal with...
There should be plenty of fish aroung for the weekend as I saw 3 trucks, and my neighbor said there were actually 4, dump fish at the boat ramp...
Good luck to all...just work a little and you will find the elusive little devils...power bait off the bottom...for me it was (Green Gulp..Super Bowl winnings from a dear friend on this board, and a pink power worm on #14 treble hook) Luck to All Mariahpup

GNappers
02-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Just ate some smoked trout, with my homemade brine. Gonna have to hit up Pardee or maybe Amador next week if it is still raining, no work. I heard the bite early was good, I couldn't find any open space on the shore on the Rec side, B-Ran was everyone nailing the trout? Talked to 3-4 boaters and they were having a tough time, saw many boats pull over and fish the shore. I think next time I may try and walk farther to see if I can reach the river. Has anyone walked it and how far is that?

cheeseman
02-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Got there around 0600 hrs and found most of the bank lined with people, my buddy and his 3 kids decided to fish in a small cove directly across from boat house while I walked down to the end by the floating bathroom. Threw out some green power bait and a silver cast master and bam fish on! actually stop using bait because I didn't want to finish to early:grin: fish were hitting about 8 ft off the shorline and were really healthy, firm solid fish about 2-3lbs and bigger. Fish gold and silver castmasters till I limited out (game warden wactching, she even told me what time I finished) then call my buddy over and he limited on my rod. kids came and we finish the day with 22 fish between 5 people with lots of fish released. Would have had my limit by 7 but with a 2 hr drive up and back had to stretch it a bit. small pole, reel and good size fish equals a great day with little sprinkles thrown in just to cool you off

PinoyFisher209
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Went Yesterday for 3 (4lb,2lb,1.5lber). Had 1 on rainbow Powerbait and the other 2 on grubs. My Friend and my GF only managed 1 between them on Kastmaster but they hooked up on 6 of them but got away right away. Most of their hook ups was in the inlet cove in the middle where the bridge takes you to the island is. I caught 1 at the Dam, 1 at a cove, and 1 in the inlet. Saw plenty of fish caught but it seems like the spot makes the biggest difference. Not a ton of combat fishing (Only 1 line crossed all day) So it was ok. Not as good as last Opener but not as crowded as last year either.

WesternStriper
02-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Fish it on SAT. 19. Not that crwoded but no room to get in. So we headed east to the other side were there are less people... First cast in 15 second in the water for the first fish. My first time at lake pretty and night crawler seem are not favorable than at amador. GL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezncEvJl8E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezncEvJl8E)

Jfitalia
02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
nice video!

CRABBY
02-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Great post an video,WS,next time show more of your son an his happy face as Dad catches the fish...we all love kids an the happiness they express,innocence at it's best...Don

cheeseman
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
great Videohttp://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon14.png

Wildcat
02-20-2011, 10:55 PM

Mark

All trout at Pardee are "truck trout", even the ones you troll for.

Jfitalia
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
All trout at Pardee are "truck trout", even the ones you troll for.

+++++1! Even the holdovers were dropped out of the truck, although they do fight and taste better than the fresh planters.

WesternStriper
02-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Great post an video,WS,next time show more of your son an his happy face as Dad catches the fish...we all love kids an the happiness they express,innocence at it's best...Don

Thanks Don... I will do that as possible as I can. All kid should enjoy trout fishing. He was excited and the little one was asking his father to go fishing... By the way they are my nephew... :grin: But thank you all and good luck fishing lake pardee. :thumbup:

Fishbucket
02-21-2011, 08:10 AM
The sounds of the kids screams " get it" "whoo" "catchit" is AWESOME !

MontanaN8V
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
We got there around 7, was going to launch kayak, but brought the kids. We fished the cove to the right of the ramp, it was crowded, so we went closer to the shallow end where there was no pressure. I hooked a dandy on a panther martin, and let my boy reel it in. Then my daughter hooks one, then another one, then the jerks started moving in on us. I made several comments that the kids are fishing, and cannot cast well, and there is lots of space to either side, but they did not care. The gang banger punks kept casting over my boy's line, trying to reach deeper water. They hooked a fish, and lost it because they were caught up in his line. I was happy. We would reel in the lines to untangle the rat nest, and I would just cut theirs, every time. They were standing five feet away from Cody, and there was literally fifty feet they had open to themselves, they just saw us catching fish. I pulled out my ocean rod with 80 pound braid, and started using that one. They kept talkin smack, and I asked them if it was really worth all the frenzy for truck trout? We left around noon with four fish for the three of us, and a renewed reminder why I hate shore fishing when it is combat style. Seriously, what are we teaching our kids by doing this?
On a brighter note, I did see lot's of fish caught. The planter trucks would dump a load, and like clockwork, ten minutes after the bite turned on. (or, the fish swam close to the fishermen) There were people fishing several dif types of lures, baits, and all seemed to be catching fish. We used power eggs under a bobber, panther martin spinners, and kastmasters. We had bites on all of them.
I will be back to Pardee, but not on shore.

Reel Fun
02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Man.... I hate gang banging,pos,hat sideways, pants around their a$?,using made up words, waste of air breathing punks!!!! I like to put a boot in their a$$ every chance I get!!!! They hate me because I put them on the spot in front of everybody!!!! Sucks you had to deal with that....they should not let them in!!!! Make a rule.....gangbangers not allowed period!!!

RF

Jfitalia
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
We got there around 7, was going to launch kayak, but brought the kids. We fished the cove to the right of the ramp, it was crowded, so we went closer to the shallow end where there was no pressure. I hooked a dandy on a panther martin, and let my boy reel it in. Then my daughter hooks one, then another one, then the jerks started moving in on us. I made several comments that the kids are fishing, and cannot cast well, and there is lots of space to either side, but they did not care. The gang banger punks kept casting over my boy's line, trying to reach deeper water. They hooked a fish, and lost it because they were caught up in his line. I was happy. We would reel in the lines to untangle the rat nest, and I would just cut theirs, every time. They were standing five feet away from Cody, and there was literally fifty feet they had open to themselves, they just saw us catching fish. I pulled out my ocean rod with 80 pound braid, and started using that one. They kept talkin smack, and I asked them if it was really worth all the frenzy for truck trout? We left around noon with four fish for the three of us, and a renewed reminder why I hate shore fishing when it is combat style. Seriously, what are we teaching our kids by doing this?
On a brighter note, I did see lot's of fish caught. The planter trucks would dump a load, and like clockwork, ten minutes after the bite turned on. (or, the fish swam close to the fishermen) There were people fishing several dif types of lures, baits, and all seemed to be catching fish. We used power eggs under a bobber, panther martin spinners, and kastmasters. We had bites on all of them.
I will be back to Pardee, but not on shore.

Oh man sorry to hear about that! Next just park at the spillway and 100yds down and you have plenty of room! I was trying to get a family with kids to fish right next to me just so I could help get them on fish! However the dad was really nice and didn't want to crowd us with his kids.