PDA

View Full Version : Help fishing Del Valle from Bank

TheGreatBasshole
02-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I am tired of going to shadow cliffs empty handed and coming home empty handed. Are there any tips for fishing lake del valle?

ryanerb
02-21-2011, 12:13 AM
I am tired of going to shadow cliffs empty handed and coming home empty handed. Are there any tips for fishing lake del valle?

i went to shadow cliffs today and my group got 5 from shore with nightcrawlers. Definitely go after a stocking. I saw quite a few people catching fish.

Del valle can be tough at times too!

What have you been trying?

Ryan

FriedKalamari
02-21-2011, 01:17 AM
what are u fishing with in detail?

bait
weight
line
leader length

TheGreatBasshole
02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Well I've never been to del Valle, but I'm going to try for the first time. At shadow cliffs, I used rainbow powerbait, 1/2ounce sliding sinker on 3 1/2 ft leader. Is there a certain spot at del Valle I should fish from?

FriedKalamari
02-22-2011, 01:19 AM
1/2oz or less even should work, try a shorter leader...no need for 3.5ft, something like 18-24" will work. make sure ur line is no heavier than 6lb, i prefer 4lb flourocarbon.

Everyone these days is using powereggs and power worms. u can take one power egg put it on the hook, then hook the power worm in the middle, followed by another power egg. or ive had success using blown up nightcrawlers with the power eggs. for colors, cant ever go wrong with white!

hope that helps good luck

TheGreatBasshole
06-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Alright guys, going to try this Tuesday. Where is a good location at the lake to try from shore? Is 630 early enough? And will kastmasters or panther martins work?

JwG
06-12-2011, 06:00 AM
I sent you a novel via PM. Ha,ha

Good luck & "Hook 'em".

JPFX
06-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I fished there a few years back with a local who had banked fished there for over 40 years. It was clear he was an expert by the shear number of fish he was catching and the amount we (and everyone else) were NOT catching. He did everything like the rest of us EXCEPT, before casting out his PB or worm, he would dunk it in a jar with a liquid garlic scent.

hanahou7
06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
I would try and stay near the marina. I have had success there.

FishItswuts4dinner
06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I will never go to del valle ever again in my lifetime. I've yet to hook onto anything there and the weekend crowds is horribly up the roof. My advice. Forgettaboutit. Go elsewhere.

JwG
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
It is summer time and some of these lakes can get crowded, but just do your thing and stay fluid like the water.

Try what works for you and bottom line, "It's all good", have a good time, it's fishing!

Learn for the next trip if you don't catch 'Moby Dick' this time, but you might.

And you can take what you learn to any place you go.
See my new PM I sent you.

Good luck & "Hook 'em".

hanahou7
06-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I will never go to del valle ever again in my lifetime. I've yet to hook onto anything there and the weekend crowds is horribly up the roof. My advice. Forgettaboutit. Go elsewhere.

Actually, I agree with you. I would avoid Del Valle. The weekend crowds kill it.

Maybe try Chabot, or if you are willing, drive down to Henry Coe to hike in to fish for bass and crappie before they close the park!

JwG
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=TheGreatB*******;824531]Alright guys, going to try this Tuesday.

TheGreatBasshole
06-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, going to try tomorrow. hopefully there will be few people on the lake. Going to try north eastern part.