PDA

View Full Version : Last Hunt of a Great Dog

Big Game
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Here's a pic of my oldest Son and our wonderful companion and friend of almost 12 years "Ranger" he was from Dustin Retrievers in Meridian and the son of a Master Hunter "Sundance Kid". Some of you might have brothers and sisters of Ranger. We had a great day in the field, Sunday, February the 20th at Birds Landing near Rio Vista. I was impressed with some of the shooting my Junior Hunter did. I actually got lucky and hit a few myself with my Franchi O/U 12 gauge. A very special day and even after almost 12 years you still have to PULL Ranger into the truck, he NEVER stops Hunting. I got my money's worth. Thank You Ranger.

3770Big Game

Hof
02-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a great dog/friend. Nothing like a good bird dog. My lab is only 2 and has a lot of hunts in him. My good friend and duck hunting parter of 15 years has a yellow lab who is 10 and we are starting to see her slow down. It really became evident this year watching her. Sure makes you enjoy the time we have with them. Enjoy your retirement Ranger...:fishing5:

Hof

Fishbucket
02-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Yes Ranger, Enjoy !

Thanks for the Story, Big Game.

Delta_Rose
02-26-2011, 10:48 PM
The final hunt before retirement is always bittersweet:(. We are on the other end of the spectrum, starting a brand new springer pup on birds. Here's to a long, well deserved retirement for Ranger.

Big Game
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Very cool of you all.

To lighten this up a bit, just recently, Mr. Ranger figured out how to open the refrigerator
and we had to buy some child (or Dog) proof locks!!!

One last time:
FIND-A-BIRD, RANGE!!!

Big Game

Hof
03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Forget the child proof locks!!!!......Ranger, Get me a beer!!! :schulz9lh:

Hof

Big Game
03-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Uummm....sorry, forgot to tell you, that beer would never make it to you...he will drink anything...but he prefers Coors...no offense at all to you Union guys that work your butts off...

Good Deal on the Dog Pen Hof!

Big Game