PDA

View Full Version : Lure identification

TroutAssassin
02-25-2011, 07:47 AM
:help:Please help me idenify the manufacturer of this lure and where I may possibly purchase another one. I bought this lure and another that was slightly larger at a Walmart in Arizona. As you can see it has green prism tape on one side and on the reverse it has silver. They came in several colors. My dilemma is that I was catching trout left and right the other day with larger version of this lure and I got it hung up and lost it. My local Walmart has a very limited selection of fishing equipment so I was hoping that someone would recognize this lure so that I can purchase another. Thanks.

shadbuster
02-25-2011, 07:58 AM
It looks like a luhr jensen lure alot of their lures carry that reflective tape and are shaped similar to that one, might want to check out their website.

k9mark
02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Have you looked in between the blades to see if there is a manufacturers stamp/name?

TroutAssassin
02-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of too. No manufacturer name or any markings of any kind. I've looked over Luhr Jensen's website and could not find this lure.

bigdaddy68768
02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
do you by chance remember the color of the packaging? best bet is to search through some lure making sites or catalogs and see if you can find that spoon pattern pre-cut and make your own, I know the lure tape is very available as is all the other hardware.

FISHMAN101
02-25-2011, 12:12 PM
It really looks alot like the luhr Jensen "super Duper" but I haven't seen that pattern before.

TroutAssassin
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
The best I can recall, these were packaged as singles and were made by some obscure company. I really think they were made in the U.S. who knows with Walmart, right? Another alternative if I can't buy one is to make it if I can find all the materials.

hulenjohnson
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
The best I can recall, these were packaged as singles and were made by some obscure company. I really think they were made in the U.S. who knows with Walmart, right? Another alternative if I can't buy one is to make it if I can find all the materials.
A few of the bait shops in my area carry super dupers. I live in the bay area. I haven't seen them at any of the wal marts

Fishbucket
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
thats not a superduper. They are one piece, bent in half.

whatever it is, it's got everything you'd want in a trout lure. Weight, color and sound..

I'm off to the shop to grind and drill on some Brass !

cheeseman
02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
reminds me of something from shasta tackle

Big Game
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's not a Super Duper - A Super Duper is "U" shaped from the side. This looks closer to a Kastmaster, but with angles. I have seen something like this but I can't exactly remember the name...??? I want to say "Buzz Bomb" or "Zinger" - but that is just a guess.

Big Game

BulletMan
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Wal-mart, like most major tackle shops, don't buy their own tackle. They contract with a local distributor who comes in several times a year and stocks the shelves for them. If you bought the lure in Arizons, it might be a local lure and supplied there by a local distributor. Your best bet is to go back to Arizona and find another.

Rich

fish_junky
02-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I worked at Fishermans Wharehouse for quiet a while and I know they don't have anything like that.

Roosterdad
03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
I believe it is a kokanee lure. I think it is made by Curly's. I think I found it at kokaneetackle.com. Here's a link:
Curly's Lures (http://www.kokaneetackle.com/p-326-curlys-lures-silver-series-2.aspx)

TroutGhost
03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Curly's Lure has a website (http://www.curlyslures.com/), too. It says on the home page they sell them at Walmart and Sports Authority.

That's an interesting lure. It says on the site that it spins, creating a flash from the silver side and the alternate color side. Have never heard of it before now.

Fishbucket
03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Curly's Lure has a website (http://www.curlyslures.com/), .

Excellent !... now I can stop wasting the brass I have and just buy them.

CRABBY
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I can see it now,it's gonna be the next must have lure for us trout an koke people,everybody will want some work or not they look good an sound good,an yes I'm gonna order half a dozen or so myself,LOL...Don

TroutAssassin
03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
You rock Roosterdad! That's them. Thanks to all who responded I really appreciate the time you all took to help out a fellow angler.

Troutoholic
03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
My dad has a few of these, he forgot the name but he said they are made for vertical jigging.