PDA

View Full Version : Settings for Lowrance HD Units

Seon
02-26-2011, 07:00 PM
ATT just brought me to the 21th Century today by finally providing service to our remote area so now I can view video:bananasplits:

And while surfing, I ran across this clip and I thought a new owner or two would be interested to view how to set up their HD unit. IMO it's very informative for those of us that don't like to read :grin: .

Lowrance HDS Setup on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/15426536)

Radical
04-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks,

Helped me a lot.

nitty917
05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
ATT just brought me to the 21th Century today by finally providing service to our remote area so now I can view video:bananasplits:

And while surfing, I ran across this clip and I thought a new owner or two would be interested to view how to set up their HD unit. IMO it's very informative for those of us that don't like to read :grin: .

Lowrance HDS Setup on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/15426536)

thanks that was really helpful.

gspeer
02-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Excellent Video. Question. I have a Lowrance HDS 7, can't figure how to get the GPS to show up on the screen. Have been using a handheld GPS for speed. Would appreciate any suggestions/instructions how to set up the GPS unit so that I can HDS 7 for speed feedback. Thanks.

ReelJerks
02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Excellent Video. Question. I have a Lowrance HDS 7, can't figure how to get the GPS to show up on the screen. Have been using a handheld GPS for speed. Would appreciate any suggestions/instructions how to set up the GPS unit so that I can HDS 7 for speed feedback. Thanks.

Pretty sure you need to add SPEED from the data overlay selection.

Here's what you need to do. Make the Map panel 'active' (has a green border), and press MENU twice.
Select 'Edit Data Overlay' to bring up the menu.
'Click" on the GPS and select SPEED then press enter. This will place the SPEED from the GPS on the Map page for you.

Note that EVERY page has it's own Data Overlay menu, simply make the page you want the data to appear on ACTIVE and follow the same process.

And BTW I posted the link to The Salt Patrol vid a few months back so Seon I'm happy you finally get to see some of these great videos that are free for the looking. John has other valuable tips and you should check his other videos out, and FRIEND him on their Facebook page.

Edd

gspeer
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks Edd. Your advice sounds great. Haven't given it a try yet, but will do so soon. Thanks again. gspeer.

1fishaholic
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Great video! Anybody have an idea on how to get the gps to overlay the radar on an HDS 8?

ReelJerks
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Great video! Anybody have an idea on how to get the gps to overlay the radar on an HDS 8?

Do you have a heading sensor?

Edd

1fishaholic
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
No...I guess that's the answer. Thanks, I'll look into it.

ReelJerks
02-14-2012, 01:45 PM
No...I guess that's the answer. Thanks, I'll look into it.

Well it was the simple answer. You will also need a heading sensor I believe, in order to overlay onto the chart page.

Edd