PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 2/26

STRIPER_510
02-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Fish Quarry from 8:30am-4:00pm and caught my limit. All fish were small...averaging 1lb. Use worms, powereggs, and powerbait.

:signfishon34hi6zv:

Benzo
02-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Saedrifter, Congrats on the limit... Thanks for the Quarry report and pic.

Jester83
02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
At least someone was getting some action. I fished the point from 5am till noon. No action for me. But about 0/8 on my trips this year. Im more determined then ever. Ill try again today.

skunkfordays
02-27-2011, 04:18 PM
just got back from quarry. got lots of bites but only landed two... of of the guys helped me out since they were biting hard and pulling line but when i set and reel in they would get off.. i guess my hook wasnt "showing" enough.. coulda had my limit haha

CRESTLINER 08
02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
i was out there on saturday from 730 till 300 only seen four fisherman all day on the row.i got one at about 9 that was about 4lbs hooked jaw male ,it fought like a champ and it had 3 hooks in its belly when it cleaned it out .i was the only who caught any thing .i talked too the guy next to me who lives down the street. he said he"s been there 9 times this year and only got 1 fish ,wow times are tuff at the quarry,but there are some nice fish in there !!!!!!!! good luck ...its a long walk to the point.....

STRIPER_510
02-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys. I was fishing all the down at the corner of the point (Pennisula?). Saw one guy pulled in two from a far distance and another angler fighting what seems to be like a whopper. Looks like they are taking worms from 15 yards out.

Benzo
02-27-2011, 10:48 PM
At least someone was getting some action. I fished the point from 5am till noon. No action for me. But about 0/8 on my trips this year. Im more determined then ever. Ill try again today.

Jester83, were fishing at the point last Sunday in the afternoon? I think I met you there.

Benzo
02-27-2011, 10:52 PM
just got back from quarry. got lots of bites but only landed two... of of the guys helped me out since they were biting hard and pulling line but when i set and reel in they would get off.. i guess my hook wasnt "showing" enough.. coulda had my limit haha

Skunkfordays, did you also fish at the point this morning? An angler fished next to me that kinda looked like you with the same jacket you have on.

skunkfordays
02-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Skunkfordays, did you also fish at the point this morning? An angler fished next to me that kinda looked like you with the same jacket you have on.
yea i was at the point. where were you at? i moved to where those guys got their limit and the bites started maybe around 11 and 2. Stan helped me out on how to set up my bait. he gave me one fish and Jose? i think gave me his fish since he didnt wanna clean it. ended up with 4 fish to take home! haha3844

Benzo
02-28-2011, 06:34 AM
yea i was at the point. where were you at? i moved to where those guys got their limit and the bites started maybe around 11 and 2. Stan helped me out on how to set up my bait. he gave me one fish and Jose? i think gave me his fish since he didnt wanna clean it. ended up with 4 fish to take home! haha3844

I was the guy to your right when you first got there... Man it was dead on that side where we were, good job on moving to that other spot and landing some fish? How long did Stan stick around and how did he do?

By the way, thanks for the pic!!

youngling
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reports all! I fished today at the point 0500-0800 and it was slooowwwwww. Only 4 fish caught between 6 peeps out there. All small and all no more than a pound. Will try again tomorrow. FISH ON!

Jester83
02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Jester83, were fishing at the point last Sunday in the afternoon? I think I met you there.

Yeah that was me Benzo, thanks for the pointers.

I went out at 5am on the 26th and fished the point till about noon, again people on either side of me were catching fish. I saw about 6 fish pulled in but not even a bite for me.

I went out again yesterday. I got there about 3pm, and finally about 15 min before sunset I got my first fish of the year!!!! :) That ends my 9 trip fishing skunk. I don't think I have been that excited scene I was about 10 years old. I landed another about an hour later. Both were on a white egg and white worms.

youngling
02-28-2011, 12:22 PM

I went out at 5am on the 26th and fished the point till about noon, again people on either side of me were catching fish. I saw about 6 fish pulled in but not even a bite for me.

I went out again yesterday. I got there about 3pm, and finally about 15 min before sunset I got my first fish of the year!!!! :) That ends my 9 trip fishing skunk. I don't think I have been that excited scene I was about 10 years old. I landed another about an hour later. Both were on a white egg and white worms.

Way to go Jester to getting rid of the skunk! I have heard reports as well as seeing it for myself that the sunset bite picks up right before the sun goes down.

Benzo
02-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Jester, really glad that you finally shook the skunk off your back. Paid off not giving up,
Glad you landed some over the weekend. Sounds like we'll all be seeing you there often.

Fish on !!