PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra Trout Opener 2011

B-RAN
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
4.30.11 Can't wait!!!!!!!!:excited:

Who's going where?

Jfitalia
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm a fan of all the mammoth lakes so I usually have to wait a little longer for them to thaw

mariahpup
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Bet you are going to Bridgeport area! Most likely Twin Lakes...Good Guess?

I am going to try and make it there as well....

Jfitalia
03-03-2011, 01:14 PM

I have never gone that high. I stay at Mary, and maime. I also go down the road to convict,rock, and Crowley

Captain Compassion
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Kinda depends. Usually open on the W. Carson. I'm unsure if they will stock this year. If not then will try for Bridgeport and the W. Walker.

CC

mallardman
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Most definently going to Bridgeport, I go every year with about 5 other guys and it is the best time of my life every year. We always do really well on big browns in rivers and lakes.

TheGreatBasshole
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM
April 30=Opening Day=West Walker River + E.Carson River

mike_l
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Crowley is the tradition for my group....and wherever else is open...We cover from Sabrina to Bridgeport, depending on what's happening...woo hoo! It'll be snowy and frozen again this year!!

kingman65
03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Thinking there'll be alot of frozen lakes in the Eastern Sierra's this yr, so I'm heading into Northern Ca!! Lots of lakes, creeks and rivers up there to fish!!! Not as high an elevation as Eastern Sierra's, so not as much snow if any!!! Less people too!!! Will miss Convict though!!!!! Love that lake!!! Good Luck to all, wherever you go!!!

mike_l
03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Thinking there'll be alot of frozen lakes in the Eastern Sierra's this yr, so I'm heading into Northern Ca!! Lots of lakes, creeks and rivers up there to fish!!! Not as high an elevation as Eastern Sierra's, so not as much snow if any!!! Less people too!!! Will miss Convict though!!!!! Love that lake!!! Good Luck to all, wherever you go!!!

Here's a view to guage by....Not sure how thick that ice on Crowley is, but you can bet they'll be ice fishing on Rock Creek Lake for opening day...-Mike

Crowley Cam (http://thetroutfly.com/crowleycam.html)

it's real time, so after dark....well, you know

Jetspray
03-05-2011, 05:25 AM
I'll go where ever my majic wand leads me, but it will probably be with Captain Compassion, That is unless I am at the Goldfields somewhere:sonar:......Jetspray

Captain Compassion
03-05-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll go where ever my majic wand leads me, but it will probably be with Captain Compassion, That is unless I am at the Goldfields somewhere:sonar:......Jetspray
We will do a pre opener trout scout.:fish_jumps:
CC

gatorbait
03-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Now that's an idea, fish mornings and evenings and pan gold during the day. I was up on the Mokelumne and it had gold claims posted every 1/4 mile!:moneybag1:

B-RAN
03-05-2011, 08:59 AM

You guessed it !!!!! But really, everyone really thinks all of these lakes will be Frozen? That's what they said last year and it ended up being a phenominal opener!

GNappers
03-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I think that is the same weekend as the Opener around Burney Falls. Never get a lot of action but there many spot's to hit, from the Pitt, to Cassel, to above the falls.

kingman65
03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I think that is the same weekend as the Opener around Burney Falls. Never get a lot of action but there many spot's to hit, from the Pitt, to Cassel, to above the falls.

I'll be there!!! never been to that area, but have been told to stop at Vaughn's in Burney(?) for all the info I'll need!!

Marinpaul
03-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I've never fished the opener, and will be hitting the Carson this year. Looking forward to it.

B-RAN
03-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm also looking forward to the Carson opening:biggrin: Catching those big Rainbows they put in there for opening day. Last year on the way back from Twin Lakes opener, I caught a 5lbr from one of the bridges in Markleeville.. Apparently Nevada plants their fish in our California waters cause That county or area have some sort of water agreement with the state of nevada to where they trade fish for water basically.. Pretty confusing but I'll have to look it up for more details, I coulda swore someone told me that awile back..

TheGreatBasshole
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Drove through Walker canyon to go to Minden, looks fishable if you know what your doing, but will probably push trip back to June.

B-RAN
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
It was a successful opener this year but not as good as last year.. Robinson Creek was awsome as usual caught tons of fish in there.. My phone gets turned on today Ill have to post pics tonight or tomorrow..