PDA

View Full Version : can you resmoke ??????

CRESTLINER 08
03-04-2011, 09:09 AM
my big chief smoker turned off 6 hours into a 7 hour smoke .can i throw them back in there for another hour or is it not a good idea ???

CrappieJed
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
depends...tast whatever you smoked if it needs more time then go for it...somtimes 6 is enough

CRESTLINER 08
03-04-2011, 09:26 PM
i tried some of the smaller pieces they were ok, but i have some bigger ones i would like to smoke a little longer. have you ever put some thing back in the smoker the next day ?????

Jetspray
03-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Depnds on how you handle the meats between smoking's. You have to remember pathogens/bacteria love flesh to grow on and in. I would be very careful on this and beer will not sterilize anything either:cheesy::seestars:.......Jetspray

CrappieJed
03-05-2011, 08:03 PM
i tried some of the smaller pieces they were ok, but i have some bigger ones i would like to smoke a little longer. have you ever put some thing back in the smoker the next day ?????
yes you can just be sure to put your fish in frig between smoking..next day put it in your smoker you should have enough smoke flavor from your previous smoke time just cook slowly... taste test will tell you what you need to know

CRESTLINER 08
03-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Yep , i took the big pieces out of frig and put them back in the smoker for an hour and a half.i used another pan of alder on them ,man they looked and tasted very good !!!!!!! Thanks for the feedback .....

CrappieJed
03-07-2011, 10:38 PM
good glad to hear....i will be smoking the coho from orville..since they are the size of rainbow trout i will smoke them the same way as trout...i was surprised i figured the meat would be little redder then they were..and that tells me not to be too salty on the brine