PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to fish for? please help

woolybuggin
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM
going out on a charter sometime in april and ive never been fishing out in the ocean before. i got it as a gift for my birthday, but i get to pick where to go and what to fish for. any suggestions? i was thinkin halibut?

Seas_Candy
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
With a little bit of luck we will have a Salmon season opening in April. If so that would be my first choice. If you are unsure of you sea legs then Halibut inside the bay is a good second choice.

AnglingWes
03-07-2011, 11:57 AM
+1. Great advice.

woolybuggin
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
With a little bit of luck we will have a Salmon season opening in April. If so that would be my first choice. If you are unsure of you sea legs then Halibut inside the bay is a good second choice.
ya your right great idea i love salmon fishing during the runs, i bet its much more fun in the ocean. im not sure how ill react to sea sickness, hopefully all goes well lol thanks forthe advice

nelson9
03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
going out on a charter sometime in april and ive never been fishing out in the ocean before. i got it as a gift for my birthday, but i get to pick where to go and what to fish for. any suggestions? i was thinkin halibut?
I would suggest waiting till the middle of May when more halibut move into the bay. Make sure live bait is available also.