PDA

View Full Version : HMB TUNA RUN

CPTN_JACK
08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Ran for the Guide out of HMB at 0500 today,, put 3 scoops of dines and chovies in the tank and headed out the jaws!! big turn out at the harbor as good scores were posted from friday!! we got 30 out and had a port engine drop a cylinder so we had to limp in and no fishin today!! Flat water,, should be some impressive scores today!! see ya out there!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]

SLOfisher
08-25-2007, 09:54 PM
CJ: Sorry about your engine. Wish the Tuna would move in another 10-15 miles around here (Morro Bay). They're still over 60 out, which is too far for me to run in my little boat. A guy I know hooked up with three at 62 miles out, then ran another 26 miles out for nada. Came back to where he hooked up the first fish, and picked up a couple of more. He runs a 25' (I think) Davis, so he can make those kind of runs. I just don't have the range, or the guts to go out that far in my boat. Good luck - hope you get into them soon.

CPTN_JACK
08-26-2007, 03:21 AM
I was in my buddys 25 parker when we had the engine troubles,, we were headed out 60kt miles plus!! need to have both workin a ok for thoose trips!! ya if we get a WX window of a few days those fish will push in!! see ya out there!! CJ [smiley=captjack.gif]