PDA

View Full Version : Camanchee suprise

danno
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Trolled yesterday with hot steel and grubs. We had a boat load so we had 6 sticks going could have put out 2 more but who wants a rodeo anyway we nailed 5 trout and 2 Kokanee.
That's right 2 nice fat pink 18" kokes on top with the hot steel F7 nice suprise! One had a chunk taken out of its side by what I don't know but I wish we could of hooked whatever was trying to eat it. I know alot of you guys were out there did anyone els catch a Koke?

Reel Fun
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
None that they would admit too???? There has been a great Kok bite there but the cat really got out of the bag last year and it got hammered hard!!! 6 rods.........all on top??? Planers???

RF

danno
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
2 on each wire 6' and surface & 2 planners. 1 white grub w/shad sent (towed that thing for 3 days and have not even a sniff) on top, 3 hot steel 2 trout pattern. later on went with a fire tiger nedelfish and chucked the grub. Caught fish on everything except the grub.

Koke Machine83
03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
danno: Now that the Cat is out of the Bag!!! Do you have a picture of these kokanee. Some times, folk miss identified them. Just would like to see a picture, Not saying you didn't catch them, but would be nice to see them... As for the grubs, I see that your trolling them with the Rapala's and Needle fish. You need to slow down to around 1.3 to 1.6 with the Grubs. That is maybe why your not getting bit on the grubs. Thanks!!!

Robbie

Reel Fun
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice.......An 18 in Kok this early can only be a good sign of whats to come out there in a couple months!!! What part of the lake did you get them?? In the summer they are deep and only a couple different spots.

P.S Welcome!!!!

RF

CRABBY
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
danno,welcome to the Fish Sniffer,great first post,good info on a popular lake,lots of good trout an koke fisherman here to trade war stories with,giving an getting info is what we're about.Thanks ..Don

danno
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
No we forgot the camara I would have loved to post a pick here. I'm not beyond a mistake but these were kokes I'm 99.999999% when we cleaned them and they looked kokanee on the inside too. We cought them at the end of the troll right after we turned arroud I guess it would be east of the opening to China on the north bank I watched Robbie pick up a couple there. Anyway Robbie we were running 1.3 to 1.7 on the gps did the best with the raps at 1.3 to 1.5. Rick at FF told me all about the grub deal said you just left there last Thursday when I showed up he explained the birds, scent, the weight. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, we were even joking about kidnaping you and showing us what to do or what we were doing wrong. It was bugging the begezzes out of me watching you guys pick them up on the boards.

danno
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Don, I used to post here all the time untill they changed the whole format my old name was Kokanut but I got lost somehow. I'm no computer geek all this stuff is magic to me shoot I'm still impressed with cell phones.

Reel Fun
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
If you say they were Koks...then they were Koks!! That lake certainly has them swimming around and this is the time of year when you could get them near the surface!! I know after reading this a few of those guys are scenting some corn for this weekend!! And a 18 in fish this time of year.....I would rather get a couple of those than a limit of 2-3lb Bows!!

RF

CRABBY
03-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Don, my old name was Kokanut but I got lost somehow. I'm no computer geek all this stuff is magic to me shoot I'm still impressed with cell phones.

LOL..+ 1..Don...an welcome back