PDA

View Full Version : sharkin @ Bolinas 8/24

gomezfish
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
left antioch at about 10 am and got there about 1130 , didnt really know where to fish and didnt really anticipate the lack of gas stations round stinson beach, o well i thought , might as well fish so i pulled over at the end of the lagoon and tossed out my line,( squid was the bait onto a double hook strugeon leader) the tide seemed to be going out ad the water was about to get really shallow , that kinda worried me , i fished for about 20 minutes starting to think to myself "why the ell did i drive all the way out here without someone who knew these waters" when zzzZZZZZZzzzzzz happpend,o **** i pull back on my pole and 30 feet out i see a shark splash out the water! he trys to run but i stop him and get him on the shore , a 4 foot leopard!a nasty little hogg , i guess he tried to regurgitate my hook cuz his guts were spilling out his mouth , i stuffed them back in after getting the hook off and tossed him in the mud barely touching the water , its fun to see them fight to get back in, off he swam though and i rebaited , to make a long story short the game warden showed up and while we talked i hooked another one , the warden took the picture of me holding it , he left and the bite stopped , i went into bolinas and found some gas , gassed up and fished the mouth of the lagoon with some stoners i met , caught a small leopard and watched a bunch of other people catch perch, the stoners left so i took off as well , went back to the first spot and fished it this time on the incoming , caught 5 more 48" + leopards , would of caught more but i ran out of squid , left around 6pm, ill probly be going back next week.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/5.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/3.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/thizzology/leopard1.jpg

swikmo
08-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Nice fish G!
Just googled it,looks like an interesting place to fish.Hookin up in new places rules!Hope you get into them next time.

Swik

EastBayAngler
08-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Nice report ...thanks, Sounds like you had a good trip! Sharks & Stoners get along just fine ;D ;D ;D

Good on ya- for the release. That leopy would have suffered an entirely different fate had it been my hook ;)

Love the new bank reports keep em coming :D

Matt- 8-)

żżż
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey thanks for sharing gomezfish. Sounds like you had a productive day on the water. Glad to hear you let them go for 'another day', or is it 'another table' in EBA's case? ;)

I've lived in the bay area all my life and have never really targeted sharks. You guys sure make it sound like a lot of fun. Have to try it some time.

GoT HeeeeM
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM
way to go gomez....bolinas is definetely a action packed area if u like catchin sharks and rays...ive been there about 5 or 6 times and come to learn that, while squid works, mackeral outfishes it 10 to 1...no kidding....my biggest ray out of there was over 90+ lbs with the biggest leopard at just under 70"

ric1ric
08-25-2007, 12:19 PM
What the heck is that first photo of?

EastBayAngler
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Its a lilly livered sap sucker ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I believe thats a shot of a leopard sharks bung hole ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JK GF! Thats a pic of a leopard sharks under side holding it by the tail. You can tell its still alive because its holding its head up! Otherwise ....Straight down. :-*

gomezfish
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
im going back wedsday or tuesday , ill bring a cooler for the shark steaks...i gotta scope out a spot before i start coming prepared

the reason i go shark fishing is cuz they bend the hell out of my pole!

fish_4_alivin
08-25-2007, 04:28 PM
You should try fishing in Sausalito. The fishing is good and the women that walk by are even better!

ric1ric
08-25-2007, 09:39 PM
OK I see it now