PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche 3/13

mnca711
03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
First fishing report: Sunday headed out to Camanche. When we get there wife says lets rent a boat. So we rented the boat and on the water by 8:45. Was cloudy and light winds but nothing to big. We get to the spot about 9 and started fishing. 9:20 wife catches the first fish of the day. She is so happy first fish she catches on a boat. 9:45 she catches her 2nd one. She is getting more happy lol. 20 mins later can you guess it? 3rd fish for the wife. Im like whats going on here lol. Then the bite slowed down. Its about noon by now and the winds had picked up even more and can you guess? Yep she catches her 4th. By this time i still have none not even a bite but im just having a good time. We sent this one back home. Around 1245 we move around and fished different spots but nothing wanted to come home. Around 2 i tell the wife lets go back to the spot we started and lets see what happens. By this time it had started to sprinkle a little and the winds picked up even more. Get to the spot around 2:10. 10 mins later i catch my first fish of the day. 10 mins later she catches her 4th fish. By now she is giving me crap but in a lovely way HAHAHAHAl. 20 mins later I catch my 2nd. Total of 6 fish by 2:50. Rain had gone away but winds were stay around. At 3:15 i started to put stuff away to be on time to turn boat in by 4. Guess what? Yep you guessed it. Wife catches her 5th fish as we started to bring the lines in. Total of 7 fish for the day. Dont usually keep that many but neighbors been asking for fish. All fish were caught on PB different colors. I got to say it was a good day. Took pictures of the first 3 fish and then phone wanted to act up. So no pictures of the 4th 5th 6th or 7th :duh:

Just to add went to Pardee on Saturday for not even a bite. Still had fun though. First time out there.

Trout Tracker
03-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Glad to Hear that you and the wife got into the fish.I was thier Saturday and only got 1 on the troll.But i came to find out that i should have beached the boat and bait fished.
While at the cleaning station i talked to a old timer who has been fishing Camanche since the Dam was put in.
He gave me alot of pointers and was full of great information.
I just enjoyed talking to him a great deal.Wished he would of had more time.
TT

RideNfish
03-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Good report even if the wifey out fished ya! :shocked: I bank fish (unfortunately) and am glad to hear you can catch them with bait. Did you see banker guys/gals catching fish?
Cheers,

mnca711
03-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys. Yes she out fished me but like i said it was still a fun day :yahoo:

Trout_tracker: Yea many times ive been out there ive met some nice people who fish camanche almost every day. I remember one time i was there already 4 hrs with one fish. This young old male came and 30 mins had his limit and walked away lol. Just love talking to people about anything and those old timers got stories and at the end learn something.

RideNfish: I did see about 7 people bank fishing but unsure if they were catching anything. Did talk to some couple trolling and nothing and this was around 12. Spoke to another male with his daughter and he also didnt have any trolling. There is nothing wrong with bank fishing. Im a banker also lol. If anytime you want to rent a boat out let me know im down or even bank we can get together to rip some lips.

Again Thanks guys and keep fishing!!!!

Trout Tracker
03-16-2011, 05:13 AM
I did see a few boats that were beached in the narrows Saturday that were bait fishing and doing good.
I didn't have any spinning gear with me so i was out of luck.
But next time i'll give it a try.
According to the old timer i talked to,the fish are in thier spawning mode and are closer to the banks.
TT

HMONG_James_Vang
03-16-2011, 07:26 AM
nice. always a good idea to have the wife enjoy the outdoors with you.

mnca711
03-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Trout_tracker: Yea i was only fishing about 5 to 10 ft of water. I did try deep waters but didnt even get a bite.

James: Yea she also loves to fish and the good thing is I got the OK to start looking at getting a boat. Got to save money first lol.