PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Rainbow Trout Mar 15, 2011

GuyBrown
03-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I should have brought my lucky dog Spike! One 1#+ Rainbow, 6 LDRs, 2 hit no stick. Sam Osuna joined me for a Jolly Hookers/SIR Derby at Camanche. We launched at North Shore. 19 Jolly Hookers/SIR participated, 9 fish weighed in. 1st place Robert Christan 1# 13 oz, 2nd place Hil Felton 1#8oz, 3rd place Milo Tubbs 1# 8oz & 4th place Sam Osuna 1# 5 oz. Sam and I trolled grubs at 1.6-1.7 mph and Rapalas at 2.5-2.7 mph 100-150’ back around Hat Island, buoy line, dam and rock wall in the Narrows and China Gulch. We bait fished near the dam, in Causeway Cove & China Gulch. No bait fishing bites! The one we landed was on a rainbow sidekick dodger/orange grub with krill gel. After fishing Ron Madsen and Alex Alexander treated us to a shore lunch of shrimp appetizers, Virginia baked ham, potato salad, potato chips, miniature chocolate covered éclairs, soda and water. Great lunch fellows! 6 hours (7:30-1:30), 23 miles, 7 locations. Water 55.5-57*, clear to 8’, some grass. Air 48-62*. Sky overcast. Wind 0-8 mph. Thanks for the company Spike.

Ps - For those readers who don't know, SIR stands for Sons in Retirement, and is a large social club of retired, nearing retirement men. A member of SIR can join our fishing club which meets once a month for breakfast, and has outings every month to northern CA lakes, the delta and the ocean. Other SIR activities include golf, bowling, walking, travel, dining, etc. If you are interested in joining us, give me a call at 916-979-9589. See you out there.

Koke Machine83
03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Guy Brown: Looks like it's getting tough up there at Lake Camanche!!! You did the right thing, moving around. Looks like the grub bite is still better than Rapala's. We were hoping the Rapala bite takes off. Still a great day on the water. Congrats to you and the crew.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...