PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes night fishing 3/23

Jester83
03-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I caught a break in the weather yesterday. I got to the lake at 1900, just in time to see the sun go down. I got my first line in the water, before I even got bait on my second line, the first pole was bent over. After just a few seconds, a jump and SNAP. I did not loosen my drag after transport.

I stayed til 2030. I was getting bites like crazy. I probably missed 6 hits. I just could not get them hooked up. I changed the weight of the strike indicator from a set of bells to the smallest bobber I had. Still bobber would just drop or slowly rise. Twice the bobber was all the was up and the rod was bent, nothing. I changed the timing of my hook set, either waiting for them to take it or setting it right away. I even shortned the length of the pw.

All action was on white pe and orange pw.

I was able to bring one in, so not a total loss.

mlazar
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I caught a break in the weather yesterday. I got to the lake at 1900, just in time to see the sun go down. I got my first line in the water, before I even got bait on my second line, the first pole was bent over. After just a few seconds, a jump and SNAP. I did not loosen my drag after transport.

I stayed til 2030. I was getting bites like crazy. I probably missed 6 hits. I just could not get them hooked up. I changed the weight of the strike indicator from a set of bells to the smallest bobber I had. Still bobber would just drop or slowly rise. Twice the bobber was all the was up and the rod was bent, nothing. I changed the timing of my hook set, either waiting for them to take it or setting it right away. I even shortned the length of the pw.

All action was on white pe and orange pw.

I was able to bring one in, so not a total loss.

I didn't realise that you could fish Quarry Lakes at night...on the Quarry Lakes site it says :

Trout fishing hours are from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset throughout the year. No fishing is allowed when a park is closed.

Jester83
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
the posted hours on the site are when they close the parking lot gate. You can walk in or ride your bike in and fish till 10. There is a 10pm to 5am curfew.

junioryus0fresh
03-25-2011, 12:01 AM
thanks for the info , what part of quarry lakes were you fishing ? been trying to get on em for the past 2 weeks

LuckyIrishFan
03-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the report J83. I love fishing at night, and at least you landed a fish. I agree with you on the hours of fishing at the EBParks. FISH ON:grin:!!!

youngling
03-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I concur with LIF that you can fish up until 10pm (start of curfew) and start at 5am (end of curfew) at EB parks. The gates may be closed but you can still walk-in outside curfew hours.

Jester ~ thanks for the report. Glad you got some action! I fished this morning at the point and immediately started to get bites around 0520. I even had bites on both poles at the same time but could only hook one at a time. Missed about 6 bites where the bobber goes up and stops, then nothing. I caught 8 mostly of DFG size but kept 2 nicer ones. FISH ON!

Jester83
03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I fished a new spot, for me anyway. Over by the kayaks, thanks to skunks' previous report. Thank you Skunk!

junioryus0fresh
03-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I concur with LIF that you can fish up until 10pm (start of curfew) and start at 5am (end of curfew) at EB parks. The gates may be closed but you can still walk-in outside curfew hours.

Jester ~ thanks for the report. Glad you got some action! I fished this morning at the point and immediately started to get bites around 0520. I even had bites on both poles at the same time but could only hook one at a time. Missed about 6 bites where the bobber goes up and stops, then nothing. I caught 8 mostly of DFG size but kept 2 nicer ones. FISH ON!
What kind of bait were you using ? Thanks you guys seem to be on them ! Lol am just waiting on my turn. By the way my names Jose :)

junioryus0fresh
03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I fished a new spot, for me anyway. Over by the kayaks, thanks to skunks' previous report. Thank you Skunk!
Hmm were are these spots at ? Am only familiar with fishermans row and the pier.. do you guys have a picture of the lake with maybe the areas labels ? Thanks

Jester83
03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Ill do my best to describe.

The kayaks are to the left of the swim area, if you are facing the lake. You can see them from the pier. The peninsula is the middle of the lake, the inside of the horse shoe.
The point its the part of the inside of the shoe that jets out to the left.

I have been fishing the point a lot but I like the kayaks now.

junioryus0fresh
03-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh okay , I that's good enough am at the lake right now so I can see what's what now. I have been here for about 2 1/2 hours fishing fisherman row and I haven't caught anything :( lol I am starting to think its bad luck !

junioryus0fresh
03-25-2011, 06:32 PM
I was almost about to put some pink power eggs because trout were being gay lol but just before I left , caught one on a kastmaster ! a good 2 1/2 pound :)