PDA

View Full Version : All my fishing gear was stolen from my ex wifes covered car port in castro valley

Mr_Lake_Chabot
03-24-2011, 05:14 PM
About a month ago all of my fishing stuff a huge dark blue backpack with all my lures power eggs powerbait all my tackle my stringer ,5 fishing poles , a 6ft ugly stick Grey 6ft ABU GARCIA POLE AMD GRAY AND RED ABU REEL ,ABU GARCIA BAITCAST REEL RED AND GRAY AND A OLD WHITE LIGHT ACTION POLE AND REEL ,a 5 1/2 ft Green Mitchel pole a reel , two red pole holders my yellow digital fish scale assorted plyers a new gray headlight and and new clip on hat light LED and also they took my green REFRIDGAWEAR THICK OUT FIT PANTS AND JACKET ,black leather gloves and plenty more stuff like all my rechargable AA and AAA batteries and charger with USB out to charge my iPod and phone on the go and I'm sure they stole stuff I don't even realize is gone yet. This happened in castro valley by redwood road safeway. Anyone looking to sell any of these items to you please let me know LUCKILY MY FENWICK WAS AT MY HOUSE ........ First my lucky chair got lifted at Chabot now this and dammit I just remembered something else that was in my backpack my Lucky pair of bobbers that were black and orange made of wood and loomed like little Easter eggs now I'm PISSED I GETTING TIRED OF THEIVES Even in Castro valley that's a shame

bigb08
03-24-2011, 05:34 PM
First your chair now your gear ......THIEVES SUCK

Big Game
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
About a month ago all of my fishing stuff a huge dark blue backpack with all my lures power eggs powerbait all my tackle my stringer ,5 fishing poles , a 6ft ugly stick Grey 6ft ABU GARCIA POLE AMD GRAY AND RED ABU REEL ,ABU GARCIA BAITCAST REEL RED AND GRAY AND A OLD WHITE LIGHT ACTION POLE AND REEL ,a 5 1/2 ft Green Mitchel pole a reel , two red pole holders my yellow digital fish scale assorted plyers a new gray headlight and and new clip on hat light LED and also they took my green REFRIDGAWEAR THICK OUT FIT PANTS AND JACKET ,black leather gloves and plenty more stuff like all my rechargable AA and AAA batteries and charger with USB out to charge my iPod and phone on the go and I'm sure they stole stuff I don't even realize is gone yet. This happened in castro valley by redwood road safeway. Anyone looking to sell any of these items to you please let me know LUCKILY MY FENWICK WAS AT MY HOUSE ........ First my lucky chair got lifted at Chabot now this and dammit I just remembered something else that was in my backpack my Lucky pair of bobbers that were black and orange made of wood and loomed like little Easter eggs now I'm PISSED I GETTING TIRED OF THEIVES Even in Castro valley that's a shame

MLC,
to put it plain, that sucks, Not Cool. I know your frustration. My Dad and I both got our Top-of-the Line Garcia Rods and Reels stolen at Lake Pillsbury about 40 years ago and I to this day hope that the SOB that stole them "paid for that" at some point in his pathetic life in some way, shape or form.

I used to fish Chabot a lot as a kid in S.L. My Bro still lives in CV - I will let him know - he walks the lake almost daily. I wish you much better luck from here on out.

Mr. Chabot College (Big Game) (class of 79) (Ha)

LuckyIrishFan
03-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Dave, sorry to hear about all of your fishing gear getting stolen. That bites bro!!! I believe in karma, so who ever did that will get something 10x worse in return. Don't worry bro, I've got more Cod Liver Oil for you:thumbsup:!!! FISH ON:grin:!!!

GUSANO
03-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Bro, I know how that boat rocks! Last year around this time my house was broken into. My plasma, PS3, 2 dig cameras, but most sentimentaly valued that was taken was all my fishing gear I had been gathering over the past ten years! 4 poles (all ugly's), Penn/shimano reels, tackle, fishing L's, Bino's, my collection of lures, MY LURES MY SWEET LURES! I still miss my collection of lures! Pencil poppers, roostertails everything man! They were battle scared and and maybe a little rusty but they were trusty as HECK! It was a little over $1200 bucks just in fishing gear alone! I FEEL YO PAIN BRO, I FEEL YO PAIN!
:soapbox5gm:

TroutGhost
03-25-2011, 09:07 AM
File a police report. Cops can't arrest someone for a crime they don't know about.

Might want to think about putting up some posters in the neighborhood offering a small reward. Could be one of the neighbor kids did it to relieve the boredom of being a teen without a life.

Sorry about your loss. Things can always be replaced, even those with sentimental value. Still, the violation hurts and knowing something can be replaced doesn't cure the sting but sometimes can help provide some relief. Good luck.

Captain Compassion
03-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Stealing someones fishing gear should be classified as a crime against humanity and punished as such.:angry:

CC

mike_l
03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
There is just nothing lower than a thief. Are you wiped out or do you have enough left to be able to fish?

-Mike

youngling
03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear this Dave. Hope you have enough tackle to keep on fishing without spending too much to replace what got stolen. Dude, you're Mr.Lake Chabot! Nothing's going to stop you from fishing!

HMONG_James_Vang
03-25-2011, 02:04 PM
First your chair now your gear ......THIEVES SUCK

geez... time for you to take some action.

Barleycorn
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Keep your head up and IMO what comes around goes around, and they'll get what's coming to them.

Mr_Lake_Chabot
03-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I also believe in karma and they will pay for it sooner or later. It just pisses me off cause they took everything stuff I've been useing for years and caiught many fish on and gathered for years but the two garcias were new the baitcasting one was brand new still had plastic wrap on the handle this my girlfriend just gave to me two days before it got stolen. But I'm seeing my ex wife at the moment also and I snuck over to this girls house in Manteca without my ex knowing when she gave me the Garcia pole and as soon as I realized it got stolen I thought WTF I guess it karma biteing my ass for being a DOG LOL
And of course I'm still fishing I had to borrow my son and daughters poles until I get new ones and I'm already getting tired of looking for 2 sticks to use as pole holders but it's all good nothing will keep me from my happy place catching fish and taking names you guys know how Mr Lake Chabot Rolls I can a catch fish in mud puddles with barbless hooks and no bait seriously Im that good ask Lucky Irish Fan he'll tell you PEACE OUT ANGLERS !!!

Bigg A
03-26-2011, 05:37 AM
I also believe in karma and they will pay for it sooner or later. It just pisses me off cause they took everything stuff I've been useing for years and caiught many fish on and gathered for years but the two garcias were new the baitcasting one was brand new still had plastic wrap on the handle this my girlfriend just gave to me two days before it got stolen. But I'm seeing my ex wife at the moment also and I snuck over to this girls house in Manteca without my ex knowing when she gave me the Garcia pole and as soon as I realized it got stolen I thought WTF I guess it karma biteing my ass for being a DOG LOL
And of course I'm still fishing I had to borrow my son and daughters poles until I get new ones and I'm already getting tired of looking for 2 sticks to use as pole holders but it's all good nothing will keep me from my happy place catching fish and taking names you guys know how Mr Lake Chabot Rolls I can a catch fish in mud puddles with barbless hooks and no bait seriously Im that good ask Lucky Irish Fan he'll tell you PEACE OUT ANGLERS !!!

Had to look up and check the web address real quick....thought I was on facebook for a minute :cheesy:

CrappieJed
03-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Now I'm the kinda man that'd not harm a mouse
But if I catch somebody breakin in my house
I've got twelve guage shotgun waiting on the other side

So don't go pushing me against my will
I don't want to have to fight you but I dern sure will
So if you don't want trouble then you'd better just pass me on by

As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the stealing, raping and the killing and the child abuse
And I've got a way to put an end to all that mess

Just take them rascals out in the swamp
Put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest

froggie
03-27-2011, 02:58 PM
WOW, I know just how you're feeling. When our stuff was stolen it was a BIG Deal!! Luckily, my insurance company came through and we've been able to replace most of what we lost.
Froggie:cheerleader:

movedtonewmexico
03-28-2011, 10:45 AM
You said it was stolen from the covered carport. Covered carports are not like a garage that has 3 walls and a lockable door. So you had all of this stuff basically sitting outside with no protection. I hate to say it but you were asking for it to get stolen. I am not trying to be mean but I would never have left my fishing equipment in a carport.

Jfitalia
03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
You said it was stolen from the covered carport. Covered carports are not like a garage that has 3 walls and a lockable door. So you had all of this stuff basically sitting outside with no protection. I hate to say it but you were asking for it to get stolen. I am not trying to be mean but I would never have left my fishing equipment in a carport.

I was thinking the same thing! Not only was it a car port but it wasn't even his car port.

CRABBY
03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
many years ago when I was unfortunate enough to live in the city I had a carport,BUT,at the end of it there was a closed in area like a closet that you could lock up,these were easy to break into but due to people coming an going all the time day an night we/I never had a theft occur,nowadays with our currant problems I probably wouldn't trust one,I really doubt that Dave just left his stuff in an open carport,if he did,OH WELL...Don