PDA

View Full Version : fish finder placement?

TheWeasel
03-26-2011, 12:57 AM
i just bought a new fish finder from humminbird and was wondering where i should place it. i have a twelve foot aluminum klamath.i would like to have it to where i can see it from the front of the boat but also see it while driving the boat. any help or tips would be grateful

Seon
03-26-2011, 04:42 AM
...i would like to have it to where i can see it from the front of the boat but also see it while driving the boat....

If you're going to troll, the best location is across from you as you sit and face 90 from the stern. This way as you look at the FF, with your peripheral vision you will be able to see your rod and in front of the boat. Just a simple left/right head turn.

TheWeasel
03-26-2011, 06:32 PM
thanks for the tip

Monterey10
04-17-2011, 03:33 PM
On small, open boats, people will put a battery in a smaller cooler, and mount the fish finder on top, making it portable. The transducer has to stay with the boat off course.

If there's room in the cooler, you could store the FF inside the cooler with the battery.

ReelJerks
04-18-2011, 07:18 AM
On small, open boats, people will put a battery in a smaller cooler, and mount the fish finder on top, making it portable. The transducer has to stay with the boat off course.

If there's room in the cooler, you could store the FF inside the cooler with the battery.

This is a great idea for small boats. However, I don't agree with the storage solution, unless you use an AGM or GEL type battery, and even then I would remove the MFD from the cooler. As the battery sulfates and gives up it's gas it could damage the MFD.

Edd