PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cliffs HELP!

FISHnTENNIS
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
So just out of no where I have the urge of going to Shadow Cliffs. The thing is I have never fished that body of water before. I'm not asking to spill the secrete spots but just to help me navigate myself around the lake. For example, which dock is dock number 1,2,3,4? If your at the boat launch facing the water, which dock is on your left? right?. thanks a bunch!!

-FishNTennis

FishyMe
03-28-2011, 07:20 PM
refer to this thread. http://www.fishsniffer.com/f21/shadow-cliffs-again-88706/

if you are facing the boat launch, dock one will be the first dock to your left. 2nd dock is on your right. 3rd dock will be all the way to the right at the end of the lake.

let me know if you want to know anything else

FishnBeer
03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
theres big fish in there. bass and trout but i have yet to catch any of them :thumbdown:

RomanFishin
03-28-2011, 07:39 PM
theres big fish in there. bass and trout but i have yet to catch any of them :thumbdown:

I suggest wait until they plant again because I was there yesterday and it was slow, I caught a 2.5 pound thunder trout and a 2.5 lb rainbow with red meat from oregon. Most anglers didnt get nothing if even a bite. If you go there make sure you get the really early bite because after the two fish i didnt even get a bite for 5 hours. I usually go early in the morning, if you want we can meet there and show you the good shore spots.

Big Game
03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
So just out of no where I have the urge of going to Shadow Cliffs. The thing is I have never fished that body of water before. I'm not asking to spill the secrete spots but just to help me navigate myself around the lake. For example, which dock is dock number 1,2,3,4? If your at the boat launch facing the water, which dock is on your left? right?. thanks a bunch!!

-FishNTennis

FNT,

So, you must have got a reel for the Eagle Claw Rod of your Dads? Also, get a few lures
like Gold Kastmaster in 1/4 oz. and a few Roostertails - Rainbow Trout, Firetiger and Yellow 1/6 oz. Tight Lines. Big Game

FISHnTENNIS
03-29-2011, 12:00 AM
@FishyMe thanks for the location info. Also What time does the park open? and what time does the parking gates open?

@Big Game I sure did get a new reel for my eagle claw rod. It's a U.S Reel 230XL, Its pretty smooth on the casting, not sure how well the drag is, since i havent hooked up into any fish yet. Also wondering how does jigging for trout at shadow cliffs work using a power worm?

Big Game
03-29-2011, 11:20 AM
FNT,

I don't have any experience with "jigging with a power worm", but I suppose it would work.
It is going to be kind of difficult to "jig" if you are on the bank, probably a little easier from
a boat, kayak or float tube as you are more "on top" of your lure. Just my opinion.

Good Luck - would love to get the results. Big Game

FishyMe
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
gates open at 6am and close at 7pm for march. for april, they open at from 6am to 8pm. Legally you can start fishing at 5am and til 10pm. You just can't park inside the park before or after those hours. get there early if you want a good spot!!!!!! especially this weekend considering it will be nice outside.