PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Fishing???

LuckyIrishFan
03-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Just curious if anyone has been to SPR recently?* How high is the water level, and is the water clarity good or bad?* I'm planning on heading out there next week.* Thanks for any update or info, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

FISHnTENNIS
03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Just curious if anyone has been to SPR recently?* How high is the water level, and is the water clarity good or bad?* I'm planning on heading out there next week.* Thanks for any update or info, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

I went this past weekend, it was super muddy could barely see 1 feet. As for the water level its way high, probably the highest it has ever been. thats about it. oh and I did get skunked that day... Not even a nibble!:hissyfit:

-FishNTennis

rncm1986
03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Your best bet is to fish off the bank by the recreation area. Water is still muddy but people have been catching trout with garlic chartruese pb.

Starcraft27
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Went to San Pablo Today with my boat. Trolled for about 5 hours with not even a bite. My lures disappeared right when they hit the water. Maybe a foot of clarity. Its a mud hole! Tried bait fishing for a bit and no luck their either. They are popping up like crazy on the fish finder though.

Everybody was having same luck as I was except for 1 guy that caught a 2 pounder off gulp worms with a bobber and slip shots. He said he had other bites too. Maybe thats the way to go. Its all about smell right now, they cant see a thing.

by the way, their were some fish by the damn that were around 50-70ft of water and the depth is around 100ft their so they aren't catfish. Any idea on what these are?