PDA

View Full Version : Chinese food an recipe's>>chefchandler can you help????

CRABBY
03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Looking to find out how to cook Chinese food the way the you get it when you go out to eat here,my wife has tried it several times an it's not the same,must be some secret to it or something,even the rice doesn't taste the same,love the stuff but eatin out isn't cheap an I know there must be a Sniffer out there who can help,I've been told by our local places it's a big secret,so PM me if you want with tips,an/or recipes,all help will be appreciated,an no for you clowns out there I don't want a bunch of jokes...Thanks Don

sethonious
03-29-2011, 03:12 PM
The secret is a seaoned wok and the breath of the dragon. You need the heat for fast cooking to make it taste like a restaurant, you get that burn flavor while the veggies are crisp and meats stay tender. Try some of your wife's recipes in a seasoned wok on a really REALLY hot grill. A 20 dollar wok kept with the grilling equipment is the only way to go. Chili crabs cooked on the open fire, thats all I have to say.

Also got to say that Trader Joe's orange chicken is really close to the real deal.