PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes

RomanFishin
03-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Is the main entrance to quarry the only way to get in the park? I want to fish from 5am before the main entrance opens. Any info greatly appreciated..

Fish_for_Brains
03-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Is the main entrance to quarry the only way to get in the park? I want to fish from 5am before the main entrance opens. Any info greatly appreciated..

Google Maps... i think there is an apt. complex w/in walking distance. good luck

LuckyIrishFan
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
RF, if you legally want to enter Quarry...then yes the main entrance is the only place to enter. Now, if you feel like you want to be daring with all of your fishing equipment, you could probably climb over or cut a hole in one of the outer fences to get to a certain spot but I don't recommend that:rolleyes2:. Good Luck, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

mlazar
03-30-2011, 07:43 AM
RF, if you legally want to enter Quarry...then yes the main entrance is the only place to enter. Now, if you feel like you want to be daring with all of your fishing equipment, you could probably climb over or cut a hole in one of the outer fences to get to a certain spot but I don't recommend that:rolleyes2:. Good Luck, and FISH ON:grin:!!!

not true..... there is another free parking (called staging area) area near Paseo Padre and Isherwood Drive with a fishing box that you put your money in after filling out a red packet ...it is a longer walk then parking in the residential area off Isherwood and going in the main entrance ,and it puts you on the back side of the lake..

Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area | East Bay Regional Park District (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/quarry_lakes#trailmap)

RomanFishin
03-30-2011, 08:03 AM
not true..... there is another free parking (called staging area) area near Paseo Padre and Isherwood Drive with a fishing box that you put your money in after filling out a red packet ...it is a longer walk then parking in the residential area off Isherwood and going in the main entrance ,and it puts you on the back side of the lake..

Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area | East Bay Regional Park District (http://www.ebparks.org/parks/quarry_lakes#trailmap)

I have to many nice gear to risk losing to enter during curfew hours from law enforcement, more worried not to get robbed, so I dont have to use deadly force myself:) I will go around 5am, also according to the trail map it looks like there is another fishing box by shin pond, anyone know if you can enter from that way.

hulenjohnson
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Your best bet is to just park near the houses on isherwood, and walk in thru the main gates.

RomanFishin
03-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Your best bet is to just park near the houses on isherwood, and walk in thru the main gates.

Hule thats what I was also thinking, thats what i might have to do.

How is the fishing been at quarry lately, I seen it went good for you?.

hulenjohnson
03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Hule thats what I was also thinking, thats what i might have to do.

How is the fishing been at quarry lately, I seen it went good for you?.
Yea it's been pretty good for me haha. I'm going tomorrow morning at 5 so i'll let you know

bigdaddy68768
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Got a limit in the back on monday....took a while though, fished from open til 4pm.....nothing big but fought really hard.....in fact, one fought so hard it took a big chunk of its nose out on a rock! Caught them on hatch brown/creamy yellow powerbait dough. Fish had alot of minnows in the stomachs along with midges and mysis shrimp.

skunkfordays
03-30-2011, 05:55 PM
got 3 ok sized ones yesterday and my boy got a 7 pounder. all on green pb, green worm
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208160_1867835411172_1099658619_32119817_1389692_n .jpg