PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake shorefishing help????

TahoeRye
03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello thinking of heading out to pyramid lake tomorrow after work with the wife. We have never been out there and want to know where a good spot would be for us to do some shorefishing? We have a two wheel drive truck and if any one knows about where we can camp out there that will help us out too. Well thanks in advance and any other info will be greatly appreciated.

TahoeRye
03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh yea where can I get my permits. I wont be getting out there till about 730 pm will I still be able to get them?

wedgemon
03-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh yea where can I get my permits. I wont be getting out there till about 730 pm will I still be able to get them?

Theres an Indian store on Pyramid Hwy right before the lake. Has the creel census hut out front. They have permits. Also, 7-11 or Winners corner at Pyramid & Eagle Canyon/La Posada - WAAAY before the other two. Or Crosby Lodge in Sutcliffe at the lake. Any of these can get you camping permits and advise what areas are ok for overnight. Most beaches are posted as such, too.

Most of the posted beaches for shore fishing have hard packed parking areas - nearer the highway. All of them get softer the closer to the water you get. BE CAREFUL!!

Good Luck!

- Dave "Wedgemon"

Jetspray
03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
+1 on what Wedgemon said, make sure you follow the rules about fishing, they are also available there. Try Blockhouse to the south towards Nixon or Pelican beach where the ladders will be stacked up this time of the year. Pyramid fest is next week hope to see you there......Jetspray

TahoeRye
03-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. And I will try my best to make it to pyramid fest. Any advice on what to use as afar as lures and tackle???

Jetspray
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. And I will try my best to make it to pyramid fest. Any advice on what to use as afar as lures and tackle???

I would like to say what I last used but today that may not work. If you stop in at Crosby's they have a small store there with a ton of fishing gear. If you stop at the Creel station on the way in from Reno on Pyramid Hwy the store there has a bunch of good stuff too, and George may give you some pointers (he runs a charter and makes lures there). You need a fishing permit and camping permit and if you have a boat a boating permit anyway for each day you are there. They have rule books available as well. Good Luck out there I will be there from Monday to Sunday next week for the fest.......Jetspray

TahoeRye
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Made it out there fished at blockhouse all day. Caught 2 nothing too big one was prolly about 17. Definately gonna try to make it to the fest for a day or two thanks for the info.