PDA

View Full Version : Memerable Day at Pardee

danno
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Trolled Pardee yesterday with my brother and my father and had an exceptional day, great weather and loads of trout. We put 13 in the box c&r 3 had one short release also had a double, what a kick watching those two shouting orders and working the fish. Out of the 13 7 were 2.5lbs plus, nice fish. Thanks to Robbies unselfish information on grubbin I finally scored on the grub. Thanks again Robbie! Heres all the dope.
Orange Grubs on planers and F7 Hot Steel and Trout Rapalas on the wire 6' to 10' trolling 1.7-1.9 on the GPS.
I know what your thinking...I should be trolling faster with the raps but by mistake a couple of weeks ago I slowed way down with the raps and it has been deadly. Don't know why but if it works don't fix it. Oh forgot to mention 1 nice koke. I am sooo excited about bigger Kokes in that lake, going to be a great summer chasin big or bigger kokes at Pardee just like the old days.... wahooo!

Koke Machine83
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
danno: Congrats on a great day. Glad i could help!!! Hopefully those Kokes will get a lot BIGGER!!!! Hope to see you up there soon...

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Easy Limit
04-02-2011, 06:33 AM
alot of people say that under 2 mph is to slow for rapallas....well i have been fishing rapallas for years and i did the last 3 times at pardee and had no problem killing the fish......they work just fine and a hint is to really alternate the speed and give it a lil jerk or two one in a while....adam

TROUTCHASER
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
What day were you at Pardee? My buddy was up there on Thursday, the 31st and caught only one fish. Were there alot of boats? My buddy said when he got there there were at least 50-60 cars in the parking lot. That seems like a busy day for during the week.

Ikan_Mas
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Ditto on Thursday being a great day. I was on the bank near wood pile and picked up three fatties. Two stub tails and one wild fish on worm and marshmello. All about 16". Warning to bankies, lots of poison oak there and the ticks will be here soon.

danno
04-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Troutchaser....It was thursday the 31st. Yes it was crowded had a few that thought if they cut us off or beat us on the troll they would catch more fish. It's frustrating to watch a guy that knows he's on a 1.7mph collision course with you and not turn his head or look at you. If it didn't make me laugh it would tick me off. Fishing 101....When the fish are on top they scatter when you drive over them with the boat! The best way to NOT catch a fish is to drive over them with 20 boats.
BTW there are alot of gators floating arround out there beware! (Mr 200mph. gotta get to the bass guy).