PDA

View Full Version : Jenkinson Lake/Sly Park

dirty530
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Me and my girlfriend hiked around Lake Jenkinson yesterday and we saw a good amount of both bank and boat anglers scattered around the lake. I've fished Jenkinson many times and always come back empty handed and skeptical that any trout can be caught out of this lake. I was glad to see a couple of people caught decent sized fish from the bank. I talked to one guy who was in the shadows near the back towards the Hazel Creek inlet who caught three off power bait, one of which he let go. There was another guy with his three kids who showed me a healthy 14" rainbow he said his daughter caught off power bait within the first 3 minutes of fishing. I plan on fishing near these spots sometime this week:)

Jfitalia
04-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Me and my girlfriend hiked around Lake Jenkinson yesterday and we saw a good amount of both bank and boat anglers scattered around the lake. I've fished Jenkinson many times and always come back empty handed and skeptical that any trout can be caught out of this lake. I was glad to see a couple of people caught decent sized fish from the bank. I talked to one guy who was in the shadows near the back towards the Hazel Creek inlet who caught three off power bait, one of which he let go. There was another guy with his three kids who showed me a healthy 14" rainbow he said his daughter caught off power bait within the first 3 minutes of fishing. I plan on fishing near these spots sometime this week:)

Just try to plan your trips after they stock the lake. They did stock it last week so im sure thats why you saw so many anglers

fishingfreak
04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
looks like beautiful lake even if you didnt catch anything it would be a nice time just being out their

SuckerPunch
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
There's bigger and, to me, more rewarding game in that reservoir than the truck trout, so if you're okay with smallies and wild brownies and macks, you don't need to roll up right after the truck shows up...well, okay, unless the water's in the low 50s, the weather's crappy, and you want some monster trout to eat a big trout-imitation swimbait.

Hookum Greg
04-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Suckerpunch, man I just hate it when that happens to my swim-baits, especially in the rain. Then you have to get the net out ,find your stringer and go to the fish cleaning station. Oh ya, then fire up the smoker, buy beer all just in time to listen to a Giants game on the radio.
As Suckerpunch was suggesting, It seems the guys that put in a little time around that lake, catch some real nice healthy Browns and Bass. Do a little research, talk to the local shops (Mosquito Creek Outfitters, etc.), The Sniffer paper has good reports and you'll find lures and ways to fish crawlers that will help you enjoy that jewel of a lake until the upper lakes thaw. Tight lines, Greg

UCD_Angler
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I like to hike down to the bottom of the first dam on Mormon Emigrant. The trout in the creek are not big, but they are beautiful native specimens. Those little fat footballs like to do aerobatics. Watch out though: there is a ton of poison oak down there, and the rattlers are plentiful. Also be prepared for the pretty steep hike back up. Always get me right at the end. Probably not the best spot for small children.